How can TFH entice people?

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
You could probably tell by my name/icon a character that I'd love to be included, though he'd be out of place.
Animal wise, probably another mythological Ungulate, or an ancient one would be cool.
Tag mode would be interesting, but I don't think it'd fit well with the game.
I really want emotes in the lobby and am still waiting to throw snowballs at people. lol
Not sure what you mean by skins outside of recolors. Like costumes? The recolors are really varied, so I don't think it's necessary.
I suppose that was a tell, but assumed it was to represent a game you love. I mean look at my avatar, love the character, but don't think she would be the best pick for TFH.
Liiiiike?
Depending on how it's implemented, it could be hype. I mean I watched a Mugen fighting game on Maxamillian's channel where he had 4 A.I's vs 4 A.I's ALL on the screen fighting at once and Michelangelo from TMNT had some mad hype moments. Otherwise it was just a cluster of random fun.
Or to throw salt ;o
Like costumes, yeah and I agree the re-colors in this game are the best I have seen in a game so far. As for the costumes, what if they just made it so the items you wear in the Pixel Lobby carried over in the fights?

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
@Zenopo

We probably did go a bit off topic but hey, it's not like it was a bad advice at the very least in terms of why can one play TFH haha. Either way, I wish you luck again and as said for the like billionth time already, remember to have fun, and do what you can! ^^
Apologies for the delayed and "ignored" response.
This is true and hopefully newbies like myself found it useful as well.
Thanks again, easier said then done, will try!
Sorry again Dx

Any horned ungulate could work, you just have to work within their limitations, something bigger, like a moose, would look more impressive.View attachment 2251
The real reason the deer got like that:

Which just enforces why I think a 4 legged, 4 hooves animal being a grappler would be odd and not as appealing to something with "fingers" or "claws".
And sorry for the late, "ignored" response -.-

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
I suppose that was a tell, but assumed it was to represent a game you love. I mean look at my avatar, love the character, but don't think she would be the best pick for TFH.
Liiiiike?
Depending on how it's implemented, it could be hype. I mean I watched a Mugen fighting game on Maxamillian's channel where he had 4 A.I's vs 4 A.I's ALL on the screen fighting at once and Michelangelo from TMNT had some mad hype moments. Otherwise it was just a cluster of random fun.
Or to throw salt ;o
Like costumes, yeah and I agree the re-colors in this game are the best I have seen in a game so far. As for the costumes, what if they just made it so the items you wear in the Pixel Lobby carried over in the fights?
It is, but I still want him in a fighting game.
I forget the name of the extinct one I posted before. You can also check out the other thread for more stuff.
Multiple fighters at once would be even worse in this game than tag, imo. Tag is feedable but not quite in line with how the game seems to be being made, but all together is a cluster.
The better to get into the mines, my dear.
Idk about the lobby items carrying over. Some are pretty obtrusive.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
It is, but I still want him in a fighting game.
I forget the name of the extinct one I posted before. You can also check out the other thread for more stuff.
Multiple fighters at once would be even worse in this game than tag, imo. Tag is feedable but not quite in line with how the game seems to be being made, but all together is a cluster.
The better to get into the mines, my dear.
Idk about the lobby items carrying over. Some are pretty obtrusive.
One day perhaps.
Will do.
Yeah, jumped the gun there. So you wouldn't mind a Tag-System then?
Everybody wins!
It would be scaled down?

I also had a thought, what about an "Arcade" mode of sorts? (Dunno if I mentioned this before somewhere or not e.e) Like the Arcade in Overwatch where you'll have random rules going on, like in OW, 2 second CD on skills and double health. TFH could have a mode like (off the top of my head), infinite supers, supers don't chip, can only use supers and grabs.

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
JSYK, Mane 6 have said repeatedly that there won't be any costumes/items etc during fights. The game being animated in true 2D fashion would mean that every extra item would have to be manually animated frame by frame.

Arcanel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Apologies for the delayed and "ignored" response.
This is true and hopefully newbies like myself found it useful as well.
Thanks again, easier said then done, will try!
Sorry again Dx
It's alright, I know it's not the easiest of jobs but hey, not impossible. Also mind you, if there's a subject that you may not feel as sure about just keep in mind that some people and especially the devs are way more informed about fighting games than a lot of us, myself included. Might be best to respect that. No offense but, World of Warcraft had absolutely nothing to do with what Oreo mentioned about Capcom (which is a company, not a game). Capcom wasn't just responsible for the fighting game genre in actually making the original Street Fighter but also is responsible for the sequel that popularized the genre as well.

