Search results

1. Cam's Notation and Input Primer

That looks like a dragon punch but not quite right. The motion is actually :6::2::3: so to the right, down, down right. Motion then the button right after. Not at the same time as the last input for the motion.
  2. Future Palettes

Haven't looked through all of the Pallets but an Amapharos Pom with Granbull colored puppies would be a cool idea.
  3. Damage Value Suggestions

I'll admit to being wrong about chip I guess I was just lucky enough to not have experienced it since SFIV. That being said I'm still not sure if it's a good fit for this game. A lot of specials and normals provide really good mixup opportunities and some supers are hard to avoid. Velvet's sucks...
  4. Damage Value Suggestions

I have a couple of thoughts about how damage is dished out in this game after messing around in it. Chip Damage: Dying to chip has been out of fighters for a while. It's not fun to die to chip and discourages defensive play, which regular chip and pressure options like those available in a...
  5. Turning off infinite health in training mode.

I'm trying to test some stuff and I can't seem to find a way to turn off health regen. The training mode is pretty robust so it's kinda surprising that this isn't in there. Is the option actually missing our can I just not find it?
  6. Separate Menu Button Config

Yeah like I pointed out some fight sticks don't have labled buttons and even if they did moving the confirm button all over the place sucks especially when playing other fighting games that auto set it to one place or another that lets you set it yourself.
  7. Cam's Notation and Input Primer

Brought this up in another topic but don't press the button at the same time you input the final direction of your command. Make it a little bit afterward. Less than a a fraction of a second but still after the motion is complete. Your inputs should come out more consistently.
  8. Cam's Notation and Input Primer

Just as an aside pressing the button at the same time as the motion is complete isn't the BEST timing. A little bit after the motion is more likely to bring it out. Charges are weird but motion then button tends to be the universal method in fighting games with some games being more lenient than...
  9. Separate Menu Button Config

Okay so I've finally figured out why the menu UI seems to be so weird every time I change my buttons. It's set to make whatever you have set as Magic to be your confirmation. Which is really weird for people on controller who might wanna change their defaults and pretty inconvenient for anyone...
  10. Newish to fighting games, how do I learn?

There are a lot of little nuances to learn that are fundamental to basically any 2D fighter but here's the basic "game" Standing block blocks mid and air/overhead attacks. Crouching block blocks mid and crouching attacks. Air and overheads are typically slower and easier to react to than...
  11. Ideal DLC Character

This game is sorely missing a grappler. And the answer is sort of staring us in the face with the main villains of the game. Just introduce a lion or tiger or something with claws and fangs as a fighter and turn "Grappler" into "Mauler"