Aaron Stavely joins Mane6

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com

Aaron Stavely is now an official member of Mane6! He has joined forces with us to make more high-quality video tutorials for TFH and also manage the dev team, who was definitely in need of management.

Who is Aaron?

Aaron is an old, long-term friend of the devs who has been helping us solve a variety of challenges with the project on his own time since before we launched into Early Access. He is a bit of a Renaissance man who has worked in the game industry professionally for over 4 years.

You may have seen him moderating the Steam forums and hanging out in Discord under the tag Infinaron. He also did the effects on Fred’s voice to make him sound all demon-y!

Why is Aaron?

Aaron has been hired to address two specific concerns:

a. It takes a dedicated person to coordinate a team of distributed game developers with unbridled passion to make the best four-legged fighting game ever.

b. We need to start communicating more frequently with you, the community.

Aaron has been with us fulltime since December of last year. By the power of spreadsheets, calendars, and good old-fashioned JFDI, he has already completely revolutionized the way we work.

The Road to 1.0

There is always more work to be done, but we are getting close to the point where we can call the game “version 1.0”. How close? Well, it’s definitely for sure happening this year.

From now on, we are committing to monthly game updates and monthly devstreams. Delays may still happen, but going forward we will make every effort to explain why, and for how long.

The next devsteam is Thurs, Jan 31 @ 3PM PST. We will do our usual Q&A and also show you our tools for Story Mode, which have undergone a complete overhaul since we last talked about them.

Since it's been so long since the last one, here is a link to our stream channel!

Post-Release Content

At 1.0, Story Mode will only include the prologue and chapter one (Arizona). After 1.0, the remaining five base characters’ chapters will be added later on, free of charge. We have plans to expand the roster, starting with goat, with more following. Development of goat will begin after 1.0 releases. No day-one DLC.

As mentioned before, the goat DLC will be free for backers of our indiegogo campaign as a thank you for helping us reach our stretch goals. The standard price for goat and further DLC has not been determined yet and will be revealed alongside actual content.

Video Tutorials

Aaron will be making a dedicated post later this week to fully outline his plans for new video tutorials. We can say that right now he will be focusing more on general gameplay rather than character-specific content until 1.0 is released, since everyone has been rapidly receiving balance changes, new moves, and visual polish with each Early Access patch.

His old videos will remain up on his personal channel for now but will eventually be redone to reflect the current patch and improve clarity. All new videos of his will be posted on the Mane6 YouTube page and website.

Epilogue

That’s all our updates for now. More posts are coming to expand on things. You guys are awesome. Things are moving more quickly and efficiently now. We’ve got some really cool stuff coming your way. Can’t wait to show you.

- M6

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
I look forward to Heidi the Goat being a reality once the updates come through. Though I am hopeful that TFH will be participating in a bunch of tournaments this year as well, both at cons and national tourneys.

Reactions: Salty Beef

Kyderra

Professional salty better
Backers' Beta Tester
I'm rather excited about this.
Mane6 really needed someone that can show a new road map and communicate the progress of he games.

Can I also point out how I love Aaron's set design in the video

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'M SO READY FOR STREAAAAAMS

Can I also point out how I love Aaron's set design in the video
That's a friend's really awesome set, apparently. They put it in the video description.

PichiQaz

Jul 2, 2018
Im finally gonna be able to see the streams live from you guys, but where will they be?
Youtube, twitch?
Another streaming service?
I wasn't there on the first streams, so I dont know.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Reactions: PichiQaz

ShadowLightMew

Shiny Pokémon hunter and trainer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Can't wait for the streams, they were the highlights during those months

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Should this announcement be listed on the website and steam page as well?
They posted it in the Steam forums, but not in the News section. Not sure about the website, but that always seems to be behind.

Reactions: Dem