BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Eh, the remaining DLC characters were already figured out thanks to their silhouettes. It's not like they were being TOO secretive about them.

Anyway, no character reveals on Arc Nama this month, but they did show off a match with all of Team RWBY, finishing off with Blake's Astral.

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It really only is NRS who puts joke names in their code in case anyone tries to datamine their stuff.

Anyways, as someone who got the deluxe edition, it's nice to know what I bought

Reactions: Invader TAK

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It really only is NRS who puts joke names in their code in case anyone tries to datamine their stuff.
I didn't know that. That's pretty funny of them.

All I remember is after the stupidest leak of all time for Smash4 3DS, Nintendo would later put placeholder data in that was completely blank and had no hints at all. All that we gleaned from it was that there were 3 characters and 2 stages remaining to be released. (These turned out to be Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Midgar, and Umbra Clock Tower) People basically forgot about that datamine within a day and no actual info was ever leaked. Meanwhile, here's ArcSys blatantly tagging placeholder data in DBFZ and BBTAG with initials that give away everything. It's just silly to me.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
I didn't know that. That's pretty funny of them.

All I remember is after the stupidest leak of all time for Smash4 3DS, Nintendo would later put placeholder data in that was completely blank and had no hints at all. All that we gleaned from it was that there were 3 characters and 2 stages remaining to be released. (These turned out to be Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Midgar, and Umbra Clock Tower) People basically forgot about that datamine within a day and no actual info was ever leaked. Meanwhile, here's ArcSys blatantly tagging placeholder data in DBFZ and BBTAG with initials that give away everything. It's just silly to me.
I'd say the Smash 4 3DS ESRB leak was even dumber. Mainly because not only did Nintendo take down anything related to it, THEY CONFIRMED SHULK NOT LONG AFTER! Companies need to realize that by taking down leak stuff, THEY CONFIRM IT!

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd say the Smash 4 3DS ESRB leak was even dumber. Mainly because not only did Nintendo take down anything related to it, THEY CONFIRMED SHULK NOT LONG AFTER! Companies need to realize that by taking down leak stuff, THEY CONFIRM IT!
That was far from the only reason the footage was taken down, really, but yeah it just so happened that leak happened shortly before the Shulk reveal, which confirmed all that we saw. Kind of funny, that.

It's absolutely not dumber, though. The ESRB leak was some dashing rogue with a cellphone camera who somehow had access to the ESRB build. The datamine leak was data that the devs rather pointedly put in there and just assumed that no one would find it and spoil a massive surprise. That one could have easily been prevented.

Reactions: Invader TAK

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Anyways, as someone who got the deluxe edition, it's nice to know what I bought
Yeah same. In fact, I always look up rosters for fighting games I'm interested in. And like I said earlier, the remaining characters were pretty much figured out anyway thanks to the silhouettes.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

In the latest episode of BlazBlue Radio, ArcSys used the BBTAG avatars for Ragna, Noel and... Izayoi? So, that's a confirmation. $20 says she keeps her Weiss palette from Centralfiction.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Just announced at EVO, all three remaining DLC packs will be out on August 6th for North America. Also the logo has a 5th color on it. Maybe it'll be Senran Kagura, maybe something else.

EDIT:
EDIT 2: The only thing at Bar Fights was an English dub version of the above reveal.

Last edited: