Background Easter Egg

Flame

May 26, 2017
I'm gonna start off by saying I don't know much about the lore so my source is @Redness for all the details about Oleander and FHTNG, he is also my source for all of the lore.

@Redness found the background text and asked me to help him out and I went on an Adderall fueled binge for the last hour figuring this out.

I was trying to figure out what the runes were on this background were and I noticed the two goat looking things, I thought of Baphomet, If you do not know who that is he is basically a deity that Satanists worship and originated from The early 14th century Medieval Latin (I think...) I'll give credit to @Delusional Dreamer for noticing the brawlic version and the very bony scrawny version but Baphomet is meant to represent the "sum total of the universe" (e.g. male and female, good and evil, etc.). *Right off of Wikipedia btw* so that just solidified the fact that it was Baphomet for me. Another detail that just added on to the deity Baphomet is that FHTNG is a demon and Baphomet basically represents the devil so those two kinda mix. I'm still trying my best to translate the runes and I'll keep everyone on here updated.

(EDIT)
If you go over to you see the same Ying/Yang type thing with Baphomet going on behind FHTNG.

(YET ANOTHER EDIT)
So I'm basically 100% sure that the runes are in latin. If you look at the prologue of The Book Of Lore on Mane6's page you can read that the world is based in Fœnum (latin word for grass or hay) and Baphomet is from latin lore.

And quite a bit of characters from the game have responded to this thread and @Redness status update so I don't think I'm over thinking it...

Last edited:

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know if it's relevant or if people mentioned it before, but jacking up the brightness and contrast on the backgrounds reveals hidden text:

Untitled.png

To view me is thine aspiration,
My voice to hear, my countenance to see;
Thy powerful yearning moveth me,
Here am I! - What mean perturbation
Thee, unicorn, shakes? Thy soul's high calling, where?
Where is the breast, which from itself a world did bear,
And shaped and cherished - which with joy expanded,
To be our peer, with us, the Spirits, banded?
Where art thou, Oleander, whose voice has pierced to me,
Who towards me pressed with all thine energy?
She art thou, who, my presence breathing, seeing,
Trembles through all the depths of being,
A writhing worm, a terror-stricken form?
My current headcanon is that Oleander's into writing edgy poetry, and this is a sample of her work.

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Yes, There is a (almost) direct quote from Faust: A Tragedy in most (if not all) of the images. I'm sure thats have something to do with Fred, but I'm trying to figure out what language those symbols in the the Symbol background that @Flame posted are in. Anyone have good knowledge on symbols like this? :/
Sidenote: This thread kinda migrated from one of my status posts if anyone wants to read up on that heres a link:

Last edited:

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
Hello Oreo
...what? I have no idea what's going on. I actually didn't see the text until someone pinged me on Discord and asked me what's going on. And I haven't seen it at all on the forums as a background yet. I knew about the old stream sketches, but this is news to me. I kinda just have to take you guys' word that this is actually there.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Funny you should say that, Flame said that it reminded him of a number. I don't know anything about these things but imagine if it were a date lol
If it's a number for a date, my guess is it's something along the lines of: 0? 0? 18

Which means if it is the release date then it's next year. I think that they're 0? and not 12 1? Because then the 5th symbol would also mean 1 for 17 or 18. But that seems to be getting ahead of ourselves till we find a proper translation.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
...what? I have no idea what's going on. I actually didn't see the text until someone pinged me on Discord and asked me what's going on. And I haven't seen it at all on the forums as a background yet. I knew about the old stream sketches, but this is news to me. I kinda just have to take you guys' word that this is actually there.
I can confirm its there, and I'm definitely not in on any Halloween pranks. Just keep refreshing the main page with the Halloween theme on and you'll see them flash in the background. Though I don't personally use the Halloween theme atm. :fred:

Having the developers imitate the main characters is definitely an... unexpected Halloween prank though.:arishock2:

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Last rune (the one that looks like a seven) has the same shape as the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc "oak" rune, but backwards, same is true for Dalecarian "f" rune.

Someone trick /x/ into solving this for us and we'll have an answer in no time.

UPDATE
Last rune is "a" in camunic runes, second last rune is the same shape as a backwards "m" in the same language.

Last edited:

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Last rune (the one that looks like a seven) has the same shape as the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc "oak" rune, but backwards.

Flame said that he was gonna consult them but he kinda wanted to solve it himself because it would be more rewarding.
also... inverted "oak" what could that mean?

Alevgor

Canis Imaginatus
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If it is solvable. I mean runes were not even there until recently, maybe they'll add another piece of the puzzle later.

Reactions: Redness

Worira

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Demon.png in the backer wallpaper set also has runes, which may or may not be repeats of bits of the twitter announcement. Also emphasis on a few of the words in the text (Oleander me me She art thou my presence).

Flame

May 26, 2017
Demon.png in the backer wallpaper set also has runes, which may or may not be repeats of bits of the twitter announcement. Also emphasis on a few of the words in the text (Oleander me me She art thou my presence).
would you be able to send a picture of the wallpaper to me?