Level 3 supers?

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
The characters don't seem to have level 3 supers in the current beta version. Are there any plans to add them later? Lawyer-unfriendly Equines had them, so it's sad that they're missing here.

Reactions: JetN

JunaECBS

BetaBoi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Brazil
I'd guess they'll be there come full release. It was just not a priority up to this point, given they are more for "show" than for "utility" (which levels 1 and 2 are).
And since you brought up the other game, well... there's not really a 1:1 correspondence to what they had, is there? And if there is, then maybe they shouldn't be much alike. Put a little more distance and come up with new stuff for it.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
"I was thinking Paprika's level 3 will be like a hug of death type deal
Assuming not too much changed from Lawyer-unfriendly Equines, Paprika's level 3 actually will be some kind of special mode/stance that replaces all her attacks with a super-powerful hug grab.

Last edited:

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Here are my guesses for Level 3s:

• :arizona:: Fancy lasso grapple that involves spinning a lot and slamming the opponent into the ground many times.
  • :oleander:: Big explosion of dark magic around her.
  • :Velvet:: Traps the enemy in a big block of ice. Then she automatically attacks the block of ice several times until it's carved into an ice sculpture that is different for each character, and then the ice block explodes.
  • :Paprika:: Like I mentioned above, some kind of special stance that replaces all her attacks with a hug/grab attack that does huge damage.
  • :Pom:: All her dogs temporarily follow her and attack when she does, like Double's "Catellite Lives" from Skullgirls.
  • :Tianhuo:: She grabs her opponent and flies straight up offscreen. Pan up to her still holding her opponent, doing a cool flip, and creating a big fire explosion that propels her back down where she slams her opponent into the ground.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I dreamed up some Level 3s forever ago. I don't know how far Mane6 is willing to go on animating and drawing these things out, but it's fun to think of how epic they could be. I had flashes of UMVC3 cinematic supers in my head, though I doubt TFH is gonna go THAT far. Guess we'll see?

:arizona: Foenum Rodeo - Command grab. Hog ties the opponent with her lasso and does an exaggerated version of her normal throw, where she bucks the tied opponent into the air off her head and back over and over, before leaping up, nabbing the rope in her teeth and flinging them downward, sending them spinning like a top and crashing into the ground hard, causing a crater to form.

:Velvet: Curtain Call - Mid-range ice strike. Freezes the opponent in place as a blizzard forms all around them. Velvet performs a dancing routine, swaying her body and her limbs around, with blasts of the blizzard buffeting the opponent over and over and increasing the size of their ice prison. She finishes with a final epic pirouette and a pose, and the ice prison explodes into shards.

:Paprika: Soul Mates - Shuma-Gorath style install, which is to say she becomes visibly "powered up" and her Heavy attacks are replaced with a quick, unblockable strike that acts like a grab. If the strike connects, she grabs the opponent in one of her signature bone-crushing hugs, yelling out all sorts of crazed things about how she loves them and they'll be together forever, squeezing them over and over and building up damage until she goes too far and they fly out of her legs in an explosion of floof.

:Pom: Caretaker's Rage - Close-up gaze attack. Pom finally lets anger get the best of her, the opponent left shocked by her change in demeanor, and Pom commands her entire 'horde' to attack. A quick stampede of puppies sends the opponent tumbling, and both the mom and dad dogs perform an exaggerated tag team combo, bouncing the opponent around and eventually leaving them slammed to the ground, as Pom recovers from her anger and immediately begins regretting her command.

:oleander: Final Ritual - Mid to long range projectile blast, or perhaps a tracking attack from under the opponent (think Dr. Strange's supers in UMVC3). The opponent is trapped in dark magic when hit, as Fred himself rises up and takes hold. Oleander's eyes glow brightly, chanting the incantation, her body and her book raging with magic, horn glowing larger and larger. Fred raises the trapped opponent high into the air, and finally Ole lets loose a doomsday Final Flash/Iron Avenger/Metsu Hadoken blast of energy over the prone opponent for tons of hits, with Ole eventually collapsing forward when the super ends (and recovering in time to get back to normal gameplay).

