6th collectable in Reine doesn't drop in story mode [patch 1.02]

LifeNine

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Stopping twice in front of the picture of the reindeer with the apple in front of his face should drop the black hat. After the second stomp, the reindeer is bald, but no hat appears.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Are you able to get a video of this? The hat should be on the floor, and it just worked fine for me. I'd like to see what's happening on your end.

LifeNine

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hey Cam,

Here's a link to the video:

I don't know if the order of the hats matter, but I think I had them collected 1, 3-5, 7. I tried to get #6, but it didn't work. I finally got #2, but #6 is still doesn't drop.

I think I've talked to all the NPCs and the pictures around Reine.

Patch 1.0.2 dropped while I was still in Reine.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
That's extremely odd, it may be something to do with your save file then, since the patch dropped while you were in Reine.

If you're not too bothered by it, at some point can you start the chapter section fresh from the start, and then work your way to the museum and try again?

LifeNine

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I was planning to redo the chapter after I finished story mode, but that might take a while given how long it takes me to get through a boss fight.

If it still doesn't drop, I'll make another post.

LifeNine

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just an update: I restarted the chapter on Intermediate to help me get past Velvet and the hat drops from the painting now. It must have been some issue with the patch coming out while I was still in Reine.