Kingdom Hearts

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Yep, that would piss me off to no end. I am a near compulsive saver myself, sometimes saving right after saving because I'm only 99% sure I just saved....

But it's often when you forget to save, that games seem to crash, or something in-game happens that you want to undo.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Which one was the hardest/took the longest to get 100% on?
Birth by Sleep was hardest because of that Mysterious Figure boss fight. You also had to do everything in the game for all three characters which made it longest game to 100%.

Reactions: Tox

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Birth by Sleep was hardest because of that Mysterious Figure boss fight. You also had to do everything in the game for all three characters which made it longest game to 100%.
Yeah, I can vouch for that. Over 100 hours to 100% it while the other games only took me about 60 hours give or take.

COMPUTEROSIS

FPLOON: The Revolution
Backers' Beta Tester
I think I know WAY too many minor differences between GBA CoM and all the RE:CoM versions...

Anywho, I got into KH through GBA CoM after seeing the US commercial for it... Afterwards, I played through KH 1 and then KH 2 before pre-ordering 358/2 Days for the DS at the time... And the rest can be described as "played all of the US released KH games up until after the PS3 REMiXes since I bought the PS4 REmasters without even owning a PS4 yet"...

With that said, platinuming all of the PS3 KH trochievements was not as fun as I thought I was going to be... All of the Final Mixes (with a small exception of probably KH2FM and BBSFM) felt more of a chore to 100% complete than Jiminy's Journal in vanilla KH2, the 358 and Re:Coded "movies" ranged from being not as good as their DS counterpart to somehow being more boring than their DS counterpart, the sticker trochievement glitch in BBSFM made me waste ~5 hours to work around twice, and the lack of difficulty trochievement stacking in 1.5 almost soured the rest of my overall enjoyment of RE:CoM even though I would personally choose GBA CoM over any of the RE:CoMs...

Regardless, I still love this series enough to platinum all of the PS4 KH trochievements once I [finally] get a PS4 and wait [even more] for KH3... Also, I missed out on that special KH PS4 theme unlike that special KH PS3 theme from before...

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think I know WAY too many minor differences between GBA CoM and all the RE:CoM versions...

Anywho, I got into KH through GBA CoM after seeing the US commercial for it... Afterwards, I played through KH 1 and then KH 2 before pre-ordering 358/2 Days for the DS at the time... And the rest can be described as "played all of the US released KH games up until after the PS3 REMiXes since I bought the PS4 REmasters without even owning a PS4 yet"...

With that said, platinuming all of the PS3 KH trochievements was not as fun as I thought I was going to be... All of the Final Mixes (with a small exception of probably KH2FM and BBSFM) felt more of a chore to 100% complete than Jiminy's Journal in vanilla KH2, the 358 and Re:Coded "movies" ranged from being not as good as their DS counterpart to somehow being more boring than their DS counterpart, the sticker trochievement glitch in BBSFM made me waste ~5 hours to work around twice, and the lack of difficulty trochievement stacking in 1.5 almost soured the rest of my overall enjoyment of RE:CoM even though I would personally choose GBA CoM over any of the RE:CoMs...

Regardless, I still love this series enough to platinum all of the PS4 KH trochievements once I [finally] get a PS4 and wait [even more] for KH3... Also, I missed out on that special KH PS4 theme unlike that special KH PS3 theme from before...
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. Platinuming Re:COM was a chore if only because of the level grinding being extremely time consuming. And while I've enjoyed playing through both the original KH and KHFM multiple times (at one point, I literally did it once a year), it was irritating to have to do it on all three different difficulty settings because of the lack of trophy stacking.

In the case of the movies, I didn't really pay much attention to them just because in the grand scheme of things, they seem incredibly superfluous with the exception of a couple key details. If you're gonna give me a 3+ hour of cutscenes in one shot, then you better be doing some LOTR (extended) type s**t or else ima zone out like Gottagofast attending a college lecture.

COMPUTEROSIS

FPLOON: The Revolution
Backers' Beta Tester
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. Platinuming Re:COM was a chore if only because of the level grinding being extremely time consuming. And while I've enjoyed playing through both the original KH and KHFM multiple times (at one point, I literally did it once a year), it was irritating to have to do it on all three different difficulty settings because of the lack of trophy stacking.
Chain of Memories, in general, had terrible grinding equivalent to unnecessary padding no matter which side of the story you're playing... The lack of trochievement stacking only put more fuel to that RE:CoM fire of criticism...

In the case of the movies, I didn't really pay much attention to them just because in the grand scheme of things, they seem incredibly superfluous with the exception of a couple key details. If you're gonna give me a 3+ hour of cutscenes in one shot, then you better be doing some LOTR (extended) type s**t or else ima zone out like Gottagofast attending a college lecture.
The biggest issue I have with the movies (considering that they are considered the "definitive" versions in terms of their story relevance) is how very low-key they come off with those key details... For example, we should be caring about the relationship between
Roxas and Xion especially when they fought each other once under pure deception and the other while Xion showcased her four other forms that echoed Sora's combat movesets
in 358 or whatever
Maleficent
was actually doing in RE:Coded... The formal skips over it because that movie didn't showcase any significant combat-based moments in cutscene form like we're watching Cloud vs Sethiroth and the latter ties to pull a "LOTR: Extended Edition" on basically everything, but ends up with nothing worth extending in the first place no matter how much animation went into finally recreating those combat-based moments... like a precursor to the concept of Back Cover...*rimshot*

Anyway, as someone who played their DS counterparts more times than I probably should, those movies really do not give whatever story significance they have to the KH timeline/lore a good enough execution to not want to play the DS versions all over again and, to me, it's RE:CoM all over again... and RE:CoM almost does it better from only a cutscene perspective...

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
NEW KINGDOM HEARTS 3 TRAILER

I guess the Toy Story world was a long time coming considering Square Enix already attempted to add Woody and Buzz to KH2. Hopefully KH3 is filled with more new worlds than old. Not sure they can do much more with the older worlds.

Definitely happy to get some semblance of a release date too. I'm thinking it'll release in March since a lot of the previous games have released in March, be it in Japan or here (at least based on what I've seen).