About the Announcer

marsephel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
I'm sorry but does anyone else think the announcer sounds... not very good? The character voices are fine, but I can't enjoy them because I had to turn voices off to mute the announcer. There's not enough energy in the voice and the accent is strange. Can we get a mute announcer option so we can still enjoy the character voices in game?

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
I agree it does kinda lack the energy you'd expect.
It doesn't bother me anywhere near enough to turn it off, though.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I've noticed that sometimes it interrupts character intros.

MSTieScott

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 13, 2016
I also am a little bewildered by the announcer. It makes me wonder whether story mode will offer some clarification as to why she sounds somewhat amused and awed by the entire situation. Otherwise, yeah, her tone doesn't feel quite right.

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
The only thing that bothers me about the announcer is how sometimes more than one recording saying the same thing play at the same time.
I've noticed that sometimes it interrupts character intros.
Okay well those are probably bugs. If you haven't (or someone hasn't) already, you might consider posting about those in the bug report section.
(I wonder how widespread that is. I don't happen to have ever heard either of those problems).

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I also am a little bewildered by the announcer. It makes me wonder whether story mode will offer some clarification as to why she sounds somewhat amused and awed by the entire situation. Otherwise, yeah, her tone doesn't feel quite right.
This is what gets me about the announcer. The way she seems calm and perhaps slightly amused by the goings on. She somewhat reminds me of the TF2 announcer, though obviously not exactly the same.

I like her, though. She ain't the Alpha 3 announcer, but she doesn't HAVE to be. Now the question is just: WHY does she announce the way she does? Knowing Mane6, there has to be a reason. Makes me think it's actually...

The Prophet? Like perhaps her spirit watching over the Key Seekers as they do battle.

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
I honestly agree, the announcer just isn't my cup of tea. While you don't need a hype as hell announcer I at least like them to sound invested in what's going on or have some form of charisma. Rev 2 is a pretty good example of an announcer that isn't insanely hype, but the voice is so good I love it for that and the same could be said of Skuillgirls' announcer man.

With this I just don't feel any hype or excitement. Maybe there can be like a voice pack like with what Skullgirls did down the line where it can be changed, of course it wont be a drunk or soviet announcer, but having variety would be nice.

Reactions: Pom d'or

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Personally I like the announcer. And while others said she sounds uninterested, I don't feel like she sounds apathetic.
Same here. I don't feel one ounce of "uninterested" coming from her. Heck, she even sounds a bit happy when she announces winners.

Reactions: negativerainbow

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
We think Beta described the announcer the best:

"She's an old, experienced lady who's been through too much sh[enanigans] to take anything seriously anymore"
I don't feel like you guys quite nailed that, she should sound even MORE disinterested if that were the case and should have more quotes regarding this side of her personality. So far it just sounds like a motherly lady treating everyone like her kids (more like encouraging them).

Also, maybe she could also sound a little older to reflect that? Tho I feel like there might be a fragment of dedgaem lingering behind the choice of her voice.