Recent content by MSTieScott

1. MSTieScott

Storymode Thoughts (SPOILERS)

My experience was to accept that you're going to lose some ground every time you dodge/block the ice. But anytime she's not attacking, keep holding that stick/D-pad forward once you start dashing, and you should be able to reach her after about three of her attacks. That's what worked for me --...
  2. MSTieScott

Storymode Thoughts (SPOILERS)

Spoilers are okay in this thread? Excellent. I spent a good number of hours today playing through Chapter 1 in intermediate mode. The description of which players intermediate mode is for most accurately described me, and I think it presented the right balance of a...
  3. MSTieScott

List of Livestream Lore/Gameplay Bits

Ew. (performs Google search) Oh.
  4. MSTieScott

About the Announcer

I also am a little bewildered by the announcer. It makes me wonder whether story mode will offer some clarification as to why she sounds somewhat amused and awed by the entire situation. Otherwise, yeah, her tone doesn't feel quite right.
  5. MSTieScott

The Stomping Grounds (SoCal bi-weekly)

I can't do this regularly, but I'll show up to celebrate the first get-together. I'll be the one who loses all his fights.
  6. MSTieScott

A couple of questions about character voice settings

1. What is the significance of the number in the "Voice Cooldown" setting? I know that the higher the number, the less frequently the fighters will randomly say something, but because the number goes past 100, all I've been able to figure out is that it isn't a percentage. Approximately what...
  7. MSTieScott

Feb 22 - Still release // Unexpected change of plans

I can only speak for myself, but the two things that convinced me to join the crowdfund were the story mode and the dynamic music system. I'm a patient guy, so I'd rather wait for a story mode that's been completed to the devs' satisfaction than a half-formed, disappointing story mode (hey, I've...
  8. MSTieScott

Toughest character and most fun character for you to fight against

Paprika is usually the only character I can trounce in one try (on Normal). I'm glad there's an "easy" character in the game... I just wish it wasn't the one who has my favorite stage music. My least favorite character to fight is the panther because I keep forgetting to block that swirling...
  9. MSTieScott

TFH In The Media

Yeah, what is up with that? When I was a kid, my favorite character in Street Fighter II was the crazy green electricity monster. The human characters were boring. But Blanka was fun.
  10. MSTieScott

Sketches & Doodles: for those of us who can't draw

Saw a poster advertising the film Ferdinand. I felt that the tagline they used was more fitting of a camelid than a bovine.
  11. MSTieScott

Current Beta Status, and upcoming updates

Well, I'll go ahead and talk about what's been posted in the backers' forum. And I have to say, the way they painted that private jet to look like Tianhuo in preparation for their escape to a private island with the rest of the crowdfunding money is really impressive. In all seriousness, I'm...
  12. MSTieScott

How can TFH entice people?

In my opinion, the best way for Mane6 to entice people will be to employ the same strategy that they used for the crowdfunding campaign: Point out the uniqueness of all of the characters in this fighting game being four-legged and emphasize that a successful animation producer contributed to the...
  13. MSTieScott

Popular YouTubers Playing?

It's an interesting problem... if somebody does review the game, they're inevitably going to touch on the history that led to its creation, as that's an interesting story. I think the best path to take when the game releases is for Mane6 to emphasize that Them's Fightin' Herds is its own...
  14. MSTieScott

On Pre-NDA lift Patches

I'd assume not, since it hasn't been uploaded yet. Does the NDA prevent me from discussing misinformation about features that aren't included in the game? For example, Oleander's move that causes her opponent to grow an extra foreleg, making dashes impossible, currently doesn't work on Arizona...
  15. MSTieScott

NDA Lift deadline

Wait... I thought that was the ultimate goal of this project. I'm looking forward to the cardboard removal. Although I have to admit, the temp image for Paprika's dash makes me smile every time.