Search results

1. NimbusArchon

Favorite Gaming Soundtrack?

I'ma say it again. Chrono. Trigger.
  2. NimbusArchon

Officially unofficial m6 gaming night thread

I'm available then, so count me in. Time to actually play S&ASRT for once...
  3. NimbusArchon

Skullgirls

:3 I'm working towards a Robo-Fortune/Big Band team. I'm at the basic level of competence with RF, and I'm training with Big Band right now. I'm calling the team Robot Apocalypse.
  4. NimbusArchon

Crowdfunded games

I jumped on the Indivisible bandwagon as well. Really looking forward to it - I'm actually playing Valkyrie Profile right now to get some idea of how the combat works. I also backed Pocket Rumble a while ago, and it's finally on Steam. It only has 2 characters so far, but the engine and systems...
  5. NimbusArchon

Obscure Fighting Games

People don't talk much about Garou: Mark of the Wolves. It's a shame, because it might be one of my favorite fighters. I've been attempting to get better at it on Fightcade, but I'm pretty much constantly destroyed. The Fightcade crowd is hardcore.
  6. NimbusArchon

Officially unofficial m6 gaming night thread

Absolutely. I've got TF2, Awesomenauts, Terraria, and I guess S&ASRT? Also I should probably buy Rocket League. Is this happening tonight, by any chance?
  7. NimbusArchon

What is Your All Time Favorite Game?

I'm surprised by the lack of Chrono Trigger. It has one of the best stories of any JRPG I've played, and some of the most interesting mechanics. Leveling is paced excellently, and I never felt a need to grind before a boss - just to figure out their systems and weaknesses. The final boss is...
  8. NimbusArchon

Controller vs Keyboard vs Stick, what's best/worst?

For a while I played on a low-end Mayflash arcade stick, which wasn't very high quality. Constant dropped inputs, loose joystick, weird buttons. If you're going to play on stick, make sure you get a decent one. I recently got a Hori FC4, which has been doing well. The D-pad is excellent, firm...
  9. NimbusArchon

Melty blood

I was planning to skip Melty on Steam and wait for UNIEL. It looks like it'll have a larger community, and I like the character designs more. Melty does look really good, though, and it's coming out earlier... I dunno, maybe I should just get both of them. What do you think?
  10. NimbusArchon

The Fightin' Fœnatics, V2 (Updated 5/3/17: HIATUS IS OVAH!)

I've been hoping for a community like this to pop up. I'm new to fighters and less than confident, so to have others to practice with would help me a lot. I'm down to join. On SFV: I'm planning to play it anyway, so if the Fœnatics were to move there (or at least maintain a presence) I'd like...
  11. NimbusArchon

Introduce yourself

I'm NimbusArchon, professional lurker extraordinaire. I've been watching fighting games for a few years (mostly through EVO and the Friday Night Fisticuffs series), and I'm finally getting into playing them. I can memorize systems, spot mixups, and explain optimal zoning patterns without a...