Killer instinct

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
Well since this forum is about a fighting game, I imagine that a lot of people probably already play fighting games.

If so, does anyone play Killer Instinct atm? (Or in the future when it releases on PC).

If so, add my GT which is: Dragon1711

Looking forward to have some friendly matches with fellow future TFH peeps!

Reactions: Flutter KI

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My tag is O Timid Ferovore Hoers X. Ill add you right now. That also goes for whoever else wants to play :)

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sweet! Just hit me up anytime I'm on and I'll do the same if you're free~
ill be free tomorrow night some time, ill just send an invite to let you kno. I'm a spinal main so mentally prepare for that lol

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sweet! Just hit me up anytime I'm on and I'll do the same if you're free~
Fluttershyx I figured I would see you here. I see you alot on KI streams chat. :)
Edit: On Xbox one I go by TheMunin feel free to add me!

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fluttershyx I figured I would see you here. I see you alot on KI streams chat. :)
Edit: On Xbox one I go by TheMunin feel free to add me!
lol im all over the place ;) yea man no problem, ill add you when I get home in a few hours.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I'm just waiting for Divekick characters. I think Stream, Markman or Baz would be perfect for this game and I would squeel like a little girl if I could main my main from Divekick in KI!

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just added the rest of you that dropped your tags and had my first set with pat. Fun stuff. Can't wait to play the rest of you guys.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
This game had everything going against it. Exclusive to a console with bad publicity, developer with a kinda bad reputation, revival of an old franchise (those don't always turn out well), shoestring budget... Yet somehow managed to survive and stay strong for the last years. it's also one of the most entertaining games to watch for me and I can't wait to give it a try once the PC version release.

I just need to stop being lazy and update my OS...

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
Yup yup Flutter KI and I had very good games. Glad to see some bronies have skill within' fighting games, it's a Rarara from what I've experienced.

Gives me hope for the competitive future of TFH

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to try to get some games in next week. It's been a while since I've had a chance to play.

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sorry for the double post but I just found out that there is apparently two Fluttershyx who play KI lmao. There was a KI forum battle yesterday hosted by a Mr. xFluttershy but he claims hes not you lmao.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sorry for the double post but I just found out that there is apparently two Fluttershyx who play KI lmao. There was a KI forum battle yesterday hosted by a Mr. xFluttershy but he claims hes not you lmao.
lol yea theirs 2 of us. I was the original Timid Ferovore Hoers though ;)

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've been waiting for it to drop on PC before I dive into KI, as I don't have an XBOne, and I'm not keen on using my brother's.
Seems like it's a ton of fun, though, and the online play looks absolutely on point.

Adwins

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Does anyone know if the PC version will be free?

Yes I know Win 10 will be free, and yes, i'd understand if DLC chars are not, but i'm asking about the base game. can't find the info anywhere and lierally the only thing i've seen people say is that Win10 is free

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Does anyone know if the PC version will be free?

Yes I know Win 10 will be free, and yes, i'd understand if DLC chars are not, but i'm asking about the base game. can't find the info anywhere and lierally the only thing i've seen people say is that Win10 is free
Game is free to play. All the modes and all that nonsense are free however you are only given one rotating character a week if you want to play for free. Each character individually is around 5 bucks and if you want all the characters including the upcoming season 3 its 60 bucks. There is extra shit you can buy like costumes but its all cosmetic.

Adwins

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
wait you mean like

I only get to play one character each week? not even the S1 characters like Jago, Glacius, etc?

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
wait you mean like

I only get to play one character each week? not even the S1 characters like Jago, Glacius, etc?
If you play totally free yeah. They have one rotating free character which is either weekly or bi weekly. Similar to a lot of moba models.

gatorafan

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
nightarks.enjin.com
Well time to dust off this ol thread, following the announcement of season 3 we got two trailers revealing some of the characters who'll be in it.

Kim Wu

Arbiter (guest character)

Plus a tease for Tusk in thge Arbiter trailer.

Then we got a look at the new lightning on the game + some modifications here and there on the stages.

We also found out there will only be 3 new stages on Season 3. Ouch!

And that's as far as past announcements go. But we have more coming in!

Today, we'll have an Arbiter livestream at 4PM CST! (5 PM EST)

KI's Twitch Channel

Also, we got a confirmation date for S3's launch!

March 29!