:Tianhuo: Ancestor's Fury (or something similar in Chinese to fit the names of her other two supers) - A dashing forward strike that can also be performed in the air. Tian strikes the opponent multple times using swift dashes back and forth, eventually leaving them flopped onto the ground in a heap. Then she flies up into the air above them, yells out some sort of battle cry, and her fiery mane blazes brightly, raging like an inferno and transforming into a giant shape of a dragon's head, which then inhales and breathes a mighty flamethrower downward on the prone opponent for bunches of hits.

I have an active imagination~

Korencz11

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
korencz11.deviantart.com
I dreamed up some Level 3s forever ago. I don't know how far Mane6 is willing to go on animating and drawing these things out, but it's fun to think of how epic they could be. I had flashes of UMVC3 cinematic supers in my head, though I doubt TFH is gonna go THAT far. Guess we'll see?

:arizona: Foenum Rodeo - Command grab. Hog ties the opponent with her lasso and does an exaggerated version of her normal throw, where she bucks the tied opponent into the air off her head and back over and over, before leaping up, nabbing the rope in her teeth and flinging them downward, sending them spinning like a top and crashing into the ground hard, causing a crater to form.
If something like this happens, it will forever be called the Beef Yoyo in my eyes.

neopokekun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
:Velvet:: Ice. As in Velvet saying "Ice her!" then cassually walks off as a mob of pinstripe suit wearing Ice Sprites with Tommy guns rushes the stage to swiftly deal with the opponent (while also informing the opponent that Velvet sends her regards). Oh and those background characters, they saw nothing. The scene was like this when they got here, that's their story and they're sticking to it.

Ok maybe not but I'm probably pretty close.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
:Velvet:: Ice. As in Velvet saying "Ice her!" then cassually walks off as a mob of pinstripe suit wearing Ice Sprites with Tommy guns rushes the stage to swiftly deal with the opponent (while also informing the opponent that Velvet sends her regards). Oh and those background characters, they saw nothing. The scene was like this when they got here, that's their story and they're sticking to it.
FACTION KILL!

Actually, that reminds me more of

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Got a few LV3 supers of my own. Might post up some more ideas of LV3 super at a later date [Hopefully b4 the game comes out]. Some of these attacks could also be supers or have a Level 3 super version of them.
I think I got a few others Lv3 ideas somewhere in the BACKER LOUNGE.

Paprkia Lv3 Supers
Neat Ideas
Neat Ideas
Neat Ideas

Pom Lv3 Super
Neat Ideas

Velvet Lv3 Supers
Neat Ideas

Tianhuo Lv3 Super
Neat Ideas

Oleander Lv3 Super
Neat Ideas
https://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?threads/nappy-worklogs-updated-5-15-2017.226/page-8#post-24008
https://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?threads/nappy-worklogs-updated-5-15-2017.226/page-8#post-24133

Arizona Lv3 Super
Neat Ideas

Goat Lv3 Supers
Neat Ideas
Neat Ideas

Lv3 Super ideas
https://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?threads/nappy-worklogs-updated-5-15-2017.226/page-8#post-25127

Last edited:

Kastor

Mar 14, 2018
  • :Tianhuo:: She grabs her opponent and flies straight up offscreen. Pan up to her still holding her opponent, doing a cool flip, and creating a big fire explosion that propels her back down where she slams her opponent into the ground.
Even better, no up pan, just the top of the screen being illuminated by a off screen explosion.

The move is too awesome to be shown. That's how Fast Blue Pone would have wanted it.

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
For Oleander, how about this: Fred grabs the opponent and stuffs them into his book. You see them in a dark void and Freds head appears in the background. Then it cuts to outside where Oleander is sipping some tea or filing her hooves while the book is wildly thrashing around before spitting out the opponent again.

Reactions: Someoneman

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
For Oleander, how about this: Fred grabs the opponent and stuffs them into his book. You see them in a dark void and Freds head appears in the background. Then it cuts to outside where Oleander is sipping some tea or filing her hooves while the book is wildly thrashing around before spitting out the opponent again.
The part with Fred should be a first person cinematic like Valentine's Level 3 in Skullgirls.