On Pre-NDA lift Patches

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let people know that folks in the $40 and above tiers should be seeing a beefy update to the game either tonight or tomorrow, unless "act of God"-tier catastrophes (e.g Hurricanes, 8.2 earthquakes, state-wide fires) intervene, that is. Amongst the customary tweaks, fixes and features, this next update introduces the first iteration of single player Arcade Mode to the game, so please give it a try and throw us some feebdack in the Beta sections of the forums. It also contains the Full Dynamic Music System experience, with all character/stage variations available to listen to as you pummel ungulates. Then the next major patch (somewhere this week) will be focusing on introducing fullscreen mode and screen resolution changes, as well as several QoL fixes to Pixel Lobby and menu navigation.

All of this in prepration for NDA lift for Backer's Beta, which will be happening on Friday, September 15. More information on what NDA lift entails (i.e. what is and what's not allowed) will be forthcoming as the lift itself happens.

For the folks that haven't been able to participate in the closed Backer's Beta, NDA lift means you'll be getting your first-in-a-while look at all the game progress made since we entered the Beta from people streaming their experience, making videos and (hopefully!) bringing it to their local cons and tournaments. You might be noticing some rough edges here and there, but mechanically, the base game's mostly there, and all that remains is filling the graphical blanks and polish the corners a bit. We're (as usual), working full time to make sure that happens.

From NDA Lift onwards, we enter the very last bits of development on the road to the 1.0 public release (the Available-on-Steam launch, that is), which, unless the aforementioned catastrophes strike (and we hope they don't), will be happening before 2017 comes to a close, with DLC 1 (Goat) and Mac/Linux ports coming in the first half of 2018.

We've also got some other stuff cookin', which, if all things align properly, means good things for TFH in the future, and which we'll hopefully be able to tell you guys about a bit closer to 1.0 release.

As always, thanks for sticking with us through all of the game's development; We hope you like what you see!

- M6.​

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
"For the folks that haven't been able to participate in the closed Backer's Beta, NDA lift means you'll be getting your first-in-a-while look at all the game progress made since we entered the Beta from people streaming their experience, making videos and (hopefully!) bringing it to their local cons and tournaments. You might be noticing some rough edges here and there, but mechanically, the base game's mostly there, and all that remains is filling the graphical blanks and polish the corners a bit. We're (as usual), working full time to make sure that happens."

To clarify, does that mean we can share what we've seen and discussed about the beta up to this point? For example, if we have a beta channel on a discord server, could we open it up for everyone to read and comment in?

Jeanette

Mystique.pins
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 18, 2017
I can not seem to find a link to download the beta for this game. can anyone link it to me? Or point me in the right direction? thank you. >..<~

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
"For the folks that haven't been able to participate in the closed Backer's Beta, NDA lift means you'll be getting your first-in-a-while look at all the game progress made since we entered the Beta from people streaming their experience, making videos and (hopefully!) bringing it to their local cons and tournaments. You might be noticing some rough edges here and there, but mechanically, the base game's mostly there, and all that remains is filling the graphical blanks and polish the corners a bit. We're (as usual), working full time to make sure that happens."

To clarify, does that mean we can share what we've seen and discussed about the beta up to this point? For example, if we have a beta channel on a discord server, could we open it up for everyone to read and comment in?
That falls on the "what is and isn't allowed" clarification, details of which are to come up on Friday.

Short answer, though: Footage (videos/screenshots/etc) from builds released while NDA is in effect are most likely to be still covered by NDA, even after the lift, since the entire point of it was to keep the too-unfinished footage from making the rounds 'round the web.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
That falls on the "what is and isn't allowed" clarification, details of which are to come up on Friday.

Short answer, though: Footage (videos/screenshots/etc) from builds released while NDA is in effect are most likely to be still covered by NDA, even after the lift, since the entire point of it was to keep the too-unfinished footage from making the rounds 'round the web.
Gotcha. Thanks for gettin' back to me.

sokolgs

TFH Streamer
Jan 4, 2017
Russia, Moscow city
bringing it to their local cons and tournaments
As i PM'd before my Everfree Festival's tournament supposed to be on 17-th of September, but it's so close... I have to find a way to get the game running there...
If i fail, then we're gonna have a tournament with the previous game. That's no cool in such a time.
Also there's another DerpFest with our tournament in 4-th November. :aricool:

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OH GAWD ARCADE MODE and the dynamic music, nice~ Are the last of the animations gonna get cleaned up too, either in the first patch or the second one? Either way, I'm excited.

We've also got some other stuff cookin', which, if all things align properly, means good things for TFH in the future, and which we'll hopefully be able to tell you guys about a bit closer to 1.0 release.
And don't think I didn't notice this part. What're you guys hidin :3

Last edited:

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Good thing that last week's earthquake was like 9 megatons shy of the specified limit, otherwise we wouldn't have a NDA lift.
On topic, will a beta section on the forum become visible to non beta-testers after the lift? (Maybe not the current one, just to allow people without purple banners to witness the feebdack process or something) Or will this be included in friday's clarification?

Reactions: PinkieFTW

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Good thing that last week's earthquake was like 9 megatons shy of the specified limit, otherwise we wouldn't have a NDA lift.
On topic, will a beta section on the forum become visible to non beta-testers after the lift? (Maybe not the current one, just to allow people without purple banners to witness the feebdack process or something) Or will this be included in friday's clarification?
This will be clarified. Simply put, as stated above, the whole NDA was to keep the super broken or unfinished parts out of public eye. Making the beta forums visible contradicts that completely.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
We might also be inviting a few people outside the Backers' Beta pool to try the game, give us their opinion and maybe give the game a bit of promotion ahead of live release. We don't yet know who or how many, but we're giving it a think already.
Any updates on this yet?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Don't tease us, dude. Getting impatient will only make this week feel eternal.
Patience, grasshopper, you only have a few more days and the floodgates will open. The music is delicious and worth the wait.

Rayem

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 20, 2017
I physically squeed* on sheer muscle reaction while reading the post. I got well deserved stares from around the room. My skills may not be ready, yet I am prepared.

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016

Out of curiosity, what about in the far future, when the well-polished version has become widespread enough that it's the first thing anyone would ever see of the game? Would releasing pre-NDA lift footage be allowed then?

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
When you say Arcade Mode, you mean with a Game Over screen, followed by a countdown clock in which you have to put in something to replay at your last saved point, right? Like with each fight you get prize money, but if you lose, your collection gets smaller if you choose to continue?

MSTieScott

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 13, 2016
the patch ready guys?
I'd assume not, since it hasn't been uploaded yet.

Does the NDA prevent me from discussing misinformation about features that aren't included in the game? For example, Oleander's move that causes her opponent to grow an extra foreleg, making dashes impossible, currently doesn't work on Arizona when she's performing her methane attack.

Alxreaper

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd assume not, since it hasn't been uploaded yet.

Does the NDA prevent me from discussing misinformation about features that aren't included in the game? For example, Oleander's move that causes her opponent to grow an extra foreleg, making dashes impossible, currently doesn't work on Arizona when she's performing her methane attack.
Just let them dream for a while longer.

ChaosContrl

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I suppose an "act of God"-tier catastrophe happened then... I hope everything is alright.

edzepp

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 26, 2017
Edit: Well, never mind then. There we go.

Last edited:

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hey! It dropped! Looking forward to testing after work

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Could you upload videos of the dynamic music to YouTube? It would generate extra hype for us non-BETA-backer folks.

EDIT: Forgot a word

Last edited: