A couple of questions about character voice settings

MSTieScott

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 13, 2016
1. What is the significance of the number in the "Voice Cooldown" setting? I know that the higher the number, the less frequently the fighters will randomly say something, but because the number goes past 100, all I've been able to figure out is that it isn't a percentage. Approximately what number will make the characters say between zero and one unsolicited line per fight?

(By "unsolicited," I'm referring to the observations such as Tianhuo's "A worthy opponent" or Oleander's "I need more power" that pop up when a character is doing well/poorly. I like the lines that accompany special moves and that the characters say at the beginning/end of fights. I assume those aren't regulated by Voice Cooldown.)

2. Are there plans to include an option to turn the announcer on or off? Right now, my opinion is that the announcer isn't adding much to my fights (yes, announcer, I know the fight was close). Also because there are one or two Oleander/Fred openers that go so long, the announcer winds up overlapping them.

(It doesn't help that the announcer and Oleander sound a little similar, so initially, I wasn't sure who was talking.)

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
1. Frames after a given utterance that a new utterance can be polled. The lines you're talking about are triggered on tech, actually.

I don't really have an answer for 2.

beta

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 24, 2016
1. What is the significance of the number in the "Voice Cooldown" setting? I know that the higher the number, the less frequently the fighters will randomly say something, but because the number goes past 100, all I've been able to figure out is that it isn't a percentage. Approximately what number will make the characters say between zero and one unsolicited line per fight?

(By "unsolicited," I'm referring to the observations such as Tianhuo's "A worthy opponent" or Oleander's "I need more power" that pop up when a character is doing well/poorly. I like the lines that accompany special moves and that the characters say at the beginning/end of fights. I assume those aren't regulated by Voice Cooldown.)
Voice cooldown makes it so that once a character says something in voice, they wont use non-essential (ie: grunts) for <voice cooldown> frames. So for example, setting cooldown to 90 makes it so they can only grunt every once per second and a half or so (that's really high, but just an example).

I don't know if the unsolicited lines are marked to always play or not. I'll check into that for you.

2. Are there plans to include an option to turn the announcer on or off? Right now, my opinion is that the announcer isn't adding much to my fights (yes, announcer, I know the fight was close). Also because there are one or two Oleander/Fred openers that go so long, the announcer winds up overlapping them.
I can add that in yes. Thanks for the suggestion.