The Fightin' Fœnatics, V2 (Updated 5/3/17: HIATUS IS OVAH!)

What skill level of play would you best assign to yourself?

• Total voters

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I've been looking forward to this for awhile now.
Personally, I've been trying to delve into and discover ways to teach new gamers how to play fighting games without things feeling like a 1-sided beat-down or stealing away fun.
As it stands, life is too busy for me to participate on a consistent schedule, but I'm very interested.

Reactions: Songhacker

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Cool I think I found the right place. I've always been a fan of fighting games, but always been terrible at them (I did play a little SFII in arcades back in the day.) Lol with regards to fighting games, most of my childhood was spent getting bodied by my cousins who were way better at various fighting games on SNES (SFII, Mortal Kombat, KI, etc.) They would always completely destroy me, but not show me what I needed to do to get better.

As a gamer, I've traditionally stuck to single player or co-op things; multiplayer competitive games have never been my forte. I would like to aim to change that.

Currently have a bunch of friends who play various fighting games (not at like pro level or anything, but they're all pretty good. Would like to train up to their level.) I've mostly gotten excited about FGC stuff so far by watching, first just watching automated Mugen fights on Saltybet, and then in the last couple of years, I went with said friends to EVO a couple times, and that was hype. I actually finally took a major leap and picked myself up a decent fightstick (a Hori RAP V stick) and want to see if I can step up to actually playing instead of just watching =) I've been following TFH since back when it was Fighting is Magic. This game seems like the perfect one to get into for me since it's the intersection of fighting games (which I was already interested in) and the fact that I was already a brony =)

Anyway, nice to meet everyone here, super hyped for TFH!

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Kylgore

Has the beginner's gung-ho spirit!
Jun 9, 2017
Hello. This seems like a good thing to be a part of. Could somebody send a discord link?

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Since the NDA has been lifted, we are planning on doing a stream to show off as many features currently in the beta. I would like to recommend non beta backers catch our stream as it will be hosted by @MPK who has some extensive hands on time with the beta.

Catch the stream on twitch at today (16 September 2017) at 6 PM EST.

I will update this post with the Youtube archive when it has been uploaded.

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Since the NDA has been lifted, we are planning on doing a stream to show off as many features currently in the beta. I would like to recommend non beta backers catch our stream as it will be hosted by @MPK who has some extensive hands on time with the beta.

Catch the stream on twitch at today (16 September 2017) at 6 PM EST.

I will update this post with the Youtube archive when it has been uploaded.
I'll be there! :D

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Another casual stream with MPK doing commentary of people's matches is planned for 6 PM EST Friday 27 October 2017. So we need some volunteers for our host. If we don't get any volunteers he will just stream some matches.

You can catch us on Twitch.

I think song brought this up before like two years ago. Can we have this thread moved to another appropriate thread like maybe general discussion? I remember our dear leader saying that it was moved to fighting game discussion because at the time we were just mainly talking about fighting games in general. Now we have a more focused attention on TFH.

Or maybe just make a brand new thread? To avoid the clutter of the old discussion about talk of other fighting games.

Please advise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
Another casual stream with MPK doing commentary of people's matches is planned for 6 PM EST Friday 27 October 2017. So we need some volunteers for our host. If we don't get any volunteers he will just stream some matches.

You can catch us on Twitch.

I think song brought this up before like two years ago. Can we have this thread moved to another appropriate thread like maybe general discussion? I remember our dear leader saying that it was moved to fighting game discussion because at the time we were just mainly talking about fighting games in general. Now we have a more focused attention on TFH.

Or maybe just make a brand new thread? To avoid the clutter of the old discussion about talk of other fighting games.

Please advise.

did i just miss this stream like, an hour ago? I got confused about the time...

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
MPK will host another commentary stream tomorrow night at 6 PM EST (3 November 2017). We will need some volunteers during the stream and I would appreciate people to join in during the stream 10 minutes before the start at the earliest. We will meet in the game's pixel lobby.

To ensure the maximum amount of matches I will outline some protocol to follow.
- While MPK is watching a match, I (rich jammer) will ask players who would like to be on stream next.
- When I find a match, I will inform MPK that you would like to be on stream.
- He will walk up to you to spectate your next match and it is up to the player(s) I chose to initiate the match with each other.

Even if I choose a player for the next match, it is up to MPK, the streamer, whether to spectate your fight or not. Please note he may not want to spectate your match if your ping is too high from his.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
Can I request something for the next stream?

Every stream I've seen (not just the Foenatics) use Arizona's pixel lobby. I'm curious to see what Velvet's is like. It is in the beta, isn't it? I hope so, or this is comment is going to look seriously stupid.

Borin

saw right through that.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Seattle, Washington

Every stream I've seen (not just the Foenatics) use Arizona's pixel lobby. I'm curious to see what Velvet's is like. It is in the beta, isn't it? I hope so, or this is comment is going to look seriously stupid.
We only have access to the Arizona Map. We would have to have Cam change the map back to the Old/Buggy Velvet Map.

Reactions: Mage and TheGoldenW

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester

The old Velvet map is exactly the same as you see in the old work stream videos. So if you are curious you can check those out.

We only have access to the Arizona Map. We would have to have Cam change the map back to the Old/Buggy Velvet Map.
I think we still have access to the old Velvet map. Anyone can host it. There's a guide to host a pixel lobby somewhere on the site.

Reactions: Mage and TheGoldenW