Before I get too off topic however, TFH will probably entice more on being unique on the aspects that it can be unique without having to add an extreme amount of things (the story mode for example, the four legged character style, and the fact that it has no fighting game gameplay that is comparable in more than one way to any other fighting game). Sometimes all it needs for guys who like fighting games is for it to feel smooth and excellent to play, and if you can manage that, you have a following. Even if it's not the most played game in the world, it will be played. So long as people are able to go past the artstyle (as in, those who HAVE problems with the artstyle), and want to experiment, that would be enough for the game to succeed. There's a lot of things in the game that can be done. Let's just first support Mane6 so that the game reaches it's complete state first haha.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
JSYK, Mane 6 have said repeatedly that there won't be any costumes/items etc during fights. The game being animated in true 2D fashion would mean that every extra item would have to be manually animated frame by frame.
Dern =/ oh well, not to big a deal.
And hey, copy paste question:
How would you feel about guest characters?
What "animal" would you like to see be out into the game?
Thoughts of a "Tag-Team" mode?
What about Pixel Lobby emotes? (like having your character sit, dance, laugh etc...
Skins outside of re-colors?

Not really having to do with TFH game directly, but how would you feel about TFH characters appearing in other games as guest characters? (I personally feel this would help get the word out on TFH and depending how good they are represented in said game, get people to buy TFH.)

It's alright, I know it's not the easiest of jobs but hey, not impossible. Also mind you, if there's a subject that you may not feel as sure about just keep in mind that some people and especially the devs are way more informed about fighting games than a lot of us, myself included. Might be best to respect that. No offense but, World of Warcraft had absolutely nothing to do with what Oreo mentioned about Capcom (which is a company, not a game). Capcom wasn't just responsible for the fighting game genre in actually making the original Street Fighter but also is responsible for the sequel that popularized the genre as well.

Before I get too off topic however, TFH will probably entice more on being unique on the aspects that it can be unique without having to add an extreme amount of things (the story mode for example, the four legged character style, and the fact that it has no fighting game gameplay that is comparable in more than one way to any other fighting game). Sometimes all it needs for guys who like fighting games is for it to feel smooth and excellent to play, and if you can manage that, you have a following. Even if it's not the most played game in the world, it will be played. So long as people are able to go past the artstyle (as in, those who HAVE problems with the artstyle), and want to experiment, that would be enough for the game to succeed. There's a lot of things in the game that can be done. Let's just first support Mane6 so that the game reaches it's complete state first haha.
You can say that again e.e
A subject huh, I'm not sure about the entirety of the genre xD
Which is good to know, though everyone including the Devs said they are very busy, so I doubt anybody could be freely asking them for help or advice.
I was comparing WoW to SF since Oreo said Capcom invented the genre(?) that nobody else could rival them (that's how I took it anyway o3o). WoW not being the one who invented the genre, but is regarded as the best in that genre. You can be the first to make something, doesn't mean you'll be the best :p

Mhmm, maybe, I'm just a pessimist so I'm always going to have doubt xP Which is why you see me giving my 2 cents about everything.
Okay~
Btw, copy paste question I asked:
How would you feel about guest characters?
What "animal" would you like to see be out into the game?
Thoughts of a "Tag-Team" mode?
What about Pixel Lobby emotes? (like having your character sit, dance, laugh etc...
Skins outside of re-colors?

Not really having to do with TFH game directly, but how would you feel about TFH characters appearing in other games as guest characters? (I personally feel this would help get the word out on TFH and depending how good they are represented in said game, get people to buy TFH.)

