Animal ideas for other fighting archetypes

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Welp, if that's the case or not, I just thought of an idea (the Hippogriff wasn't originally mine o3o)! What if there was a character like Q-Bee from Darkstalkers? Where it's an insect in the guise of an ungulate instead of a human.
That got me thinking about looking into animals that can shapeshift.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
Here's an interesting bit of mythology. Traditionally, shapeshifters (also known as changelings) are faeries left in the place of a human child. The child faerie takes the shape of a human to blend in. However, the word faerie (which the word fairy is derived from, I believe) has a broad meaning. It can refer to any creature from European mythology, not just little people with wings.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a really awkward, roundabout way is that it would be really interesting to see Mane6 create their own take on faeries, presumably making them ungulates in some way, and possibly able to shapeshift. They could take the route of making them have insect traits, like pixies/sprites, or make them more bestial, like goblins or trolls. Better yet, base them off leprechauns! That would be pretty interesting.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Here's an interesting bit of mythology. Traditionally, shapeshifters (also known as changelings) are faeries left in the place of a human child. The child faerie takes the shape of a human to blend in. However, the word faerie (which the word fairy is derived from, I believe) has a broad meaning. It can refer to any creature from European mythology, not just little people with wings.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a really awkward, roundabout way is that it would be really interesting to see Mane6 create their own take on faeries, presumably making them ungulates in some way, and possibly able to shapeshift. They could take the route of making them have insect traits, like pixies/sprites, or make them more bestial, like goblins or trolls. Better yet, base them off leprechauns! That would be pretty interesting.
My first thought went to changelings as well, but I'm looking for something different than what lfe went with.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com

This would be a good way for them to construct the Mokujin/Double character. Which I hope can be something in this game. Especially because I can't decide who I like fighting with so it'd be good if I could just play them all at the same time lol

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
While I like the look of the spideer, I don't think spiders count as Ungulates. Have they said that they were going to add non-ungulate characters? I think I read before that they want to add the predators as playable down the road, but I forget where, so it could have been speculative.
Eww-Gross.gif

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
In my eyes, all spiders are enemy spiders.

To be honest, if they choose to invent their own mythological creatures rather than re-purposing existing ones, anything is possible.
...Human with hoofed feet when?
You mean satyrs?
...or "centaurs", if hooves >2. And honestly, humanoids are probably bottomester tier on the list of things we'd be interested in doing.

Meanwhile, on "things we should add to target practice"...

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
I like the idea of a Razorback. Similar archetype to Arizona if not more agressive.

I made a sketch a while ago but it was poor quality so Im not going to post it. @_Vidz_ amazing work with his character Knick Knack has inspired me to do the same for my little Razorback. Expect this in the future feom me.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
I like the idea of a Razorback. Similar archetype to Arizona if not more agressive.

I made a sketch a while ago but it was poor quality so Im not going to post it. @_Vidz_ amazing work with his character Knick Knack has inspired me to do the same for my little Razorback. Expect this in the future feom me.
Yeah, Knick knack is great. I'd be interested to see others put into a character the amount of work that Vidz has put into his.