The use of an eraser while drawing reindeers while balancing pineapples on your nose

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
So as to ensure the ethical and philosophical debate of this topic does not seep into other threads as specified in the rules, let's contain it to this thread instead.

Personally... I'm against! I'd be okay with if it you're balancing apples on your nose, or even just some pine. But pineapples? At that point, we'd have to ask ourselves if science has gone too far.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As someone who frequently draws reindeers while balancing pineapples on my nose, I'm all for it. Pineapples, though they are a genetic combination of pine trees and apples, promote and enhance the creative to process for drawing a reindeer. The only negative side-effect that is known is an apparent health-risk if one is allergic to pineapples.

Reactions: Siyray

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Im not so sure about that. People should do what they want even if it would mean potential harm to ones face. To be quite honest i usually balance a watermelon or two on my nose while drawing.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
So as to ensure the ethical and philosophical debate of this topic does not seep into other threads as specified in the rules, let's contain it to this thread instead.

Personally... I'm against! I'd be okay with if it you're balancing apples on your nose, or even just some pine. But pineapples? At that point, we'd have to ask ourselves if science has gone too far.
EDIT: oh damn that didnt work as well as id have hoped

Attachments

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
No! Absolutely not! Pineapples are nothing, NOTHING to be played around with! Have you thought of their homes? Their families? Do you know the pain they endured when they were dug up from the ground?! Then to balance them on your nose, WHILE HOLDING AN ERASER OF ALL THINGS?

Have you no decency?! Do you not know that erasers are pineapple gibbets?!?

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hrm, gibbits you say... well if i were going to actually be serious about this one would say that the pineapple you got that gibbit from must have been made of some pretty strange stuff... i mean who has ever heard of a rubber pineapple?

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
You guys are missing the point. I have no problem with people drawing reindeers while balancing pineapples on their noses, but I will ABSOLUTELY not accept the use of an eraser while doing so. There should be a LAW!

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You guys are missing the point. I have no problem with people drawing reindeers while balancing pineapples on their noses, but I will ABSOLUTELY not accept the use of an eraser while doing so. There should be a LAW!
So you want a law in which one cant undo the mistakes made by a bad stroke?

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Without the eraser, how can the highlights be more highlighted? How can the original drawing be erased from the big picture? But most importantly, what would happen to the pineapple who depends on the eraser?

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
So you want a law in which one cant undo the mistakes made by a bad stroke?
Only while partaking in reindeer drawing and pineapple balancing. That would just be sick and wrong for reasons I refuse to explain because they should be obvious to all sensible people.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
An eraser cannot wipe away your sins and mistakes. To try and get rid of the evidence would only make what you've done that much worse.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Mistakes on paper vs mistakes in life one is unlike the other and not applicable.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And the pineapple relies upon the eraser for entertainment. Think of the pineapple.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Do you think the pineapple thinks of you? If it saw you drowning, would it pull you out? Even if it had hands, I think it'd ignore you. And Phil Collins would see it and write a song about it.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hrm... we need a forum dedicated to philosophy debates...... Now back on topic

Was it not earlier it was said that the eraser is the gibbit from the pineapple? But that cannot be right and if the eraser is the pineapples entertainment what entertains the eraser?

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Even if the pineapple doesn't think of me, it doesn't matter because I ate the pineapple. And it was delicious.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Well, that's just the thing. The Pineapple knows the eraser is made from Pineapple gibblets. It knows that its brothers and sisters are being rubbed into nothing to perfect the reindeer. What, I ask, do you think this would do to its mind?

Unless, ofc, the Pineapple was the one who made the eraser to begin with.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Maximum contrast is nice but what about when your doing the first outline, the sketch before the inking?

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
More importantly, how does the pineapple (which I ate) affect how one creates arts? Does the pineapple influence people to use pencil instead of ink?

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Maximum contrast is nice but what about when your doing the first outline, the sketch before the inking?
Good question! You actually just don't do it. When your drawing turns out to be shitty, you just have to accept it and move on and try to do better for the next one.

It's a really great way to work, I highly recommend giving it a try.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
More importantly, how does the pineapple (which I ate) affect how one creates arts? Does the pineapple influence people to use pencil instead of ink?
Given that you've eaten a monster, I'd say its filled your mind with evil thoughts, giving rise to the idea of using pencil over pen.

But then again, I'm no expert on the topic, so who really knows? Do let us know if anything dramatic changes in your behavior after consuming said unholy creature.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Do let us know if anything dramatic changes in your behavior after consuming said unholy creature.
Well, I can't balance it on my nose anymore, so my creative process is hindered. I do find eating the cross between a pine and an Apple may have some aftereffects.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Well, I can't balance it on my nose anymore, so my creative process is hindered. I do find eating the cross between a pine and an Apple may have some aftereffects.
Do you feel abnormally juicy? A pit prickly perhaps? Do you feel the need to befriend a pig and lie down on a bed of cheese together?

Leedin

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
I for one advise against the use of erasers while drawing reindeers while balancing pineapples on your nose. It is not only impractical, but highly dangerous! Turning that drawing instrument around to use the eraser while keeping the pineapples balanced could prove difficult!
I've drafted a quick simulation below to back up my argument.

I assure you the fact that I assume you are Arizona in the modern earth era has no impact on this debate.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I for one advise against the use of erasers while drawing reindeers while balancing pineapples on your nose. It is not only impractical, but highly dangerous! Turning that drawing instrument around to use the eraser while keeping the pineapples balanced could prove difficult!

I assure you the fact that I are assume you are Arizona in the modern earth era has no impact on this debate.
I mean, im pretty sure this argument just got straight scienced, leedin wins

Reactions: Leedin

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Turning that drawing instrument around to use the eraser while keeping the pineapples balanced could prove difficult!
But if the eraser is in another hand, balancing the pineapple becomes easier since one does not have to flip the pencil to use the eraser.

Edit: And the toaster will not catch on fire.

Last edited:

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Whilst this backs up my side, I must admit, it's admirable how even when picnicing, the pineapple still stays perfectly still. She has a talent~

Leedin

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
But if the eraser is in another hand, balancing the pineapple becomes easier since one does not have to flip the pencil to use the eraser.

Edit: And the toaster will not catch on fire.
Aha! That is a potent retort! ...However, I still foresee complication.

Let us assume for the sake of this argument, that the eraser is not attached to the drawing instrument.
Another simulation provided below.

I rest my pineapple. Er, I mean case.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

I assure you the fact that I assume you are Arizona in the modern earth era has no impact on this debate.

Aha! That is a potent retort! ...However, I still foresee complication.

Let us assume for the sake of this argument, that the eraser is not attached to the drawing instrument.
Another simulation provided below.

These are amazing.

maor plex...

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Excellent point, but assuming both the pencil and eraser were in hand, so to speak, could such a hazrd be avoided? With the pencil and the eraser already within grasp, there would be no need to reach for the eraser.

Leedin

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
Excellent point, but assuming both the pencil and eraser were in hand, so to speak, could such a hazrd be avoided? With the pencil and the eraser already within grasp, there would be no need to reach for the eraser.

Again, you thwart my logic, you magnificent fiend!

Thrice now, I must respond with an opposing ...wait a minute.

No, that..... that definitely worked out alright. Huh. You got me there.

Last edited:

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
But it appears all of my efforts to prevent tragedy have been in vain. I tip my hat to you sir. But I must ask one final question:
How did the anatomical structure of Arizona's hooves change?