Reactions: PinkieFTW

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Yeah, jumped the gun there. So you wouldn't mind a Tag-System then?
I wouldn't mind it, no. But with a limited roster and the main focus being 1v1, I don't think it's likely to be added.
Makes sense, plus like I said before, some of the lobby items would be too big even if they did.
Even if it's not the most played game in the world, it will be played. So long as people are able to go past the artstyle (as in, those who HAVE problems with the artstyle), and want to experiment, that would be enough for the game to succeed. There's a lot of things in the game that can be done. Let's just first support Mane6 so that the game reaches it's complete state first haha.
I've seen it brought up before about the art style and I don't get it. Sure it's pretty colorful and bright, but that's not anything new to the genre. And the art style is not near enough to the old project that those not in the know about it would only have them all being 4-legged hooved animals in common to dismiss it as a "lame lawyer friendly equine game" or something.

Arcanel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I was comparing WoW to SF since Oreo said Capcom invented the genre(?) that nobody else could rival them (that's how I took it anyway o3o). WoW not being the one who invented the genre, but is regarded as the best in that genre. You can be the first to make something, doesn't mean you'll be the best
What Oreo meant by this is that, it doesn't matter if for whatever reason their fighting games aren't doing the best, whether in an economical manner, or in an actual gameplay manner (or both). When you have, a) A GIGANTIC say in the entire genre as not only you created and popularized it but also hold two of the most important game franchises in said genre, b) Hold one of the most important franchises of videogames out there period considering that Street Fighter has been out there for around 3 decades now and c) Are responsible in large regard to having some of the most prized games out there the fighting game tournament and also fighting game community, it doesn't really matter if the games aren't doing so hot right now. They're still important. They still have a say, and they still will create an impact on the community.

TFH's ideal (in my opinion), way to go isn't so much to try and compete with some of the big names out there because you know, that's really hard to do. Indie games on their own have to make people go "You know what, I want to play this, this looks and feels nice." And spread that out as much as physically possible. Skullgirls did it, but no one is gonna start saying that people would cry as hard for SG as they would for say, Street Fighter, because a LOT of people care more for SF than SG. Of course DBFZ will be more important. That's to be expected. TFH's goal is to appeal to as many people as possible and respect it not only a fighting game but as a game on its own, and get enough people to want to buy it. That's the best for Mane6 as a company, at least.

As for the rest uhhh... well guest characters both one way or the other are cool in terms of the game being acknowledge to have popularity enough to warrant them/allow them to have them. I think there's a thread for other animals and well, tag-team sounds great but you know, 1v1 fighter. Don't need to put more modes than there need to be and COMPLETELY change the way the game has to be thought of with one extra mode.

I've seen it brought up before about the art style and I don't get it. Sure it's pretty colorful and bright, but that's not anything new to the genre. And the art style is not near enough to the old project that those not in the know about it would only have them all being 4-legged hooved animals in common to dismiss it as a "lame lawyer friendly equine game" or something.
Well... it's not necessarily just a matter of being related to the old game. That's one part of it, but it's not the only side of it. Some people just don't like the artstyle because they might think it's too childish or too "pretty" or whatever else I can think that's silly to say towards the artstyle of the game. There are people who don't play games purely because of the style alone and depending on what your game is, there is an artstyle that might be preferred over others and if you're not a big franchise already, hard to pull more people in with an artstyle that won't immediately attract people straight out of the gate. Much like how people don't like Netherrrealm games (Mortal Kombat, Injustice) for being too realistic, or don't like games like Guilty Gear and Blazblue for being too "anime", this game will get similar kind of complaints against it, and that's to be expected, unfortunately. It just has the extra layer of being related to LFE at the same time, but like it goes for many other games, if the game pulls you in, the artstyle may end up being more because it complements what it offers rather than being disliked altogether. And I think TFH can do that.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
What Oreo meant by this is that, it doesn't matter if for whatever reason their fighting games aren't doing the best, whether in an economical manner, or in an actual gameplay manner (or both). When you have, a) A GIGANTIC say in the entire genre as not only you created and popularized it but also hold two of the most important game franchises in said genre, b) Hold one of the most important franchises of videogames out there period considering that Street Fighter has been out there for around 3 decades now and c) Are responsible in large regard to having some of the most prized games out there the fighting game tournament and also fighting game community, it doesn't really matter if the games aren't doing so hot right now. They're still important. They still have a say, and they still will create an impact on the community.
Actually, what I meant was that the statement "replace what I said about SFV with whatever game Capcom made at the time" implies that Capcom has been consistently making bad fighting games; enough that you could just choose any random game out of their backlog and it would be "bad enough" to justify the statement. Basically, Cam shut down Zenopo's statement by explaining the timeline of events, and Zenopo's reaction was to backpedal and double down. But Capcom has not only consistently remained the kings of the genre, but they basically invented the modern fighting game; and all games since then, made by any developer who has made a fighting game, could be viewed as a derivative of Street Fighter II.

