Future Palettes

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
So, I made two Pomguy palettes instead of studying.
With "helmet":
pomguy.png
Without helmet:
pomguy2.png
Dog is a pinky demon, and the bell is blue because it's supposed to be a soulsphere.

So, unashamedly borrowing the templates, I decided to do a few flag-based palettes. One for Paprika, one for Pom. Pardon the MSPaint. Pretty sure the Saltire dogs could be done better, though.
This time, Brazil comes to you.

Last edited:

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Just had a couple thoughts for Pom palettes.

Megaman and Rush
MM3_Mega_Man_and_Rush.png

Madoka and Kyubey (Really any magical girl + her companion animal is a possibility)
kyubey-madoka.jpg

And since the Pom+sheep dog palettes practically make themselves, here's a half-assed thoguht for a Paprika palette.

Maybe a Celestial emissary from Bloodborne? They sure seem to just want some hugs.
medium.jpg

Tindalos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And since the Pom+sheep dog palettes practically make themselves, here's a half-assed thoguht for a Paprika palette.

Maybe a Celestial emissary from Bloodborne? They sure seem to just want some hugs.
Well hey, if we're going all eldritch horrors, then to go with that (And Olly's cthulhu skin) we could get Pom as Shub-Niggurath of the Cthulhu mythos, with her dogs as Hounds of Tindalos.

Of course, no bias here on that front, none at all.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
Just had a couple thoughts for Pom palettes.

Megaman and Rush

Madoka and Kyubey (Really any magical girl + her companion animal is a possibility)

Now that you suggest it, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a Megaman/Rush Pom palette, or even a Bass/Treble. Maybe if she had any backers' palettes at all...

I wonder why no one chose her? It pains my heart to see her neglected in that way.

Mustache9

Alpaca My Bags
Backers' Beta Tester
Nov 4, 2016
Aw shoot, I wish I found this thread sooner! I'm glad so many people are already brainstorming some more palette ideas for these characters, I'm dying to see all the new ones that they add eventually

I've been saving some images into a big 'ole pile for like the past week as ideas came and went lol, so here's a list of the potential palette references I could think of so far:

Pom Palette Ideas:

--- Dog-Related Palette Refs ---

There were probably a lot of dog characters in cartoons to choose from, but this was the first to come to mind xD

Seeing as how there's already a Lilac palette in the game for Tian (yesSSS!!), I thought maybe we could squeeze in the other two main characters too! Then you could have the whole trio on screen at once in a Tian vs Pom match, aaww yeahh

Okay hear me out -- Isabelle wears a bell just like Pom and also they're dogs, I would love this palette omg

I chose these two mainly 'cause I thought Mindy's colors would look nice on Pom, and Animaniacs is a pretty recognizable show by a wide age range of people, I think

A little less recognizable, the main character has pretty dark colors but I thought those shades of blue would look pretty cool on Pom pups eeheh

From that super silly side-scroller game lmao. The schoolgirl's colors are pretty dark as well so I'd probably opt to color Pom after the panties that the dog steals xD

--- Summoner/Companion Creature Palette Refs ---

This was definitely one of the first palettes to come to mind — Cream is a small, timid character and she uses her cute little Chao for some attacks (plus they can both fly!)

A magical girl who captures and summon monsters and also has a tiny monster companion with her most the time; there's probably a lot of variations of this trope to pick from lol, but I do like the colors here

I mentioned a character from this series already, but I do like these two more all around for their colors and the summoning theme. That palette would make for some pretty pups!

In stark contrast with the rest of the cartoony characters on this list, here's a more murky and menacing duo of characters. I kinda would love this palette if only for the sake of seeing the Big Daddy colors on Papa Dog heehehe (- u-)

A game I've yet to play but will definitely play before I die lol. These characters' colors might be too neutral to work with, but I wanted to add them on here nonetheless!

I actually don't recall this movie or these two characters' relation too well, I just know that it's really popular xD But it does add color variety at least!

Paprika Palette Ideas:

Yoshi has a great big smile like Pap, can jump really high like Pap, and eats apples like Pap -- IS THAT PERFECT OR WHAT (plus the rug on Pap's back could be Yoshi's shell!)

I've watched little of this anime besides the episodes I saw as a kid on Toonami, but you gotta admit Naruto is a pretty silly and spirited character like Pap (the rug could look like the ninja headband and plus Pap can do NINJA TELEPORTS)

Fits with the theme of being obsessed with kisses and lovey-dovey business, and I do like the colors on her!

Aaand I put this on the list because uh... the body shape sort of matches I guess, lol xD Couldn't think of as many palette ideas for Paprika but I wanted to fit at least a couple, and a Lynel-colored Pap sounds pretty cool!

