6B hitbox improved, cool. Can we fix JC?

I've been playing Arizona since release. There are a lot of things wrong with her hitboxes sometimes.

The most glaring one that messes me and most other Ari's that I fight, is the JC. It is clearly intended to be used to as a crossover or a way to hit people who are low-blocking. Ironically, JC's hitbox will miss crouching targets most of the time when used with normal jumps. This leads to a lot of frustration.

There's an easy fix to this, just slow the animation down slightly so the attack lasts slightly longer. Since JC misses barely most of the time, slowing the animation by about 5-10% should make it so Ari will hit her target on the back end of the animation. This doesn't change the hitbox at all, just prolongs it. The change would be barely noticeable and allow Ari to finally hit her target.

Suggest other, possibly better, solutions in the comments if you'd like.

And for those of you who are going to say, "just light hop", there are some situations it is worse to do a light hop over a normal jump. For example, using 2D resets your opponent and you can do a normal jump to be right over their head when they stand up allowing the JC to crossover. If you were to do a light hop, you would not go over your opponent to be able to crossover.

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
Just... delay the aerial. It's not really supposed to be easy in this context, but it's definitely doable. Knowing how to vary aerial timings has other applications, too, like baiting pushblocks and throwing off IB timings.