How does I do Pixel Lobby

Hericks

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 24, 2016
Fresno, CA
Hi everyone,
So I finally decided to log into the Pixel Lobby for the first time the other day, and I was pretty much totally lost.
I mean, I did explore around a bit, got into a couple fights (the good kind), tried on some stylin' hats, and found a challenge stage. But I really had no idea on how to talk to people.
When someone came close, I just kinda hopped around until they scurried off or challenged them, but I heard some people doing voice-over, and I may have seen a chat box? I thought of experimenting to see if I could figure it out on my own, but I'm actually pretty anti-social, and get super nervous of making myself look like an idiot in front of others. (I'm secretly terrified of people)

So could someone tell me how the chat features work in the Pixel Lobby, with the chat box and voice-over? Then maybe I won't be so afraid of saying hi to people? ^^;

And I suppose it would also be beneficial to describe the basic controls of the lobby too? For me as well as other noobs. XP

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

QuoteMarks

This is a bug.
Nov 23, 2017
Your magic button :D: is used to challenge/spectate/request training. Assuming that you have another player close enough in front of you to select them.

Hold down the Magic button :D: to go into solo training, leave the lobby, and a few other things I don't remember at the moment.

Light button :A: opens up the wardrobe. Left and Right :4::6: will change your avatar here.

Medium button :B: opens up a list of the players currently in the server.

Utility 1 will open the emote menu (its right bumper for pad users have no Idea for other control schemes)

Hold Utility 2 for voice chat (right trigger for pad)

The chat box is used by clicking on it.

Periodically Chests will spawn each with 2 salt. You need 3 salt to enter the salt mines. After the first person enters the salt mines there is a period of time where you can enter for free. Inside the salt mines you will find More chests some cost salt to open. Free chests give salt, Cheap chests give 25% of your health back, and expensive chests will give you a random cosmetic. If you already have the cosmetic it gives you 40 salt instead. In the salt mines you will be attacked by predators. Predators start on low health. if you beat the predator your rewarded with salt. After a certain amount of predators are defeated the difficulty goes up, predator health is increased, NPCs join the predators, and new chests spawn. If you lose you lose 10 salt and are spawned outside. If there are players still in the salt mines you can buy your way back in. The price for re-entry increases with the difficulty, but so do the rewards found in the salt and cosmetic chests. The health chests will always give you 25% of your health back, even as there prices go up.

Both the initial 2 Salt chests and Cosmetic chests take 10 seconds to open. During this time another player can attack you to gain the contents of the chest for themselves. If your in the salt mines when this happens you won't be teleported out, you just won't get the chest.

Hope this is helpful

Petea Copine

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
Are there people with voice-overs on their emotes? I think I hear them

Also how did I get Chocolate League badge?

Falco

Ace Pilot
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Also how did I get Chocolate League badge?
The Chocolate Medal accessory correlates with your casual rank. I'm not too sure how casual rank is determined but my guess is amount of play time.

The higher the rank, the more medals you unlock. In order of lowest to highest: Chocolate, Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum

Spirittis

Tian is a Huo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Czechia
spirittisblog.tumblr.com
Ok now how do I unlock my skull girls hats and backer stats?
If you have Skullgirls (or any other partnered game, for this matter) registered on the same Steam account along TFH, the items will appear in your inventory the next time the game is launched.

To get the backer status, you had to use the Steam key distributed through BackerKit to activate the game. If you've already bought the game before claiming your backer key, I'm not sure what the options are. You might need to contact the devs at contact(at)mane6.com.

Petea Copine

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
i used my steam key from backer kit but i don't see any perks in game or on forum

Spirittis

Tian is a Huo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Czechia
spirittisblog.tumblr.com
Forum backer perks were granted when you signed up with the same e-mail you used for indiegogo. You might need to contact an admin of the forums to resolve it, if it didn't happen automatically (I recall there were cases like this in the beginning).

I'd be patient with the in-game perks, as release shook up the code a bit. The lack of the backer ribbon under profile pics is known and worked on.