Random Art and Critique For Everyone!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This is where I'll be posting any TFH art I may come up with, and I want you to share any art of your own as well! Whether you're looking for a critique of your work, or just feel like sharing, go right ahead! Nobody should feel discouraged about their artwork, so please, feel free to share.

Here's something I made recently to start this off.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Ah, good. I need a little critiquing. For some odd reason, people fav them but don't leave any comments and it bugs me a bit. Once I know what needs fixing, I'll adjust to make the characters more larger scale with attack pattern demos. And yes, I know the donkey isn't as awesome as Knick-Knack, I couldn't find a decent picture with one facing sideways for reference and it ended up dog-like for the face.

Them's Fightin Herds OC Extras 2

Them's Fightin Herds OC Extras

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Ah, good. I need a little critiquing. For some odd reason, people fav them but don't leave any comments and it bugs me a bit. Once I know what needs fixing, I'll adjust to make the characters more larger scale with attack pattern demos. And yes, I know the donkey isn't as awesome as Knick-Knack, I couldn't find a decent picture with one facing sideways for reference and it ended up dog-like for the face.

If we are talking about the pics on those links, it could be for varies reasons. I for one think they look sub-par, despite it being better than what I can draw and since I'm no artist, I cannot say what you should or should not be doing, only that "This looks good or bad". I wish you luck in the future and hope that _Vidz_ and others can go into an in-depth critique for you.

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

You've got a lot of big ideas here, and that's very admirable! I'm curious to know how long you've been drawing. Also, what's your process when you draw your characters? Do you use a skeleton, or do you kind of free form it? From what I can tell, your figures don't seem very proportionate. An easy way to fix that is to sketch a bare-bones skeleton of the shape of the character you have in mind. (I can show you an example of what I mean if you'd like). Also, you want to keep your lines steady. I can see many lines that appear to sort of wobble. I'm not sure how you draw (everyone has their own way and style), but it might help to not draw one continuous line to make a shape. Use strokes to get the shape/curve/line you want, then work it up.

These are just techniques I use when I draw, and maybe they'll help you out if you try to adopt them. Please, don't stop drawing! I've learned the only way to get better (particularly with drawing) is to keep doing it, and challenge yourself. If you'd like any other advice or tips, never be afraid to ask! :) I hope this helps.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Since I was five...and yes, free form is something I do. Of course, I was trying to save paper so I tried to divide it up for 8 characters on each page. And the ruler wasn't very useful in making proper lines, I had to remeasure just to adjust it. I'd like to see your skeleton example...since I have to adjust the bughorse into undead stag as well as Lulamoon into demonic bathorse (since there's already versions of her as a batpony). Any advice on improving the moves or abilities they have?

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Since I was five...and yes, free form is something I do. Of course, I was trying to save paper so I tried to divide it up for 8 characters on each page. And the ruler wasn't very useful in making proper lines, I had to remeasure just to adjust it. I'd like to see your skeleton example...since I have to adjust the bughorse into undead stag as well as Lulamoon into demonic bathorse (since there's already versions of her as a batpony). Any advice on improving the moves or abilities they have?
Hello again! I'm sorry this took so long, but I have this little Sketch Progression of a new character I made.

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I like it, looks like something from the lion king
Thanks! And I agree, he is a Hyena, it reminds me of the Hyenas from that movie too. A friend of mine made a semi-predator OC for TFH, and it kind of inspired me to try it out myself. Unless I come up with something better, I call him Chopper. He lost his teeth from something I haven't quite figured out yet; but as a result he was shunned by the rest of his kind, and has tried to replace his teeth with the metal, Bear Trap-like contraption in his mouth.