• Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

• Them's Fightin' Herds

Current Version: Early Access 17.2: 7.8.2019

Search results

1. Snivian Moon

Latency tips?

Ah, easier said than done. I don't have any local friends. And even the acquaintances I have wouldn't be playing fighting games, or any games, really. I would hope that based on my location and the price I pay for internet, that I would have at least a halfway decent ping. But I guess not...
  2. Snivian Moon

Latency tips?

Many thanks for the information and tips! I've been finding it really surprising that my ping to most players is so bad, but if it's location-to-location dependent, that might be a reasonable explanation. It seems strange - I've got just about the best connection that's available in my area...
  3. Snivian Moon

Latency tips?

Oh, neat! I had no idea! Thanks very much. I'll give that a look for sure the next time I'm trying to play in a pixel lobby. Very much appreciated!
  4. Snivian Moon

Latency tips?

Nope, completely wired connection.
  5. Snivian Moon

Latency tips?

I have what I consider to be a pretty good and stable connection. I tend to have pretty decent down and up rates (154.6 Mbps down / 11.7 Up according to Google, on average), and whenever I'm playing most games online (say FPS, etc) my ping tends to be below 150. But I guess my lag must be...
  6. Snivian Moon

Which is better?

I think Microsoft realized their d-pad was awful after a while. They released a 360 controller with a 'transforming' d-pad at one point, where you could twist the d-pad and put it in a 'not suck' mode. It was actually really great, and looked pretty slick too! Then they decided that wasn't a...
  7. Snivian Moon

So what's the flame-y deali-mabob above some pixel lobby avatars?

I didn't know quite which forum to ask this on, but this seemed like a safe place to start: Some players in the pixel lobby have a little flame-looking thing above their heads (maybe it's Oleander's book, some have suggested to me?). When I first started playing even in the beta, I saw it and...
  8. Snivian Moon

Vote for your favorite ungulate! [Early Access Edition]

Obviously the answer is Ariz-OLEANDER, FOR SHE HAS THE POWER OF FRED. ALL HAIL FRED. SINCERELY, FORUM USER.
  9. Snivian Moon

Which is better?

I just want to say that I absolutely love the Hitbox controller. It's a fantastic piece of hardware! I've been playing fighting games off and on for years on a Hitbox, and now I can't really go back to stick. It allows me to input motions with much more precision than I'm able with a stick...
  10. Snivian Moon

Requesting help with ground bounce combos and defense

Thanks very much! I'm going to try putting your advice to the test this evening, and seeing if I can't improve a bit as a result. Very much appreciate your clear and kind help!
  11. Snivian Moon

Many thanks! I'll certainly take all this to heart, and I really appreciate the advice. With regard to #1, I hope you don't mind if I ask a bit more: I tend to try to input the moves as soon as I'm physically able to - I still can't seem to get any more than a single :C: in while airborne, for...
  12. Snivian Moon

I've been grinding out some practice since retail release (And will shamefully admit to being pretty bad), and at the moment I'm pretty decent at reliably getting down basic combos. I've been playing with Ole primarily, but with some Ari thrown in the mix from time to time. Move inputs don't...
  13. Snivian Moon

List of basic maneuvers / mechanics?

I'm by no means an expert, but I will try my best to answer as much as I can! This one I know for sure: While blocking, press :atkatk:. That'll push away any aggression! There are a variety of states in which a blocking character will flash, that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure which one is on...
  14. Snivian Moon

Cam's Notation and Input Primer

No problem. I'm learning too, and it's a total blast. Hope you have fun out there! :olliebigsmile:
  15. Snivian Moon

Cam's Notation and Input Primer

A really good question! At first glance it is counter intuitive, so no worries there. I know you asked about the functionality of the Cross Canter in another thread - I hope you don't mind if I talk about the timing and inputs here. If I'm not mistaken, this move is a little tricky until you...
  16. Snivian Moon

Newish to fighting games, how do I learn?

I could be wrong about this, but I believe "Cross Canter" is what is sometimes referred to as "Dead Angle" in other fighting games (Particularly Guilty Gear). Essentially what it does is allow you to attack while blocking. If you press :6::+::atkatk: while you are currently in blockstun (That...
  17. Snivian Moon

Oleander Google Doc

I've really been hoping to up my Oleander combo game, but didn't know quite where to start. This is an excellent resource! Thanks so much for sharing this.
  18. Snivian Moon

Chests in Salt Mines give an error?

Thanks so much for your hard work! I know you guys are really putting in some long hours, but I just want to say it's really appreciated. Loving everything about the game so far! You should be SUPER proud of what you've made.
  19. Snivian Moon

Chests in Salt Mines give an error?

Whenever I open a costed chest in the salt mines, and the reward is not food of some sort, I get the following error: "Some kinda server error. The server cannot give you any items..." I'm not sure if this is a legit error, or just something I'm doing wrong, but since it declared itself an...
  20. Snivian Moon

So Oleander is a zoner

Thanks so much for the clarification! I really do appreciate it. Oleander is the character I'm currently trying to learn, so knowing the details of how her double jump performs is very much useful!