And there's probably a whole ton of other ideas that would work nicely and are sitting right under our noses, GOTTA KEEP THINKING hmmMMM...

Scherzo

Feb 27, 2018
Alrighty, lemme throw up some of the things I've been doing since I came across the palette templates.

MisterRockett

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Haven't looked through all of the Pallets but an Amapharos Pom with Granbull colored puppies would be a cool idea.

J. Renfield

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Nov 19, 2017
A Pom idea for a future template. Based on Jojo's resident pompadour user, Josuke Higashikata of "Diamond is Unbreakable" Wish I had access to the template.

"Resistant Rhomboid" (resistant is synonym for unbreakable;rhomboid refers to the general shape of a diamond) Dark blue wool and pompadour, peach face, golden yellow chest area wool (and bell of course), black hooves. Puppies & Parent Dogs will have "Crazy Diamond" coloring (gray and dark pink).

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
--- Summoner/Companion Creature Palette Refs ---

This was definitely one of the first palettes to come to mind — Cream is a small, timid character and she uses her cute little Chao for some attacks (plus they can both fly!)
I liked the idea so I tried my hand at it.
sketch-1519790722190.png

Also here's one I started of jack and zero, but I messed up.
sketch-1519789317790.png

Brokeneagle98

Computer Engineer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pacific Northwest
Yes, there definitely needs to be a Scottish pallet, although maybe swap the colors between Pom and the dog. It could be called something like "Aye laddy" or "Aye lass".

For double the Scottish fun, maybe have something referencing Montgomery Scott (Star Trek) using uniform color schemes and/or Enterprise color schemes, which would by necessity need to be called "Beam me up".

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Yes, there definitely needs to be a Scottish pallet, although maybe swap the colors between Pom and the dog. It could be called something like "Aye laddy" or "Aye lass".

For double the Scottish fun, maybe have something referencing Montgomery Scott (Star Trek) using uniform color schemes and/or Enterprise color schemes, which would by necessity need to be called "Beam me up".
Well, on the Trek theme, I did make a bit of a original series reference skin, but I didn't quite like how it turned out. I personally called it the "away team" skin, though.
Away team.png

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

ventes

Feb 20, 2018
First a question! is there a Dark Magician color in the game? ya know because tianhuo has "blue eyes"

second i think a white ranger pallete for velvet would be SO SICK! and maybe a lion-o palette for pom for no other reason than to just do the " thunder, Thunder, THUNDER! THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" when you do the super. oh and an aladdin pallete for paprika

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
First a question! is there a Dark Magician color in the game? ya know because tianhuo has "blue eyes"

second i think a white ranger pallete for velvet would be SO SICK! and maybe a lion-o palette for pom for no other reason than to just do the " thunder, Thunder, THUNDER! THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" when you do the super. oh and an aladdin pallete for paprika
So, snarf puppies?

Reactions: Pom d'or

Zajice

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 13, 2016
I know it's simple and not really a reference to anything, but I really like combinations of white and red (big surprise). It's always my go-to for any palettes in a game. But the only character that's really got it is Tian with her Okami skin. To a lesser extent, Holstein Arizona with the red bandana. I'd kill for something like that on Oleander. There's Mecha, but the unnatural eyes and golden hair kinda clash too much for my liking.

Reactions: Snivian Moon

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I know it's simple and not really a reference to anything, but I really like combinations of white and red (big surprise). It's always my go-to for any palettes in a game. But the only character that's really got it is Tian with her Okami skin. To a lesser extent, Holstein Arizona with the red bandana. I'd kill for something like that on Oleander. There's Mecha, but the unnatural eyes and golden hair kinda clash too much for my liking.
So something like this, or were you shooting for more normal sclera? Or maybe you had something in mind that wasn't completely "OC do not steal" tier and actually used the colors well.
Steel donut.png

Kundiman

Mar 7, 2018
A Pom idea for a future template. Based on Jojo's resident pompadour user, Josuke Higashikata of "Diamond is Unbreakable" Wish I had access to the template.

"Resistant Rhomboid" (resistant is synonym for unbreakable;rhomboid refers to the general shape of a diamond) Dark blue wool and pompadour, peach face, golden yellow chest area wool (and bell of course), black hooves. Puppies & Parent Dogs will have "Crazy Diamond" coloring (gray and dark pink).
My little sister did a mock-up of what a Josuke Higashikata skin for Pom could look like. It's a mix of the anime and manga palettes.

