I Just Watched/Played/Listened To _____, Here Are My Thoughts

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just a little opinion thread about the most recent piece of media you've watched, played, or listened to and your opinion on it. Can apply to anything be it music, a tv show, a movie, a game, etc.

For example:

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 the other day and wow did I love it. Saw it in IMAX 3D (because I'm one of those people) and it was totally worth it. The IMAX scenes are great and the 3D works really well. In the case of the movie itself, I feel it was just as good as the first one, Not any better or worse. I definitely intend on seeing it once or twice more before it leaves theaters.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I just watched a Japanese movie called Arashi No Yuri Ni. I enjoyed it. The art style was beautiful with overtones to traditional Japanese art, which I liked. The soundtrack was really sweet and accommodating too, which is always a plus for me.
The movie itself is about a wolf and a goat (unwittingly) becoming friends one stormy night. This creates conflict at their respective tribes ("a wolf can't be friends with a goat! etc") and stuff gets pretty intense. #nospoilers

For me, it was kinda like Romeo & Juliet (but with enough twists to make it it's own story), mixed in with a few moments that gave a Brokeback Mountain kinda vibe. But, joking aside, it was a sweet movie: I liked it. If I could cry during movies, I would have during this one at least once :'(

8/10 would recommend

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I just watched a Japanese movie called Arashi No Yuri Ni. I enjoyed it. The art style was beautiful with overtones to traditional Japanese art, which I liked. The soundtrack was really sweet and accommodating too, which is always a plus for me.
The movie itself is about a wolf and a goat (unwittingly) becoming friends one stormy night. This creates conflict at their respective tribes ("a wolf can't be friends with a goat! etc") and stuff gets pretty intense. #nospoilers

For me, it was kinda like Romeo & Juliet (but with enough twists to make it it's own story), mixed in with a few moments that gave a Brokeback Mountain kinda vibe. But, joking aside, it was a sweet movie: I liked it. If I could cry during movies, I would have during this one at least once :'(

8/10 would recommend
Did you watch it because Lanxide mentioned it was their favourite movie and they liked the OST? I actually went and acquired a copy to watch at some point because of that, though I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I like the premise well enough myself. Did you know there is a TV series as well? Obviously, I haven't seen that either.
https://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?members/lanxide.671/

Reactions: Tox

Askerad

Fabulous French Froggie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lyon, France
Okay so here comes some album recommendations :

Edit : Added some links and song picks (yes for you Tox =3)

Fragments by Ben Prunty : You know that dude who made the FTL soundtrack ? Yeah he made a new album. If you liked his work before then you'll probably like this one. Strong Songs : "Droplet Deluxe", "Drop a Funk Bomb", "Indie Gaming House Theme"

Fire by Electric Six : The bastard son of alternative rock and disco. This is cool as hell. Like seriously. Strong Songs : "I'm the Bomb", "Electric Demons In Love", "Danger! High Voltage", "Synthethiser"

Weekend Man by Royal Republic : Rock, pretty easy to get into, has some seriously cool song. Strong Songs : "People says that i'm over the top", "Weekend Man", "Here I Come (There you Go)", "Walk!"

Last edited:

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Did you watch it because Lanxide mentioned it was their favourite movie and they liked the OST? I actually went and acquired a copy to watch at some point because of that, though I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I like the premise well enough myself. Did you know there is a TV series as well? Obviously, I haven't seen that either.
That is actually exactly why I went and found it :D

Okay so here comes some album recommendations :

Fragments by Ben Prunty : You know that dude who made the FTL soundtrack ? Yeah he made a new album. If you liked his work before then you'll probably like this one.

Fire! by Electric Six : The bastard son of alternative rock and disco. This is cool as hell. Like seriously.

Weekend Man by Royal Republic : Rock, pretty easy to get into, has some seriously cool song.
I have a short attention span. Gimmie one track from each album that will hook me O.O go! =D

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
Arashi no Yoru ni is a great movie! Even though I watched it some time ago, the trials that Gabu and Mei had to go through still stick with my mind (I even remembered their names off the top of my head!). It's one of those hidden gem animated movies that's always a treat to find.

If you want two other animated films that don't really get the recognition and popularity they deserve, I suggest Ernest et Célestine and Leafie, A Hen into the Wild.

Ernest and Celestine is a French movie that almost has a similar set up to Arashi. It stars a bear and a mouse (who show a more father/daughter relationship than a potentially romantic friendly one) who end up together due to a string of unfortunate – and totally illegal – events and have to stay in hiding due to this fact. While together, they eventually bond despite their two species not really liking each other and because of their similar desires in life. The main difference between the two movies is this setup and how they resolve the conflict. I shan't spoil anything if this premise sounds interesting to you.

What really drew me in though was its beautiful painterly art style. Just look at this:

Leafie, A Hen into the Wild, on the other hand, is one of my top 10 favorite animated movies. It's a South Korean movie about a hen that cannot seem to incubate her own eggs. This causes her frustration because she's always wanted to be a mother. She eventually escapes her farm and through a string of her own crazy events, she ends up having to take care of a lone duckling. The story then branches out to show her learning how to be a mother for the first time and the frustrations that come with being a chicken raising a duck.

If you must watch this movie, I strongly recommend watching the Korean version because the English version cuts off a VERY important and emotional part at the ending. I warn you though, it's gonna punch you in the gut after watching this entire movie.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Kirikou and the Soceress is a fun little gem I stumbled upon some time ago. It is an African/French movie about a sentient baby who quests to put a stop to a witch who is tormenting his village and killing it's men. Beautiful art, sick african beats and a very wise ending. It does feature naked African women, so, yea...heads-up.

I can't find a decent trailer, but this is where I discovered it