Search results

1. Max APogee

Licensed Games That Are Actually Good

I thought Alien: Isolation was really good, especially after the mess that was Colonial Marines (though, in all fairness, I actually quite enjoyed that game and didn't seem to get plagued by any of the bugs that hit everyone else) It's one of only two games that has genuinely scared me, which...
  2. Max APogee

Cosplay thread

I've been cosplaying for about 10 years now, and in that time I've managed to pull together quite a few costumes. I tend to focus mostly on sci-fi TV costumes (though I have done a couple of Lawyer Friendly Equines costumes (Soarin' and Flash Sentry) in the past, sadly I don't have many photos of them) and I have...
  3. Max APogee

Star Trek Discussion

I'm a huge Star Trek fan. :D My exposure to TOS was fairly limited, though a year or so back I finally got round to watching through that series. While not my favourite, it was good to see where everything are from and what influences it had on everything that came after it. Funnily enough...
  4. Max APogee

Tabletop Gaming

Tabletop gaming is something I'm slowly getting into. I bought Pandemic a while back and have had lots of fun with that, and I've played steam versions of a few other games. I've not had chance to play any tabletop RPGs though, aside from having very little time, I don't really know too many...
  5. Max APogee

Major Talk

It can do, it would be nice to take a break from all the chemistry and so something fun like photography or a foreign language for a little bit, but like I said, my timetable is pretty rammed as it is, so I really don't have time to fit anything like that in (on the other hand, I have a buddy...
  6. Max APogee

Major Talk

Not really. Speaking personally, I don't have time on my timetable to fit any elective courses in, some of the less intensive programmes occasionally elective units but they're usually related in some way to that programme. For example during my first year we had physics students in out...
  7. Max APogee

Major Talk

I'm about half way through studying for a degree in forensic science. It's basically a chemistry degree, as forensic science is mostly just analytical chemistry, so I spend a lot of my time in labs making cool coloured fluids in conical flasks (which I'm sure is the only reason people go into...
  8. Max APogee

Upcoming Games

I've not really had my ear to the ground for upcoming games, so I'm not really sure what's on the horizon. However, the one game I am looking forward to is the new Ratchet and Clank game coming out in April (I'm also really looking forward to the movie :D)
  9. Max APogee

Currently playing

I'm slowly ploughing though Fallout 4 at the moment. I have very little free time these days, so, sadly, my gaming time has been reduced drastically which means I still need to 'sush' people when they start talking about Fallout's story so I don't get spoiled. HUGE fan of Ratchet and clank, so...
  10. Max APogee

Mass Effect

I actually liked the ending to ME3, bearing in mind that I've only played that game once and that was before the big update. That said, I came at it as being a fan of shows like Farscape and Battlestar Galactica, both of which had ... unconventional endings, so I guess I was more used to it...
  11. Max APogee

Controller vs Keyboard vs Stick, what's best/worst?

Generally speaking, I'm definitely the most comfortable using a control pad. While I can use a keyboard if I have to (I'm looking at you, Outlast) I've never been able to properly figure out how to make the most of using them - my fingers always get lost and I end up pressing the wrong keys all...
  12. Max APogee

Mass Effect

Absolutely, I've lost count of the number of films that have been spoiled by having the best bits in the trailers, so I'm all for the devs doing whatever they to keep as much of it a surprise as they can. You're right, it's something Fallout did really well, details of the story ere kept really...
  13. Max APogee

Mass Effect

Yeah, there has been surprisingly little released so far. I saw the SDCC panel a year or two back (at least I think it was SDCC), but other than that, nothing. Not that that's entirely a bad thing,more to be surprised by once the game comes out ( as long as it's good) As for the inevitable...
  14. Max APogee

Mass Effect

I'm a HUGE fan of Mass Effect. I bout the first one on a whim 'cause it looked interesting, glad I did. I've been meaning to run though all the games again for ages (I've only played through ME3 once!) but I've just not had the time. Really looking forward to Andromeda, I love the world they...
  15. Max APogee

Backer Status forum privileges

Hi there. My account was approved a few hours ago now and my backer status doesn't seem to have been applied (I signed up with my IGG address) Thanks. ETA!! Woo, thanks very much :D
  16. Max APogee

Introduce yourself

Hi all, I'm Max Apogee (or just Apogee, if you like ;)) A long time brony from the UK. I'm half way to becoming a forensic scientist, and I'm a bit of a gamer on the side, I've been playing Fallout 4 (in the 5 free minutes I get ever week (at least that's what it feels like, lol)) Not really...