Edit: Link to the image seems to have broke, fixed it

Last edited:

AtmaDragoon

Posts at Glacial Speed
Backers' Beta Tester
Oooh, palette brainstorming? For Pom?? :D

...I only really have two ideas, though. ^_^;

1. Terra Branford + Moogle doggos (Would also posit Esper Terra, but default Pom's already got white covered, and Moogle helpers is just too perfect a reference to first multiparty sequence, etc)

2. Proto Man or Roll + Tango doggos (Following from Inknail & Mage suggestions, naturally~)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanxide

ryin

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I made a palette with everyone's favorite pompadour monster in mind.
The dog is colored after the explosive slime it uses to fight. Video for those who don't know Brachydios.

Reactions: Pom d'or

Mari

pbbbbtbtbbtbt
Mar 5, 2018
well, i made this sketch at like 2am last night:

82B755B7-7ABE-4207-B6C3-CFE465F5BE19.jpeg

and realized that while a Pipimi palette probably wouldn’t work for Paprika, i think a PopTeamEpic palette might work for Pom?

CEFA98CB-3FBA-4AE6-BBDE-3636AA504805.jpeg

Pom could be Popuko (shorter girl) with the dogs being Pipimi (taller girl) since Pipimi is shown to be kinda protective over Popuko in some of the strips, though i guess either way could work. PomTeamEpic.

another idea for Pom: Ken & Koromaru from Persona 3?

032B2B5A-FC6F-46C0-93D1-FA72B8C64376.jpeg

4F282F94-1890-4756-85BE-B41ED712925C.gif

a Ringing Bell palette would be pretty funny too, in a messed up way, though it’d be pretty identical to a One Stormy Night palette which has already been suggested.

D81B9F72-D95D-42C4-9B1D-C935DAFC104A.png

2871ECD9-E1FF-48E4-BFB7-C5FA0C6EB2EF.jpeg

AtmaDragoon

Posts at Glacial Speed
Backers' Beta Tester
Whoops, more Pom palette ideas. ^_^;

3. "Prophetic" or "Zealous", Magus + Alphard doggos [or Alfador, I guess] (Because cats are the new dog.)

4. "Run!!" or "Icy", Sheena + Saber doggos (Dunno how many people are familiar with Run Saber, but Sheena was the character I would always play as, and she's super cool! You could choose different color palettes for her in-game too, so this actually encompasses a number of unique options. Might actually be better suited to Velvet though, as Sheena has ice powers.)

5. "Spiral" or "Summoner", Yuna + Valefor doggos (This one's untenable for the initial idea I had, that being to give each dog a different summon's color. The dogs almost certainly only get one set of colors per palette though, and Valefor seems like the go to aeon to associate with Yuna. Or Anima I guess, if you want to go with a new-to-FFX summon from lategame.)

...And then name possibilities for the other two ideas I mentioned previously:
1. "De Terre", Terra + Moogles (...Though this name could also be used for a GLaDOS/Chell/Portal palette. Or simply potatoes, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. :B)

2. "Feline Blue", Proto Man + Tango; Housecat, Roll + Tango

Solario

Ahh, good! I'm not the only one to think of a Josuke/Crazy Diamond skin for Pom! But how about a Jotaro/Star Platinum or Avdol/Magician's Red skin for Oleander/Fred? Or, since she's all dark and edgey, maybe it'd be DIO/ZA WARUDO?! XD

Sunset Radiance

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 12, 2016
Pom Pallete Ideas

1. Flaafy
  2. Absol
  3. Whimsicott
  4. Umbreon or some other Eeveelution, if not Eevee
  5. Yoshi, as mentioned above, due to Flutterkick
  6. Kuwabara with Kurama dogs
  7. Any of the Pokepoms mentioned above with Rockruff/Eevee dogs (Preferfably not Eevee dogs with Eevee unless it works)
  8. Pusheen the Cat with Stormy/Pip dogs (ahhhh yess)
I'd like to see someone color these, but these are ones right off the top of my head. I tried not to limit the Pokemon ones to sheep ones, was thinking of fluffy characters in general.

Rockruff pups > Granbull imo since it's more fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanxide

Ravvij

Arizona, kick!
Mar 1, 2018
That's actually a good idea and I'm going to look into it.

I do want to make more palettes for Pom/Paprika. We certainly have the space for it. I just find it a bit hard to think of things that aren't paletted pom + some variation of normal-looking puppies; I'm open for suggestions if you guys have some. I'm more likely to do clever-reference palettes than just "character A and Character B's colors", and I probably won't do specific people's OCs because reasons, but other than that, I'm open for whatever ideas you guys have. I just can't guarantee they will make it in.
Wouldn't Pom and Paprika look silly in a knitted-sweater patterns? Like terrible Christmas sweaters and such? It'd be a pain to animate, I'm sure, but sooo worth the giggle.