As well as other details:

* Arbiter's Ultra
* Arbiter's Stage Ultra
* Kim Wu's Ultra
* Tusk's intro (he looks kinda funky with his eyes closed when the camera closes up on him, oh well, details)
* Rash's Ultra
* S3 to release with these 4 characters + whatever else they have in store
* 4 more characters to be added later, making a total of 8 this season (this is less than S2 and 1 BTW if you count original Shago as a character)
* PC specs (stated on the post linked above)
* PC support for Xbone fightsticks to be added later, you'll have to do with 360 ones for the time being . -.
* No prizing details yet (but I'm, sure they'll announce this sooner rather than later)

That's it for now! Hope to see you at the Arbiter's stream! o/

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well time to dust off this ol thread, following the announcement of season 3 we got two trailers revealing some of the characters who'll be in it.

Kim Wu

Arbiter (guest character)

Plus a tease for Tusk in thge Arbiter trailer.

Then we got a look at the new lightning on the game + some modifications here and there on the stages.

We also found out there will only be 3 new stages on Season 3. Ouch!

And that's as far as past announcements go. But we have more coming in!

Today, we'll have an Arbiter livestream at 4PM CST! (5 PM EST)

KI's Twitch Channel

Also, we got a confirmation date for S3's launch!

March 29!

As well as other details:

* Arbiter's Ultra
* Arbiter's Stage Ultra
* Kim Wu's Ultra
* Tusk's intro (he looks kinda funky with his eyes closed when the camera closes up on him, oh well, details)
* Rash's Ultra
* S3 to release with these 4 characters + whatever else they have in store
* 4 more characters to be added later, making a total of 8 this season (this is less than S2 and 1 BTW if you count original Shago as a character)
* PC specs (stated on the post linked above)
* PC support for Xbone fightsticks to be added later, you'll have to do with 360 ones for the time being . -.
* No prizing details yet (but I'm, sure they'll announce this sooner rather than later)

That's it for now! Hope to see you at the Arbiter's stream! o/
I've been trying to catch up on vids and the like all this morning. This game and the teams developing it continue to blow me away. Man I love this game.

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
The Arbiter is really going to be a nice add. Considering that KI is an Xbox exclusive and that a lot of peeps got the Xbox for Halo proves to mean that he'll be a popular character and a great motivator for a lot of people to buy Season 3. (I know I'm excited!)

gatorafan

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
nightarks.enjin.com
Since the embargo got lifted we got to see some vids from vidya sites, Gamespot uploaded some but they aren't really good, IGN's are okay tho:

Tusk is a freaking beast, but there must be something to balance that damage output.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Since the embargo got lifted we got to see some vids from vidya sites, Gamespot uploaded some but they aren't really good, IGN's are okay tho:
-clip-
-clip-
-clip-
Tusk is a freaking beast, but there must be something to balance that damage output.
Tusk looks really cool and interesting, but his animations seem unpolished/unfinished. I wonder if his sword heating up has any effects attached to it (more damage, more hitstun, etc.)...

gatorafan

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
nightarks.enjin.com
Tusk looks really cool and interesting, but his animations seem unpolished/unfinished. I wonder if his sword heating up has any effects attached to it (more damage, more hitstun, etc.)...
Unfortunately, no, IG has stated that the sword heating is just for eye candy. It makes me think that it did have some effect at some point in development (like his glowing tattoos) but it was scrapped later on because the dude already hits like a freaking truck as it is.

With that said. Moar media!

Arbiter's Livestream

Tusk's Livestream

Maximilian's Tusk's Trailer:

I think they also announced a special stream for tomorrow but I can't find any source for that right now, will edit the post if I find anything. o/

EDIT: AHHHH forgot, stream going on right now over here.

Last edited:

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
This game is slowly teaching me just how spammy this game is.

Every game is always "This move is great, so I'm going to use it every single change I get." or "This combo is hard to react to, so I'm going to use it EVERY CHANCE I GET" or "This character has annoying properties, so I'm going to abuse those EVERY SINGLE :bark::bark::bark::bark:ING CHANCE I GET!"

There's definitely some merit here, but none of the fights feel dynamic anymore. It's all very one note.

The most annoying aspect is that, since there's no air blocking, there's no real way to deal with being knocked down, since once you get back up you HAVE to block and you HAVE to block correctly on the ground, several times in a row. So the entire fight is just Get Knocked Down -> Avoid air attack -> avoid ground attack -> Knock them down -> etc. It's starting to grate on me.

Oh and don't even get me started on Shadow Jago. What bullshit is it that you have a character who is REALLY GOOD, but only SOME people can use him. I didn't grab KI until recently, so now I just can't play as Shadow Jago. AND GUESS JUST HOW OFTEN HE SHOWS UP ON KILLER RANK! JUST GUESS! (it's a lot)

This game needs an overhaul and it needs one quick if it expects me to pay MORE money to catch up on new characters.