Search results

1. Someoneman

Storymode Thoughts (SPOILERS)

During Velvet's second and third phases, how am I supposed to block her projectiles without losing all the distance I closed towards her?
  2. Someoneman

Level 3 supers?

The part with Fred should be a first person cinematic like Valentine's Level 3 in Skullgirls.
  3. Someoneman

Anyone with controller imperfections on Steam should check this

I really wish I could use these functions without having to start up Big Picture Mode each time. The biggest issue I have with the game is the controller not accepting diagonals, resulting in non-functional special moves, and it sounds like this would fix it.
  4. Someoneman

Sharing Combo Trials Files!

I think when the game is out of Early Access there should be a Steam Workshop for trials.
  5. Someoneman

Can't seem to perform specials or charge moves

I use a controller, but I also have this problem. Checking in training mode shows that you need to press the diagonals and that if you do the motion too fast it might not count (on the controller, it's because I don't push the stick far enough to count as a diagonal).
  6. Someoneman

Strange Duck spotted in local caves

The duck disguises itself as headwear and secretly feeds off its victim's brainwaves until it is mature enough to make an opening to access the brain itself.
  7. Someoneman

Quarter circles not getting diagonals

The new patch notes say "input for specials have more consistent and lenient timing", but I'm still not getting my quarter circles unless I take special care in pushing the joystick straight down and keeping it pushed to the edge while I bring it to the left/right. Of course, I don't have time...
  8. Someoneman

Music Discussion Thread

They actually showed the two players standing still mid-fight in one stream, and the music changed to the idle mix. So I'm pretty sure the idle music was intended to play when both players stand still.
  9. Someoneman

Small typo in the header underneath General Discussion: "feebdack"

6 5 5 4 2 1 3 11 Will the word replacement AI overlord see through my impenetrable word cypher?
  10. Someoneman

Datamining thread

I just opened the game's folder and looked around. A lot of the files are in an easy-to-open format like .png or .wav, so no hacking skills are required.
  11. Someoneman

Datamining thread

By looking in the game files, there's some interesting stuff to be found. Discuss your findings here. "Scripts/Announcer/CselVersus" contains voice clips of the announcer saying every character's name. This includes the non-playable predators, but, most interestingly, "Devourer" and...
  12. Someoneman

Future Palettes

13. Someoneman

Quarter circles not getting diagonals

When I'm playing as Pom I'm having a hard time summoning my dogs because the quarter circle motions don't always work. According to training mode, the diagonals aren't being detected by the game, so I get :2::6: instead of :2::3::6:. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, if that's relevant
  14. Someoneman

Is salt going to become permanent later on?

Right now when you leave a lobby, you lose all your salt, which makes it hard to get new hats (that might be intentional to give players more pride and accomplishment). Is this a permanent feature or just a temporary thing until the pixel lobby can be finished?
  15. Someoneman

Future Palettes

The lack of Pom palettes is a crime. Mane6 pls :olliesad:
  16. Someoneman

Oleander's teleport animation

Good. I was waiting for an explanation. I'm worried that the "incomplete" version might harm the "full" game's reputation since many gaming channels are already doing first looks and are not all likely to come back for the patched version.
  17. Someoneman

Is the game ready for release?

I've heard a potential explanation that the version they planned on releasing still had bits of unpresentable story mode and that they couldn't remove them in time, so they had to release a less complete beta build instead. I trust that we'll get the "real" early access version this weekend...
  18. Someoneman

Cam's Notation and Input Primer

Yes. If you don't want to walk backwards, you can hold :1: instead to crouch and block, but that won't block jumping attacks and certain other attacks (known as "overheads"). However, crouch-blocking is the only way to block certain low attacks, so you need to figure out how to block each...
  19. Someoneman

Cam's Notation and Input Primer

Is it just me or are quarter circles more strict in this game? Unless I start straight on down and end straight on forwards/back, the specials don't always work.
  20. Someoneman

Is the game ready for release?

Unfortunately OP's worries were right, it seems. The 0.95 release is essentially a glorified beta, although it seems like the missing content will be coming in a couple of days.