So not only was the statement in reply to Cam demonstrably wrong, but since it was intentionally broad to try to cover for a lack of pre-existing knowledge without admitting it, if we were to go all the way back in Capcom's timeline (which the comment implied was a possibility), it would have been pretty much as incorrect as possible. The statement "as far as I'm aware, they haven't been doing too great with fighting games" has never been true, and the further into the past you try to reach to find evidence, the less true it becomes. That was my point.

Arcanel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Actually, what I meant was that the statement "replace what I said about SFV with whatever game Capcom made at the time" implies that Capcom has been consistently making bad fighting games; enough that you could just choose any random game out of their backlog and it would be "bad enough" to justify the statement. Basically, Cam shut down Zenopo's statement by explaining the timeline of events, and Zenopo's reaction was to backpedal and double down. But Capcom has not only consistently remained the kings of the genre, but they basically invented the modern fighting game; and all games since then, made by any developer who has made a fighting game, could be viewed as a derivative of Street Fighter II.
Oh alright then, my bad Oreo, sorry. Carry on in that case.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Oh alright then, my bad Oreo, sorry. Carry on in that case.
Replying to this comment since Oreo came into the fray, but will touch on the previous comment, starting with the second paragraph.
I wouldn't doubt if that's the way they are going, however whenever a game is made, regardless of genre, it's always in a competition :p I would say timing is key to avoid hard competition though, just like how poor timing killed, Battleborn, Lawbreakers and to an extent, Titanfall 2.

Which game would you like to see a TFH cameo in and which game would you like to see cameo in TFH?
I believe there is as well, I'll drop that question.
This is true, but doesn't hurt asking, especially since you said you liked it :eek:
And besides, I'm asking questions as a casual to fighting games, heck, if there's something below casual, I'm that, so my questions will be random, might not make sense and could probably be answered if I knew a thing or two about the fighting game genre as a whole.
And for that, I thank everyone who's indulged my questions so far and keeps doing so ^-^~

I wouldn't mind it, no. But with a limited roster and the main focus being 1v1, I don't think it's likely to be added.

Makes sense, plus like I said before, some of the lobby items would be too big even if they did.

I know, it's just good for Devs to know what people would want, not want, or wouldn't mind.

So not only was the statement in reply to Cam demonstrably wrong, but since it was intentionally broad to try to cover for a lack of pre-existing knowledge without admitting it, if we were to go all the way back in Capcom's timeline (which the comment implied was a possibility), it would have been pretty much as incorrect as possible. The statement "as far as I'm aware, they haven't been doing too great with fighting games" has never been true, and the further into the past you try to reach to find evidence, the less true it becomes. That was my point.
How it feels when Oreo looks to much into what you said:

I will gladly admit I have next to no knowledge on any subject pertaining to fighting games o_O
But hasn't the more recent Capcom games gotten a bunch of flak for one reason or another (making casuals like myself, assume they have been doing a poor job)? SFV for a bare-bone launch, certain characters being behind DLC, making an Aracde version after saying they wouldn't be making any other versions like they've done before and being much easier than SF4 (I personally don't mind it being easier since, you know, I'm terribad at fighting games), MvC:I for it's graphics, favoritism for Marvel while giving no love for Capcom, and not only small roster (With no X-men), good/interesting characters being behind DLC (like Sigma), awful choices for those in the roster, and again, being much easier than the previous title? Then there was Street Fighter X Tekken, which I know it's much older then the two I mentioned, but it's still something I remember a lot of people having quarrel with.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
How it feels when Oreo looks to much into what you said:
He's not looking into it too much when you continually try to argue your own point that has been disproved repeatedly.

I will gladly admit I have next to no knowledge on any subject pertaining to fighting games o_O
But hasn't the more recent Capcom games gotten a bunch of flak for one reason or another [...]
Right so, here's the problem you're missing, and I'm going to try and put it into a simple to explain way here.

