Introducing the Cast of Them's Fightin' Herds

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You're all freaking out over Tara and skipping over Keith there as Fred?
Not at all. He's the other one I immediately recognized by name. Just, you know, TARA THO

For the sake of it, I did a little IMDB diving, since I don't quite recognize all of the actors here besides those two. I tried to pick up to 5 notable credits for each person, mostly video games or animes. I figure this might be helpful for everyone else reading the thread, so I'll stick in a spoiler right here:

ARIZONA
Voiced by: Tara Strong

Purple Smart - Lawyer Friendly Equines: Friendship is Magic
Harley Quinn - Various Batman properties
Raven - Teen Titans
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls
Timmy Turner - The Fairly OddParents

PAPRIKA
Voiced by: Marieve Herington

Angie Yonaga - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Sunbottom Tyrant Ludenberg - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Terrible Tornado - One Punch Man
Claudette - Alpha and Omega movie series
Leroute - Hunter x Hunter

VELVET
Voiced by: Tia Lynn Ballard

Happy - Fairy Tale
Hare Menjou - Guilty Crown
Marron - Dragon Ball Z Kai / Super
Shao May - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Taichi Hyakuya - Seraph of the End

POM
Voiced by: Allie Moreno

Lexi - All the Wrong Places (apparently this and TFH are all she has to her name)

OLEANDER
Voiced by: Alexa Kahn

Crowe Altius - Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
Stephanie - Lego Friends series
Hyrax - Ice Age: Continental Drift
Captain Thenn - Star Wars: Uprising
Sevir - League of Legends: A New Dawn

TIANHUO
Voiced by: Kay Bess

Persephone - Agents of Mayhem
Ana - Rise of the Tomb Raider
Queen Cumulus - Skylanders: SuperChargers
Narrator - Women Behind Bars (TV series)

FRED/FHTNG
Voiced by: Keith Ferguson

Reaper - Overwatch
Blooregard - Foster's Home For Imaginery Friends
Lord Saladin - Destiny 2
Lightning McQueen - Cars series
Deputy Durland - Gravity Falls

ANNOUNCER
Voiced by: Jessica Gee

Holbrook - Little Witch Academia
Sakura Ogami - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Panne - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Tria - The Land Before Time series
Zhu Rong - Dynasty Warriors series (5 and onward)

If I screwed up and got the wrong person on any of these, feel free to let me know.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
I am not familiar with this show, okay!!!!!!!

But good to know. <3
Since I don't want to derail, I'll just say you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it. If you need further recommendation, show was made by Craig McCracken (who happens to also be Lauren's husband) and has a few episodes written by Lauren too.

A Tree

The One You'd Like to Be
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
Glad we managed to get a smorgasbord of dialects even though an international cast wasn't in the cards. What's that they're going for with Velvet and Pom? Some type of Scandinavian and some type of Scottish? Pom sounds maybe a little Highlands Scottish to my American ear.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Glad we managed to get a smorgasbord of dialects even though an international cast wasn't in the cards. What's that they're going for with Velvet and Pom? Some type of Scandinavian and some type of Scottish? Pom sounds maybe a little Highlands Scottish to my American ear.
Something like that, I guess? Pom seems like she could be a few things. But yeah I do love how they all have delightful accents.

And Velvet literally sounds like Ludenberg flipping her lid and I am all over it

bibliodragon

Mashing the buttons!
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 7, 2016
Something like that, I guess? Pom seems like she could be a few things. But yeah I do love how they all have delightful accents.

And Velvet literally sounds like Ludenberg flipping her lid and I am all over it
It's a sheepish accent (because yeah, American's just can't do Scottish accents. Sorry guys, I'm surrounded by them and have one myself, it's true.) It brings to mind a less belligerent version of this:

Also, oh no, Fred's now sexy!

Reactions: PinkieFTW

cathead

Fluffy Reindeer Enthusiast
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Man, everyone really knocked it out of the park with voices. I guess I was a little worried at first that some voices might not match up to what I had in my head for the characters, but even the ones that ended up different I've already pretty much fallen in love with. Great work all around!

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Ok, was impressed about Tara Strong (though seems ironic considering the game's origins and how we can't even mention colourful horse show). But then I saw Bloo from Fosters Home, and I was a happy boy.

Question: If The Dinklage called up Mane6 HQ and was like 'Guys, Dinklebot... I need to restore my honour. I'll do any role you want, for free.' Would you take him?

Reactions: PinkieFTW

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
YOU GUYS GOT TARA STRONG?!
I mean I guess I should've guessed this after you kidnapped fausticorn. Lauren and Tara go together like squirrels and Purple Smart.

Other than that you got...
The English Voice Actor for Tornado from One Punch Man.
Another anime voice actor.
Allie Moreno... Oh wow that's sad IMDB only cites this and All the Wrong Places as things she's acted in. (Her voice audition reel sounds good.)
Some grill who's done a lot of adverts. Though tbh she does sound like a great voice for Oli.
Kay Bess... She's done some pretty high profile stuff. Her voice is nice too. Not what I imagined for Tian (I imagined something more, well, Chinese) but still very nice.
Keith Ferguson. That sounds familar. Leme just check... oh :bark::bark::bark::bark: he's voice Reaper. Well that instantly makes him a prime target for edgecorn's demon.
And I have no idea who Jessica Gee is.

Some new faces but overall this is shaping up to be a good cast. :olliebigsmile: I'll have to see how they do in-game.
I'm hyped!

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
People are talking about the character voices as if they could hear them. Might I please listen to them too?
I hope someone will upload a stream soon enough. (From the tournament, maybe?) I've played the new patch myself, but I can appreciate things a lot better when watching other people. ;)

My favourite thing right now is Paprika's stuck-out-tongue noise. And Ari when her rope misses. And Tian appreciating her opponent's moves. And everything else.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's a sheepish accent (because yeah, American's just can't do Scottish accents. Sorry guys, I'm surrounded by them and have one myself, it's true.) It brings to mind a less belligerent version of this:

Also, oh no, Fred's now sexy!
Lier, my english teacher can do a really good scotish acsent... of corse he desends from there and is a brit lit teacher so it may not count.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Character select qoutes for easy access samples.
Vocaroo | Voice message
I like the contrast between Ole's prim RP English accent and Fred's somewhat rougher one.
I'm getting some serious Squiggly vibes from Ollie and Fred, which is making me consider maining Ollie instead of Paprika.:fred:

Why am I complaining about this?

Last edited:

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
Somehow I'm not surprised Tara Strong's in this.

I'm a little bummed that most of the others aren't actors I'm familiar with (having mostly done anime dubs), but I love how Fred is played by Bloo/Lord Hater.

I wanna see a clip of Fred saying "It's hot in Topeka".