Search results

1. inthesto

Controller vs Keyboard vs Stick, what's best/worst?

I've always been anti-octagonal gate, and this image demonstrates why pretty cleanly:
  2. inthesto

What fgs do you play?

Last Blade 2 is one of my favorite games. I play Speed Shigen, Speed Kojiroh, and Power Kaede.
  3. inthesto

Bad Fighting Games!

There's worse games than Shaq Fu, honestly. My all time worst is Dino Rex. There's a jump button for no reason, pressing up makes your dinosaur roar (which sounds like a demon straight out of hell) to no effect, and if the characters ever switch sides, the game stops so they can go back to...
  4. inthesto

Controller vs Keyboard vs Stick, what's best/worst?

In theory, keyboards/hitboxes should have a mechanical advantage over the rest, but hitboxes are so new that there aren't really any high level players who are accustomed to them over other input devices Of course, what you're comfortable is going to be the most important part by a long shot
  5. inthesto

Favorite Fighting Game Theme?

It's actually been mathematically proven that the best Guilty Gear soundtrack was the Korean #Reload soundtrack It's also been mathematically proven that pre-Eolith KoF music is the best
  6. inthesto

Tips?

Learn how to block.
  7. inthesto

The Fightin' Fœnatics, V2 (Updated 5/3/17: HIATUS IS OVAH!)

This is a good thread. From the other introductory threads, it actually looks like a lot of TFH fans have little to no fighting game experience, which I find pretty surprising. Hardware allowing, I intend on doing some educational streams and maybe even slapping together some tutorial videos. I...
  8. inthesto

Street fighter

I've played a lot of fighting games, but I've seriously played and entered tournaments for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, and Street Fighter 4 (both vanilla and Super, I lost interest after that). If Street Fighter 5 wants to improve, they...
  9. inthesto

Street fighter

A friend sent me a beta key on PS4 so I could check it out for myself. SF5 on the whole really just feels like an unending neutral game, where the penalty for making a mistake is... a combo that does 10 - 15% of your life? Yawn.
  10. inthesto

Street fighter

I want to like Street Fighter 5, I really do, but it just hasn't been fun to play. The game is just so dry, nothing works, and every new beta has been nothing but nerfs. I'm probably going to buy it anyways because I'm an idiot, but the highest expectation I can set for it is "I'll hate it less...
  11. inthesto

Fight sticks

An arcade stick has some advantages and disadvantages when compared to the d-pad on a controller. Fight sticks generally have a much easier time hitting non-continuous directions, so something like f, b, f + P (an input commonly used in King of Fighters games) or diagonal charges (i.e. Guile or...
  12. inthesto

What fgs do you play?

From what I've heard, the XBox and PS2 ports differ wildly from the arcade/Dreamcast versions. Different set of glitches, frame data is all goofed up, that kind of stuff. The ideal solution would be to buy the version on the Microsoft or PSN store, but thanks to Marvel licencing nonsense...
  13. inthesto

Fight sticks

Be warned that when you use an arcade stick for the first time, you're going to have to learn how to do inputs all over again. It took me a few months for me to be as comfortable on a stick as I was on pad. Now a decade later, if I try to use a pad, I feel like I'm sawing my fingers off...
  14. inthesto

What fgs do you play?

Well, it's easy enough to get a pirate copy on the Dreamcast, but then you'd have to get an arcade stick for the Dreamcast Shame it's no longer sold on consoles, though
  15. inthesto

What fgs do you play?

I first learned to play fighting games at a competitive level with Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. It wasn't a good idea and it took me years to unlearn some of the bad habits that game teaches you, but at least I don't complain about balance in any game ever. I learned how to play Street...
  16. inthesto

Introduce yourself

I'm a grumpy old man who learned how to play competitively on Third Strike, and then went back and learned how to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I'm also the grumpy old man who complains about all fighting games made after 2001. I'm personally hoping Tianhuo will...