The current president of the United States, Donald Trump, has always been a massive problem for a lot of reasons, but the mass consumer has not really seen it. As soon as he is in this position of power, however, everything he does comes under scrutiny at a much faster and complete rate. The exact same thing happens with Capcom. They are the biggest and first, and thus, are expected to be the best. As soon as anything goes wrong, there will be lots of uproar about it just because they expect better from them. Capcom nearly went bankrupt a few years back, so a lot of stuff has been going on since then that could easily be seen to influence some of their worse decisions, but that doesn't mean that they are always making decisions that are bad.

No matter what, there's going to be people complaining about some aspect of a Capcom game, and there will always be someone defending them. That's why we have the terms 09ers and 16ers. Those are the people who started playing fighting games in those years because of Capcom games (specifically SF4 and SFV) and played nothing but Capcom games. Each side of the argument thinks they are the proper answer, and what really needs to be seen is that Capcom just... isn't what they were. They need to be held to less of a standard, and allow for other developers and teams to come in. Dragon Ball Fighterz is going to do a lot for that as the casual crowd will see that Capcom isn't the only way to go, and it will actually allow for newer developers and teams to shine.

The more fighting games come out, the more options there are for people, and the more likely it is for people to try a new game when on disappoints them. This, while making release difficult for TFH, will help it in essence. Yes, other games are going to overshadow TFH. Capcom, ArcSys, Bandai Namco, Netherrealm, all these names are bigger than us.

What do we need to do to entice people? Make a good game that people will enjoy and put our best people onto it in order to ensure that it is a quality game that stands up to the David vs Goliath situation we're in.

Last edited:

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Sorry, very off-topic here but can you send me a link? I never even heard any news that they even filed for bankruptcy. If they went bankrupt I would assume they did something like administration (commonly known as chapter 11 in USA) since they are still in operation.
My wording was off because I wrote this just after I got up. I meant to say they were very near to bankruptcy recently, that's my bad. Editing.

Reactions: Salty Beef

TheGoldenW

Lens Flare Thinking Emoji Specialist
Banished to the Hold
Aug 5, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
He's not looking into it too much when you continually try to argue your own point that has been disproved repeatedly.

Right so, here's the problem you're missing, and I'm going to try and put it into a simple to explain way here.

The current president of the United States, Donald Trump, has always been a massive problem for a lot of reasons, but the mass consumer has not really seen it. As soon as he is in this position of power, however, everything he does comes under scrutiny at a much faster and complete rate. The exact same thing happens with Capcom. They are the biggest and first, and thus, are expected to be the best. As soon as anything goes wrong, there will be lots of uproar about it just because they expect better from them. Capcom nearly went bankrupt a few years back, so a lot of stuff has been going on since then that could easily be seen to influence some of their worse decisions, but that doesn't mean that they are always making decisions that are bad.

No matter what, there's going to be people complaining about some aspect of a Capcom game, and there will always be someone defending them. That's why we have the terms 09ers and 16ers. Those are the people who started playing fighting games in those years because of Capcom games (specifically SF4 and SFV) and played nothing but Capcom games. Each side of the argument thinks they are the proper answer, and what really needs to be seen is that Capcom just... isn't what they were. They need to be held to less of a standard, and allow for other developers and teams to come in. Dragon Ball Fighterz is going to do a lot for that as the casual crowd will see that Capcom isn't the only way to go, and it will actually allow for newer developers and teams to shine.

The more fighting games come out, the more options there are for people, and the more likely it is for people to try a new game when on disappoints them. This, while making release difficult for TFH, will help it in essence. Yes, other games are going to overshadow TFH. Capcom, ArcSys, Bandai Namco, Netherrealm, all these names are bigger than us.

What do we need to do to entice people? Make a good game that people will enjoy and put our best people onto it in order to ensure that it is a quality game that stands up to the David vs Goliath situation we're in.
This makes me smile:olliesmile: I don't know why...

