Future Palettes

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Seeing how some characters have fewer color palettes than others, I raise an enquiry on whether devs plan to add more palettes in the future, whether as DLC or otherwise. Maybe a contest or tournament of some sort could be held to choose them.

This thread could also be used to discuss any skin that you would want to see in the future. Personally, I'd like a Doomguy "Shear and Wear" palette for Pom, gray head, green body, dogs could be pinky demons, since both want to bite you to death.

Last edited:

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Since so many people wanted a Kiwi Pom, we should get a Kiwi Pom!

Puns aside, I really do love the color combination.

And I feel like there should be a Milka cow palette for Arizona, though I guess there would be legal issues...
She already has a Laughing Cow one without causing any problems, besides, I think that it'd covered under parody or something like that. The purple one is the closest thing she has to a Milka one, I'd say.

Last edited:

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I think it would be nice for all the characters to have the same number of palettes, but unless M6 starts churning them out, or accepting community ideas, it might not happen.
Would be interesting to see what a palette contest might bring in, though.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Since so many people wanted a Kiwi Pom, we should get a Kiwi Pom!
That's actually a good idea and I'm going to look into it.

I do want to make more palettes for Pom/Paprika. We certainly have the space for it. I just find it a bit hard to think of things that aren't paletted pom + some variation of normal-looking puppies; I'm open for suggestions if you guys have some. I'm more likely to do clever-reference palettes than just "character A and Character B's colors", and I probably won't do specific people's OCs because reasons, but other than that, I'm open for whatever ideas you guys have. I just can't guarantee they will make it in.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
That's actually a good idea and I'm going to look into it.

I do want to make more palettes for Pom/Paprika. We certainly have the space for it. I just find it a bit hard to think of things that aren't paletted pom + some variation of normal-looking puppies; I'm open for suggestions if you guys have some. I'm more likely to do clever-reference palettes than just "character A and Character B's colors", and I probably won't do specific people's OCs because reasons, but other than that, I'm open for whatever ideas you guys have. I just can't guarantee they will make it in.
Not sure what the zones are for pom, but I'm surprised there's no sheep in the big city pallet. I look up the show again and there was a poodle he liked that I had forgotten about, which could be used as the pups colors.

Paprika I'll have to think on.

Oh, as I'm typing this i had another pom idea, though I'm not sure how to do it: Wallace and Gromit pom/pups.

Tindalos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
For Pom, it might be nice to see a golden palette, to reference the golden fleece of Greek mythology.
As for the pups, it might be nice to give them a palette based on the imprisoned predators (Combined with the golden pom as a Cerberus reference perhaps)

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I think it would be nice for all the characters to have the same number of palettes, but unless M6 starts churning them out, or accepting community ideas, it might not happen.
Would be interesting to see what a palette contest might bring in, though.
Or at least a poll-chosen one.

Reactions: Ferettoko

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I do have a some pallet ideas for Pom that I had in mind for some time and she's severely lacking compared to the other.
So I guess now's a good time as any to post it.

8a46506626651b4f45e084a2274d5edb.png

[/SPOILERS]

[/SPOILERS]

[SPOILER="Heart and Umasou - You are Umasou"

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
That's odd, I had more to that post but it wouldn't show for some reason. I guess you can only post a limited amount of picture per post.
Please don't drop the ban hammer on me for double posting I only got a couple more images left.

Last edited:

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
That's odd, I had more to that post but it wouldn't show for some reason. I guess you can only post a limited amount of picture per post.
Please don't drop the ban hammer on me for double posting I only got a couple more images left.

[/SPOILERS]

[/SPOILERS]
Those were in the first post.

There's also Lilo and stitch. Maybe the two stupid dogs.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Why is everyone suddenly hungry?
I'd also ask for a Dolly reference since she's, like, the most important sheep ever, but, truth is, she was also a rather unremarkable sheep, so there's not much to do, maybe make the dogs the same color as Pom, but I think that would feel rather lazy.

Last edited:

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Not sure why my mind is all about fruit right now, but Pom-granate? Pom could be a purpley-red + off-white combo, and the dogs green (+ off-white or + brown?), representing the leaves.

mmmmaybe. I'll give it a try at least.

Not sure what the zones are for pom, but I'm surprised there's no sheep in the big city pallet..
I tried that one. It ended up feeling too generic/obscure. Sheep's palette is way too basic, so it relies on the puppies zones' to make the reference clear, and the zones don't help much.

Shaggy Pom with Scooby Doo doggos
Hah!
I actually wanted to try that on Olie. She's got the bell bottoms for it, but she's got enough palettes already.

Miss Bianca (Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under) palette for Velvet.
Neat but unlikely right now. Velvet, Tian and Ollie are doing just fine palette-wise for now.

Why is everyone suddenly hungry?
I'd also ask for a Dolly reference since she's, like, the most important sheep ever, but, truth is, she was also a rather unremarkable sheep, so there's not much to do, maybe make the dogs the same color as Pom, but I think that would feel rather lazy.
This is the problem with several ideas. The colors are too generic or too monochrome, so it ends up looking like "unremarkable sheep" + "some flavour of dogs"

I made a Pom palette for fun! It's Belle (bell, get it? hehe) and her beast(s), from Beauty and the Beast (1991). I name this skin Beau (which is a synonym to belle in french, both meaning beautiful). The pink bell is supposed to be the rose. I used the official palette template.

View attachment 2605

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
@ManeSix Would it be possible to post this here? That way, non beta backers could design their own palettes. I mean, even if they aren't accepted it could be fun and all that.
We're reluctant to. We don't want to make it sound like we -are- going to do whatever people come up with using official resources, because that's not all the idea.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
1.000 YES TO THIS!
Seriously, adorable movie, if you haven't see it, you should.... in fact...
Glad to know there are other who enjoy the movie as much as I do.

Those were in the first post.

There's also Lilo and stitch. Maybe the two stupid dogs.
Yeah but it would only appear if someone quote/reply to me. So I just added it to my next post.

Might as well throw in Ren and Stimpy.

I used the official palette template.
I didn't know such thing existed. Too bad it exclusive to backers.

J. Renfield

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Nov 19, 2017
I suggested a possible Paprika palette based on the most infamous hugger and animal lover in Western Animation: Elmyra Duff.

"Cuddly Wuddly": Red head wool. Peach face. Blue wool. White blanket. Black hooves.

Paprika not having an Elmyra-homage palette is criminal.

zeox

Feb 13, 2018
I'm gonna suggest a skin for the goat character... even if we don't know anything about it yet, so suggesting a skin for a character that we know nothing is a pretty dumb thing to do, but whatever.
Since there are lots of skin references to pokemon, i'm gonna suggest a digimon skin, the goat pajiramon: