Recent content by UnintelGen

1. UnintelGen

NDA Lift deadline

2. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

OK, I should've clairifed that the sketchfab upload was subdivided once for smoothness. The real polycount (triangles) is a much more reasonable 14k-ish count. The vast majority of them quads and (mostly) clean loops. As for the eyes and mouth, I do intend to both rig the eyes and build a...
  3. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

The model is now content complete... Barring the interiors of the mouth and possibly some extra loops for the ear. You can also check out the finished model on Sketchfab, here! Through the whole thing I probably remade the ears 4 or so times, but I finally get what I wanted... For the most part.
  4. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Another look, and everything's retopo'd except the ears obviously.
  5. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Long time, no... Wait. It hasn't been THAT long, has it? Well, never the mind! I come bearing a teaser! Hazzah! ... For reals, though, I've been unable to work again until just 3-4 days ago and things have just really picked up steam. Bear in mind that the colorings are only object colors...
  6. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Man, you have opened my eyes! I don't follow it as much as I should, but feebdack is ALWAYS welcome and this was a great observation with clear help and directions. It is something I missed, and I will be looking into it. My only issue is not "rocking the boat" in regards to the rest of the face...
  7. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

It is indeed! I love it, the simplistic shading and silhouette and animation and, well, just about everything! ---------------------------------------- Oh, so, anyway, ... Long time no update. If I was working on this for the past two months, Arizona would've been done by now. But I haven't...
  8. UnintelGen

Sketches & Doodles: for those of us who can't draw

Arizona practice! 5.5x8.5 pad + pencils (est. Dunno, ha hrs) Was gonna try shading it... but I figured I need more practice in just getting contours and even line thickness (Still got a ways to go) and of course the small amount of space means things got more cramped than I wanted them too...
  9. UnintelGen

Yeah, I'm sure most here (especially if they don't draw that much/or for a living) would not have a scanner and what not. I'm just honestly surprised that my crappy phone, a convenient desk lamp, and some touch ups in post make it look as faithful to what I've seen from my previously scanned...
  10. UnintelGen

I haven't drawn much with non-digital tools (Hell, I don't draw much digitally) in a long time but I'm looking to rectify that. 5.5x8.5 pad + pencils (est. 1:30 to 2:00 hrs) ...This... was (basically) my first time with pencils that weren't 2B or HB. First time using a blending stump as well...
  11. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

In all honesty, it's actually a pretty simple and rudimentary setup. See, I don't like working with particle systems and don't have much experience with them. And Sketchfab, the initial target platform, doesn't support particles. So I am relying on geometry/texturing for faking fur rendering...
  12. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Thanks. The 'coloring' that I'm planning should be pretty sweet- And functional, too. I'm going to use masks and layers to allow for the same alt skinning that Mane 6 does with their flash models. Mines a bit easier to implement, though. As to your question... It's a tricky thing. See, there...
  13. UnintelGen

After Mighty no. 9, should we be worried?

I feel the important thing, above all else, is to distance yourself from the project. Remember that you are backing failable people who are, assumingly, acting in good faith and trying to deliver what they have promised. And, that things can and do happen. And if the game gets pulled back, it...
  14. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Funny you say that... I have a pretty neat idea to tackle cheap (realtime) fur towards the end of the project. It's not much, and is probably more 'expensive' than I imagine, but for the Sketchfab release it should look fantastic. (If I get it working like I think I can) Still, it'll mostly...
  15. UnintelGen

3D Design/Animation

Eh... Heh. I was afraid someone would say something like that. :oops: Really, I don't mean to discourage anybody and have loved pretty much everything in the thread so far, especially your FHTNG book so far, Klint! And CrazyBark's Oleander is looking fantastic- I really like how the ears...