Arcanel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Which game would you like to see a TFH cameo in and which game would you like to see cameo in TFH?
See, the problem with this isn't so much TFH being cameoed in a game but... the reverse. There's only one character I can think right now that is quadruped and well known in the realm of fighting games, and that's Amaterasu (and that's gonna be real hard lol). The other way around though? Again might be a little hard, but I guess something like a cameo in an anime game like GG or BB or the MvC series would be pretty cool. Those are I think the most likely but you know, I could weeeell be off in this.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
See, the problem with this isn't so much TFH being cameoed in a game but... the reverse. There's only one character I can think right now that is quadruped and well known in the realm of fighting games, and that's Amaterasu (and that's gonna be real hard lol). The other way around though? Again might be a little hard, but I guess something like a cameo in an anime game like GG or BB or the MvC series would be pretty cool. Those are I think the most likely but you know, I could weeeell be off in this.
Amaterasu would be sweet, but very unlikely. If there's ever a huge indie fighting game crossover thing, hopefully. Would also love to see Issac from the binding of Isaac in said game, but that's another topic.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Temmie and Annoying Dog from Undertale. Orcane and Etalus from Rivals of Aether. Nibbs and Gnaw(sorta) from Awesomenauts o3o.
That would be pretty hype to see TFH in either of those games :O!
This makes me smile:olliesmile: I don't know why...
(Don't know why when I hit "reply" it sends it to the top e.e)
Because you know everytime a Dev responds to me now, this is happening o3o:

I never claimed to be right Dx! Real talk, cards on the table, it was never my intention of arguing/debating/talking-to anyone into being wrong or me being right. I just have lots of questions because I have very little knowledge on the subject of question, so I will want to know as much as possible and question answers given to me, including responding with the not-at-all-correct information I have. Like I'm still in shock that Street Fighter is a harder game than Mortal Kombat.

Please do e.e

If I'm following this correctly, which with how things have been going, I'm not going to hold my breath; Capcom gets flak for the littlest of things, because they are held to a higher standard than everyone else due to their stature?
Just want to say that I don't think Capcom always makes bad decisions, otherwise I wouldn't be getting Monster Hunter World and would think Resident Evil 7 Biohazard was a bad game.

Now I personally feel that people do see Capcom as a shell of their former selves (or not what they once were). This is how I have always viewed Capcom, as someone who has not been into fighting games and judging Capcom as a whole. So when Capcom makes a decision like making multiple versions of the same game, like Street Fighter 4, Super, Arcade, Ultra, I see them as just being flat out greedy and wonder how people would support this practice. This goes for anyone else who would do the same, not just Capcom.

Now I don't fully understand when you say that we should hold Capcom to a less of a standard for other devs and teams to come in. Like, so there can be more fighting games being made? I know Capcom is the biggest name in the fighting game scene, but what about the other big-wigs like Netherrealm or Arc System Works? Wouldn't people just flock to them?
Also fuzzy on how DBZ:F will allow newer devs and teams to shine, I mean, hasn't Arc Systems Works been a big name in the fighting game scene, specifically the "anime fighter"?

Which is good, but bad(?). Since fighting games are already niche, having loads of options would mean a lot will be left out, right? Unlike shooters who everyone and their mothers play, so you can make hundreds of shooters and practically always be fine finding matches with different people of different skill levels.

Basic, straight-forward, to the point answer (not to be taken as offensive!) and from a Dev. Alrighty then, I am eager to see how the finish product stands up to the competition.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
If I'm following this correctly, which with how things have been going, I'm not going to hold my breath; Capcom gets flak for the littlest of things, because they are held to a higher standard than everyone else due to their stature?
Correct. More eyes on them means they are held to a higher standard and have more expected of them, as well as the fact that they created some of the most iconic games in the genre.

Now I personally feel that people do see Capcom as a shell of their former selves (or not what they once were). This is how I have always viewed Capcom, as someone who has not been into fighting games and judging Capcom as a whole. So when Capcom makes a decision like making multiple versions of the same game, like Street Fighter 4, Super, Arcade, Ultra, I see them as just being flat out greedy and wonder how people would support this practice. This goes for anyone else who would do the same, not just Capcom.
Compared to a lot of other companies, Capcom's game additions for stuff like SF4 have been minimal. Imagine buying a new Street Fighter every single year as you would a Call of Duty.

