After the lasso

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I was wondering: what options does Arizona have after the lasso? The regular lasso is obvious, but I keep having issues doings something useful after low or air lasso and I'm not sure if I have the right idea and merely bad timing or what.
:arizona:

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
If the guy you're against doesn't know what to do about it, you can do a quick backstep after a ground lasso to follow up with more ground lasso. If they don't know how to get out of it, they're stuck for as long as you care to keep it up. If they do know how to get out of it, then you're still near-about far enough away to recover from doing it to be able to block anything they decide to throw at you.
As for air lasso, there's a small bounce that you have a tiny window to follow up in (can be used to extend a level 2 super into another level 1 off the ground bounce but your timing has to be good otherwise you whiff). I think you might be able to get a stomp in during that window, but I'm not sure I remember properly. If you can hunt down some videos of Candel's fights, you'll have a solid idea of what a cow can really do with her rope (amongst other things).

Svierrod

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
This is a bit late, but here's the basic idea for lasso follow-ups:

Neutral Rope gives you a ton of time to convert into anything, but really only works the one time because of Stagger limitations.

Back Rope also gives you a follow-up, but it's much tighter. The easiest setup is to use a jab ("A" normal) afterwards, but because I'm not much of an Arizona player, I couldn't tell you the damage optimal follow-up.

Down Rope is impossible to follow up, BUT the knockdown is not techable if JD isn't full. It can't be used to start or extend combos, but gives you magic and a free mix-up. If used to end a combo early, before JD kicks in, you can build magic and attempt a mix-up to reset your damage scaling. Make them guess between crouch attack and hop attack, and start a new combo.

With Down Rope as an ender, you're basically betting on the future by doing a shorter combo now for some extra magic meter and the chance for what is basically a huge damage boost. Land the mix-up, and you can do mad damage. If they weasel out, then you only get the damage from the first half-combo. While the other two ropes can be used to make your combos longer, Down Rope is much more about risk vs. reward and mix-up shenanigans.

Reactions: Tribble

Flamerick

Dec 12, 2018
Argentina
www.twitch.tv
The training teachs you a few, but i use this:
After 22H (Heavy Stomp), 4D (Air Lasso). This can be in combo, LMH, 22L, 22H, 4D.
After 236M (Medium Butthead), 2D (Down Lasso). And goes LMH, 236L, 236M, 2D.
After 236D (Magic Butthead) D (normal Lasso), And you can easy combo LMH, 236L, 236H, 236D, and when enemy BOUNCE on the wall, you lasso him and keep the attack!

Always works and looks cool:
SUPER, LVL 2, make a dash and instant air lasso, and you can catch easy the enemy in mid air, normal lasso works too but "timing".

Reactions: Tribble