Toontown?

SpiralKipz

Harbinger of Goatastrophy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Anybody else here play Toontown? It's simple, yet fun. Plus, now that it's fully fan owned it's free.

Midnight_Blitz

The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
I played the Disney Toontown as well as Rewritten, the former since way back near the beginning of it. No Sellbot HQ or anything. It was a family activity of sorts back then.... RIP that.

Rewritten, however, I think I'm still AT Sellbot HQ due to time issues. I've played the game off and on with family and friends, but both have stopped playing the game, making me lose motive to do so as well. Oh, well. It's an amazing game despite the original target audience.

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I played the Disney Toontown as well as Rewritten, the former since way back near the beginning of it. No Sellbot HQ or anything. It was a family activity of sorts back then.... RIP that.

Rewritten, however, I think I'm still AT Sellbot HQ due to time issues. I've played the game off and on with family and friends, but both have stopped playing the game, making me lose motive to do so as well. Oh, well. It's an amazing game despite the original target audience.
If you'd like, I can find you in-game and be a friend to do things with.

I didn't even know toontown was still a thing what a legend
Yep, it fought on strong despite Disney shutting it down for lack of profits.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I thought the servers for this game shut down a while back? Anyways, I never played it, but I still remember this commercials for it that used to be on TV all the time. The costumes for the villains looked creepy :eek:

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I thought the servers for this game shut down a while back? Anyways, I never played it, but I still remember this commercials for it that used to be on TV all the time. The costumes for the villains looked creepy :eek:
Heh, they're supposed to be a little creepy. They ARE business robots, after all. And yeah, the official servers went down, but fans brought the game back.

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Same, I totally forgot Toontown was still even a thing let alone having its own community.
Admittedly, it can be hard when you stumble across the little kids who THINK they know everything and are "geniuses" that are actually hiding within their own cowardice. There are still cool people to meet though.

Midnight_Blitz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
If you'd like, I can find you in-game and be a friend to do things with.
That actually sounds like a fun idea, and I think I'll take you up on that. It's honestly more fun to do this sort of stuff with people instead of solo (and almost impossible solo later on) in my opinion.

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
That actually sounds like a fun idea, and I think I'll take you up on that. It's honestly more fun to do this sort of stuff with people instead of solo (and almost impossible solo later on) in my opinion.
Sounds good! I posted on your profile on this asking for details.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I remember Toontown. I played it back in 2nd or 3rd grade, when it had a subscription fee. It was on an oh so terrible computer that I'm sure had around 500 MB RAM.

Ah, the glory days of not knowing what the hell I was doing at 10 or less frames per second.

I should get back to it just for the lols.

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I remember Toontown. I played it back in 2nd or 3rd grade, when it had a subscription fee. It was on an oh so terrible computer that I'm sure had around 500 MB RAM.

Ah, the glory days of not knowing what the hell I was doing at 10 or less frames per second.

I should get back to it just for the lols.
Hey, I'd help you get back into it. And yeah, it was always pretty poorly run by Disney. Hackers everywhere, poor security, lag and dc central :p And it actually was a 10 dollars/month subscription up until like the last few months I think, when they were like yo we're making it free for everybody because it's closing down soon. Peace out. Hehe.

TTR started out WAY worse than TTO (Toontown Online opposed to Rewritten) with DC's and such, but they've fixed a lot of it. Now there are still crashes and the like, but it's gotten WAY better and is a functional game again.

SpiralKipz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The cogs never really were creepy to me. If anything, they made me laugh.
"HAHA! I get it! It's Big Cheese because HAHAHA! Hey, sis! Look! He's a cheese!"
They're intimidating when they're so big and scary. Climbing up a building to find level 11/12 Big Wigs and Legal Eagles? Eek.

Midnight_Blitz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
Kinda like how most people would just hope Runescape would've died.
Fixed. No hard feels, Jagex, but ya messed up over the past 12 years.

Right? I thought Toontown died ages ago!
But yeah, private servers became a big thing even before it closed due to the heads up Disney gave everyone a month before. Public activity from some places actually starts shortly after TTO closes.

Reactions: Chad B.