The Lone Star State (Harmonycon's goin' on)

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
Okay so I guess this thread will be for us people in the Texas area (pretty sure it's considered Midwest or something like that)

So if you're in the area and are thinkin' about meeting up with people in the flesh, then speak now, or forever hold yer Beef!

Btw, I live in the Dallas area, so yeah. I personally would like to hang with some of ya'll if possible.

However, I don't have a drivers license quite yet, so maybe I personally can't join ya'll for now, but I hope this gets people talking about meet ups at the very least.

Anyways, cya! :aricool:

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
(pretty sure it's considered Midwest or something like that)
Yeah, no one seems to know what region Texas counts as. Growing up in Michigan we considered ourselves "midwest" and Texas was just "out west" or part of "the South." So imagine my surprise when I moved to the Dallas area and found they call themselves "midwest" and think Michigan is "east coast" lol.

Alas, I'm no longer in Texas.
Texas has some great college towns, though, so maybe there's some good gaming scenes in places like those.

Reactions: Salty Beef

Salty Beef

Yeah, no one seems to know what region Texas counts as. Growing up in Michigan we considered ourselves "midwest" and Texas was just "out west" or part of "the South." So imagine my surprise when I moved to the Dallas area and found they call themselves "midwest" and think Michigan is "east coast" lol.

Alas, I'm no longer in Texas.
Texas has some great college towns, though, so maybe there's some good gaming scenes in places like those.

lol yeah found that out before making this. Dang it I thought you were gunna say you were still here... :arisad: But you probably are right about that. I know there's place to meet up at the college I went to.. (never went for another semester lol)

DuskRoyalty979

Mar 7, 2018
Hey what's up? I'm in the Coastal Bend area of south Texas. (Corpus Christi)

It'd be nice to see some tournies for this game once the full release drops. For now, I'm just working on getting good with Oleander, and I want to pick up Velvet and Paprika as secondaries.

Mari

pbbbbtbtbbtbt
Mar 5, 2018
i live in Houston. i don’t travel (or even leave my house) very often, but i can if there’s an event i’m interested in. i’ll be at Anime Matsuri this year.

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
I live in Leander which is near Austin, but I go to college in Denton. That being said, if anyone is in the DFW area and wants to play Them's Fighting Herds, my club and I are doing a tournament on the 24th at the Business Leadership Building at UNT Denton in room 140 from 2-6, with practice and casuals starting at 1, though it might be a little shorter or a little longer depending on how many people show up. It's completely free and all you need to bring is your controller to meet some new people and play some Herds!

Salty Beef

I live in Leander which is near Austin, but I go to college in Denton. That being said, if anyone is in the DFW area and wants to play Them's Fighting Herds, my club and I are doing a tournament on the 24th at the Business Leadership Building at UNT Denton in room 140 from 2-6, with practice and casuals starting at 1, though it might be a little shorter or a little longer depending on how many people show up. It's completely free and all you need to bring is your controller to meet some new people and play some Herds!

Man, I gotta learn how to drive asap! so I can actually join in on deez events... unfortunately I doubt that will be very soon.. :arigrin:

Reactions: CluelessDetective

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
Man, I gotta learn how to drive asap! so I can actually join in on deez events... unfortunately I doubt that will be very soon.. :arigrin:
You totally should come here when you learn to! We have meetings every Saturday in the same room from 1 to 10 and just play fighting games there and there's a decent amount of people there that play TFH there too!

Salty Beef

Hey Everyone. I have a question for all ya'll around the Texas/Dallas/FortWorth area. Are any of ya'll goin' to Harmonycon this weekend? It's a Horse convention, in Addison, Tx and it's their first time doing one so I thought I might as well go to have some fun and show some support. It's not very well known so I'm not really expecting too many people to know about it. But I wanted to see if anyone else was goin'.

I may not make it on Friday though, family stuff JUST popped up (perfect timing) so yeah I dunno about that. But I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

weather you're going or not, Stay Fun-gulate my friends. :aricool:

Reactions: Dem