Who is best ungulate?

• Total voters

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
OKAY ...fine.
Sure, we know who we voted for and who we like. That's pedestrian. The question on my mind is: Why do you like them?
Spill! Cuz I don't get it. Just what is so good about Oleander, ay?
What's not to like? She goes out of her way to show that magic of all kinds should be accepted, despite the fact that it makes her an outcast among her own people. She has a rather cute side to her too, having nicknamed the eldritch abomination she derives power from 'fred' and have you seen her bookmark? Oleander is basically the only champion who's personal reasons for becoming a champion go beyond "I guess I'll be a hero" (And 2 of the champions don't even have THAT reason). Thus, I like, respect, and want Oleander to find great success in her endeavors.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
OKAY ...fine.
Sure, we know who we voted for and who we like. That's pedestrian. The question on my mind is: Why do you like them?
I can't speak for anyone else, but my reasons are pretty simple. I like magic users (my username isn't just an Oleander reference). I like morally gray characters who attempt to use controversial things for good purposes. Probably most importantly, I'm very likely to enjoy playing her more than any other character for reasons I can't disclose. Besides, I seem to have a tendency to like "edgy" characters. I mained Nash in Street Fighter V, after all.

I also think Oleander is interesting for being the closest thing the game has to a playable villain at the moment. Aside from Velvet, the other characters aren't remotely sinister. Even then, the only thing "evil" about Velvet is her ego, while Oleander is straight up allied with a demon.

Besides, have you heard what her theme does to the stage songs? That's some epic RPG jams right there.

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth
OKAY ...fine.
While I do like Oleander (she a cute), there’s something about Tian that I just like more. It may be the fact that she’s from a culture that’s somewhere between the Turians and the Cabal, and she’s technically the only character that has any real combat training. Given that I’m a huge fan of military history, she’s freakin’ perfect for being the Keeper, provided she also has an adept understanding of military tactics.

She’s also really, really cute.

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
I like Cow's.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

lol but seriously.. honestly I like Ari because she WAS AJ in a past life of sorts.. I've read everyone's lore (super cool stuff) and I like hers but.. since these are brand new characters, I may change my mind someday (most likely based on who I main). but for now I'm stickin' with my favorite Cow Girl.:arigrin2:

sorry if I already said something like this before... I'm having deja vu

Falco

Ace Pilot
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
OKAY ...fine.
Oleander's backstory was one of the more interesting ones in my opinion and I do like her character design.

When it comes to her gameplay, she's got a really versatile range of movesets and i personally found her the easiest character to pick up.

Things I find good on Oleander:
  • Her moves have good range. If you space her well, she can still reach her opponents at a close to mid range.
  • She's got chapter traps and a projectile (fel spark). Both of these can be used to force your opponents to approach you while you wait for a whiff to punish.
  • teleports (and a reversal for the magic tele) that can be used offensively and defesively. Can be used with chapter traps and fel spark to set up some crossups.
  • All her magic moves steal super meter.
  • A double jump that's unique to her. Can be used to cancel an aerial into anything else (only on hit). Fel sparks can be double jump cancelled anytime.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
I think I figured it out, guys. Anukan has been rigging the poll.
I like ice. Ice is nice. Had a fascination with it since I was a wee little boy.
Literally the most shallow reason to like a character.
Hey, that's part of the reason Velvet is (probably?) my second favorite.
I like Cow's.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

lol but seriously.. honestly I like Ari because she WAS AJ in a past life of sorts.. I've read everyone's lore (super cool stuff) and I like hers but.. since these are brand new characters, I may change my mind someday (most likely based on who I main). but for now I'm stickin' with my favorite Cow Girl.:arigrin2:

sorry if I already said something like this before... I'm having deja vu
Everyone's opinions could change after we get more of the story lol. That's part of the reason I'm not too excited for story mode. It's fun to develop your own interpretations and scenarios. I don't want my bad headcanons ruined Mane6. :arisad:

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
OKAY ...fine.

She has a cool story, and nice design, and a cool story.
I like her because she's a good guy that does bad guy things, using dark magic and making pacts with demons, things that vanilla heroes almost never do, these kind of heroes are both better and less restrained that other heroes imo. I also like characters that make pacts with the dark to obtain things that they want, especially if they are still in control after doing so.

She also reminds me of this for some reason.
Tfw+no+eldritch+gf_9a5aa3_6286996.jpg

I like ice. Ice is nice. Had a fascination with it since I was a wee little boy.
Literally the most shallow reason to like a character.
Seems like a valid enough reason to me.

Reactions: Tox and ty4brawl

Korencz11

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
korencz11.deviantart.com
OKAY ...fine.
:aricool: Best girl is in fact best because BEST GIRL.
But for realz tho, It's part because she used to be best horse and at the moment fits the way I play games the best. As far as lore goes, I've more or less expanded her personality on my own while we wait for the game to do that and I still like this personality the best, even though I'm just flying jankily down head cannon road.

I'm having deja vu
I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE!
HIGHER ON THE STREETS
AND I KNOW IT'S MY TIME TO COME HOME!

Dec 21, 2017
Lala Land
Coming in with a tiebreaker of sorts, in favor of Paprika. As good as it is to see that apparently every character is just about equally beloved........we still need to find out who's really the best, right? Hopefully just about every user has voted by now, including Mane 6 themselves.