Them's Fightin' Herds Release Date Announced

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Amazing to hear. Tell me, do the Skullgirls promo items come to those of us who didn't buy the 2nd encore dlc?
... It was a DLC? Do you mean the characters? I was under the impression that Encore and 2nd Encore were just straight updates to the base game.

Regardless, they're specifically naming the most recent versions of the three games (Centralfiction, Xrd Rev 2, and 2nd Encore), so presumably those are the ones you have to own. Hilariously I actually have Chronophantasma Extend on my Steam account due to my friend giving me a code. I likely wouldn't have bought BlazBlue otherwise.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
I'm planning on gifting this to a friend. If he owns Skullgirls or any of the ArcSys games will he get the costumes or will he need to buy it himself to get the costumes?
Owning them should be enough. The game performs a check every time you enter pixel lobby and grants item ownership if cross promo games exist on the account.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoDragon131

Sep 26, 2017
I'm hyped! It was nice to watch how this game developed!

Sadly, 22nd of Feb is when Stellaris: Apocalypse also releases, so I wont be able to play on release, since I already made plans to play Stellaris that day with a friend.

Oh well, there's always the 23rd! (or maybe I could get some cheeky time in before he comes online.)

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Owning them should be enough. The game performs a check on first pixel lobby load and grants item ownership if cross promo games exist on the account.
I assume the bolded part doesn't mean anything for us beta backers who already launched the lobby for the first time but might not have the promo games at that point in time?

Also, this is like the weirdest kind of pottery.

>Help LabZero fund their DLC for Skullgirls (which also ended up helping Mane6 to get their engine).
>Now I get Skullgirls themed items on TFH for ending up helping fund both games.

It rhymes... kind of...

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
One thing, do we know how much it will cost for non-backers? If backers get it for $15, I'm guessing this will be in the $15-20 range?

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
One thing, do we know how much it will cost for non-backers? If backers get it for $15, I'm guessing this will be in the $15-20 range?
They said on Twitter that it's $15. Or to be super specific, $14.99 USD.

Also, something I didn't make a reference to before in the original post:

And if all the news weren't enough, we can also tell you we have a patch coming up to the Backers' Beta to introduce a pretty anticipated feature happening this week as well.
Guess it's time for some Level 3 super move action..........

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg

They also said the price earlier in this post.

Also, guess I'd be fine with any of the 4 features guessed so far. lol

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Okay. Found the Tweet. Thanks! Also yeah, it's a bit worrying to me that backers testers have seen neither hide nor hair of lvl3 supers so close to launch. Hopefully that will be it and we can sniff out any issues.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Okay. Found the Tweet. Thanks! Also yeah, it's a bit worrying to me that backers testers have seen neither hide nor hair of lvl3 supers so close to launch. Hopefully that will be it and we can sniff out any issues.
When I asked on the forums, I got "Soon" as an official dev response, so I'm certain level 3s will be coming to this game before launch. Worst case, they're not in game at launch but get added later (in Skullgirls, Double got an entire new super several years after launch).

Link

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
@ManeSix How long have you guys been with HumbleBundle?
A while. It's been hard to keep the news under wraps, but we needed things to happen (mostly the release date) before we could announce things. About... September last year, or so.

It's also why Jebailey has been helping us get the game to certain FGC events we couldn't attend ourselves.

BaG_2.0

Awful at fite game
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
... It was a DLC? Do you mean the characters? I was under the impression that Encore and 2nd Encore were just straight updates to the base game.

Regardless, they're specifically naming the most recent versions of the three games (Centralfiction, Xrd Rev 2, and 2nd Encore), so presumably those are the ones you have to own. Hilariously I actually have Chronophantasma Extend on my Steam account due to my friend giving me a code. I likely wouldn't have bought BlazBlue otherwise.

I haven't bought it because it doesn't add anything I'm interested in and all my friends stopped playing sience we're not good enough to hang with the online community anymore. I have all the other dlc otherwise.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Oh, question! if we already have certain accessories in the PL (such as the Cerebella hat), does that mean the 1.0 version will remove all the accessories we unlocked already?
The next patch (or the one right after) will be switching the Items system in the game from the current internal version to Steam Inventory based. At that point in time, a few of the items might disappear (did we mention it's a beta?, 'cause this might be a good moment to remind people) and need to be re-acquired from the salt mines or through other means (mostly story mode after public launch); The crossover cosmetics currently in will be leaving the dungeons drop tables and become cross-promo only.

Unique exceptions for this will be for the people who originally requested the items that later became promos, such as the Cerebella hat, who will still be receiving their unique-quality shiny variant items as promised.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I haven't bought it because it doesn't add anything I'm interested in and all my friends stopped playing sience we're not good enough to hang with the online community anymore. I have all the other dlc otherwise.
Hm. Maybe it was just the Encore release I'm thinking of, then. I never really kept up with the game after so I wasn't aware 2nd Encore was a paid upgrade.

BaG_2.0

Awful at fite game
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Hm. Maybe it was just the Encore release I'm thinking of, then. I never really kept up with the game after so I wasn't aware 2nd Encore was a paid upgrade.
I just checked my skullgirls install and the title says 2nd Encore, but I definitely have not purchased the dlc, my story mode is not voiced and it's not listed in my dlc list.

I'm very confused.

Barnacle Ed

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
While I stopped playing TFH for a long while now, I have been keeping on tabs with things by regularly checking the forums here to monitor progress on the game. My friend who streams on Mixer (he's a partner btw) is interested in this game...mainly to kick my badonkadonk over Saturn =(.

Anyway, I am pretty surprised that the release will be in February, as it was pretty hush hush from you guys and I had a hard time finding any info on current development in any shape or form. However, there is one question I have that probably hasn't been answered yet:

When do people get contacted regarding their pledge tiers extras? I pledged a good amount for the campaign (cause I believed in it of course) and besides submitting the backerkit survey, I have not heard anything about my in game/out of game items. Will they be in the launch or added later on? I'm sure other tiers are wondering this too if they haven't had any news.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
$14.99?!? But the game tier for backers was $15!
This just in, despicable Dev team cheats adoring fans out of 1 whole cent each!

JK. Great job Mane6. There wasn't a force on earth that could stop you from making something you were passionate about, and I wish you every success. I'm definitely going to try and get my friends to try this game out.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(rubs hands in anticipation) I am so getting ready to buy it, though I was hoping that the Rap song was going to be in the trailer since it's a bit of a ear jingle. I am curious if the fighters keep the variant costumes on awhile battling.

And given you guys will have the opportunity to put in new characters, it makes me wonder if they will have Lawyer Friendly Equines traits as well.