Now I don't fully understand when you say that we should hold Capcom to a less of a standard for other devs and teams to come in. Like, so there can be more fighting games being made? I know Capcom is the biggest name in the fighting game scene, but what about the other big-wigs like Netherrealm or Arc System Works? Wouldn't people just flock to them?
Also fuzzy on how DBZ:F will allow newer devs and teams to shine, I mean, hasn't Arc Systems Works been a big name in the fighting game scene, specifically the "anime fighter"?
It's less that more games can be made, and more that other games can shine. Yeah, ArcSys is big in anime fighters, but you yourself said you didn't even look into them because of how difficult they seemed. That already means it's a niche market that doesn't get the same attention as a Capcom fighter would.

Which is good, but bad(?). Since fighting games are already niche, having loads of options would mean a lot will be left out, right? Unlike shooters who everyone and their mothers play, so you can make hundreds of shooters and practically always be fine finding matches with different people of different skill levels.
Having loads of options is good and bad at the same time. In one situation like you said you can't play everything, but on the other hand, you need to see that some games never even get a chance to show their strengths and gain their playerbases because other games and communities overshadowed them and never let them do their thing. In the past a lot of Capcom fans would complain about any other games being on stream at a tournament, and even Smash players tend to do that. There was even incident recently in the actual audience of Smash players complaining because the game before Smash was taking too long.

The thing with more fighting games is that you need to respect other fighting games. They have dedicated communities too, and some people just want to yell because there's no Capcom game on screen, and then complain when the Capcom game is there because it isn't as good as whatever Capcom game they started with.

The FGC is fickle. They need options, but hate options. Life is difficult.

Reactions: PinkieFTW

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Correct. More eyes on them means they are held to a higher standard and have more expected of them, as well as the fact that they created some of the most iconic games in the genre.

Compared to a lot of other companies, Capcom's game additions for stuff like SF4 have been minimal. Imagine buying a new Street Fighter every single year as you would a Call of Duty.

It's less that more games can be made, and more that other games can shine. Yeah, ArcSys is big in anime fighters, but you yourself said you didn't even look into them because of how difficult they seemed. That already means it's a niche market that doesn't get the same attention as a Capcom fighter would.

Having loads of options is good and bad at the same time. In one situation like you said you can't play everything, but on the other hand, you need to see that some games never even get a chance to show their strengths and gain their playerbases because other games and communities overshadowed them and never let them do their thing. In the past a lot of Capcom fans would complain about any other games being on stream at a tournament, and even Smash players tend to do that. There was even incident recently in the actual audience of Smash players complaining because the game before Smash was taking too long.

The thing with more fighting games is that you need to respect other fighting games. They have dedicated communities too, and some people just want to yell because there's no Capcom game on screen, and then complain when the Capcom game is there because it isn't as good as whatever Capcom game they started with.

The FGC is fickle. They need options, but hate options. Life is difficult.
I dunno how to break up other's comment like how you've been doing it, so please continue to bare with how I respond.

Awesome, +1 for me =D

I don't follow completely through. Isn't buying each addition to (in this case) SF4 virtually the same as buying CoD every year (at least until they stopped and moved to SFV with now an Arcade version being a thing)?
Unless you pay less for each addition if you have the previous version? <- If that's the case, why not just make each addition for their game free, since the content for each version is minimal? Or have a single Season-Pass that gets you everything they release after launch?

Okay, but I personally don't attribute me not being into anime fighters because Capcom. It's because they look to hard, even if you take away Capcom fighting games, I would still look towards Netherrealms or Bandai Namco over Arc Systems.

Aye, sounds like a gamble either way you split it though.
Are their still communities like that? Cause hey, there's at least one good thing about being a newb to a genre, you can enjoy what each game has to offer without being bitter towards another.

Lot of Capcom vs. Capcom in the FGC? Cause I would imagine it would be SF vs. MK vs. Guilty Gear etc...but still understand about respecting each community, even if it's a community within a community. I mean Battleborn didn't really respect Overwatch when releasing and, well...yall don't even know what BB is, do ya xD?

I am encouraged to believe that, if only because on a forum in GameSpot(?) there was a person asking about an easy fighter to get into, since he wanted to get into the genre, but not dive in head-first. First comment he got was a guy raging about how newer fighters are being ruined because they are made easier for noobs like him to get into. Despite the FGC needing players, the person who commented, was trying to turn new players away.
Life is difficult, but hey, people enjoy a good challenge.