Backers Beta: Are we there yet? // Backerkit accidentally all over the place

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Hi, folks.

We've got an update here to tackle a couple things.

Backers' Beta: Are we there yet?

If you've been reading the threads here on the forums (and you probably should, what with it being the fastest, easiest way to get up to speed on game progress), you'll have seen we mentioned we'd need to delay the Backers Beta a bit more. If you hadn't read it, well, now you know!

We ran into some technical issues with a high likelihood to affect most of the playerbase, and decided it was better to get them sorted out before opening the gates so everyone could trip on them, get frustrated the game wasn't working, and flip all the tables in our general direction... and then fix them. It'd just be an exercise in futility, knowing people couldn't play stuff but giving it to them anyways.

Our programmers have been working 'round the clock (mostly literally), to get stuff sorted. They're not HUGE INSURMOUNTABLE LET'S BURN EVERYTHING AND START AGAIN issues, but they're very likely to affect most, if not all the people playing, what with them being majorly network-stability related, with some performance things sprinkled on top. We've been optimizing the everlovin' pacafluff out of the game for low-end computer stability & performance on top of that as well, and sorting out mechanical and graphic tweaks that were going to be happening through beta, but now you guys will be getting day 1 of Backer's Beta instead.

We have thus consulted the great mythical coding beings in the sky through the sacrifice of old, busted laptops and ritual feasting (which sounded better than ritual fasting) and the oracles have responded (Read: we went "are we there yet?" at programmers until they snapped and gave us an ETA), and it looks at the moment like it'll be about two weeks of work and IV coffee until the major stuff gets put out to pasture and we can open the gates with reasonable confidence that (most) computers won't flip tables when gazing upon the game's .exe - We'll let you know as the story develops.

Back to the studio for the evening news!

Backerkit Surveys Accidentally all over the $0 tier.

Backerkit seems to have tripped wires over the weekend and sent surveys to people in the $0 reward tier (i.e. people that pledged, but elected not to receive a perk); this was an error in their system, which we're told has been fixed. Those of you who are in the $0 tier, no survey answers or further action is required on your part, and we apologize for the accidental inbox spamming. Won't happen again.

Dougboard

dang kids get off my lawn
Backers' Beta Tester
Aug 21, 2016
SW FL
Well, I'm glad at least that we can be assured that the beta will be the most stable product you guys can put out. Happy to wait a little longer, and the transparency is greatly appreciated

Reactions: Pom d'or

PolarisAegis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Heh, funny that this came just after there was a small discussion about it today. Good timing! Shame I'll have to wait another two weeks, but thanks for keeping us posted!

Reactions: Tox

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Hi, folks.

We've got an update here to tackle a couple things.

Backers' Beta: Are we there yet?

If you've been reading the threads here on the forums (and you probably should, what with it being the fastest, easiest way to get up to speed on game progress), you'll have seen we mentioned we'd need to delay the Backers Beta a bit more. If you hadn't read it, well, now you know!

We ran into some technical issues with a high likelihood to affect most of the playerbase, and decided it was better to get them sorted out before opening the gates so everyone could trip on them, get frustrated the game wasn't working, and flip all the tables in our general direction... and then fix them. It'd just be an exercise in futility, knowing people couldn't play stuff but giving it to them anyways.

Our programmers have been working 'round the clock (mostly literally), to get stuff sorted. They're not HUGE INSURMOUNTABLE LET'S BURN EVERYTHING AND START AGAIN issues, but they're very likely to affect most, if not all the people playing, what with them being majorly network-stability related, with some performance things sprinkled on top. We've been optimizing the everlovin' pacafluff out of the game for low-end computer stability & performance on top of that as well, and sorting out mechanical and graphic tweaks that were going to be happening through beta, but now you guys will be getting day 1 of Backer's Beta instead.

We have thus consulted the great mythical coding beings in the sky through the sacrifice of old, busted laptops and ritual feasting (which sounded better than ritual fasting) and the oracles have responded (Read: we went "are we there yet?" at programmers until they snapped and gave us an ETA), and it looks at the moment like it'll be about two weeks of work and IV coffee until the major stuff gets put out to pasture and we can open the gates with reasonable confidence that (most) computers won't flip tables when gazing upon the game's .exe - We'll let you know as the story develops.

Back to the studio for the evening news!

Backerkit Surveys Accidentally all over the $0 tier.

Backerkit seems to have tripped wires over the weekend and sent surveys to people in the $0 reward tier (i.e. people that pledged, but elected not to receive a perk); this was an error in their system, which we're told has been fixed. Those of you who are in the $0 tier, no survey answers or further action is required on your part, and we apologize for the accidental inbox spamming. Won't happen again.
Ok, I have word and I will put down my torch (sarcasm).
In all seriousness I am glad you are keeping us in the light with these issues! :)

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
We've been optimizing the everlovin' pacafluff out of the game for low-end computer stability & performance
You mean I bought a $9000(local currency) video card for nothing!?

It's nice of you guys to keep us up to date, tho it's kind of a shame that for all the effort you went through to avoid releasing the game in the middle of the Injustice 2 craze it seems like the beta will get sandwiched between it and Revelator 2's launch.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
You mean I bought a $9000(local currency) video card for nothing!?

It's nice of you guys to keep us up to date, tho it's kind of a shame that for all the effort you went through to avoid releasing the game in the middle of the Injustice 2 craze it seems like the beta will get sandwiched between it and Revelator 2's launch.
That's the way the cookie crumbles, sometimes. Right now, we're focusing more in making the game good than worrying about the release date. Not to say we'll delay it indefintiely, but we'd still to take a couple weeks and make it work out of the box than release it with half the wires showing.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
HOLD YOUR HORSES!

This whole campaign might just be a ruse to make people pony up the moolah. Ewe thought you could fleece me and pull the wool over my eyes, eh? Well I'm here to rein in your charade and ewe guys better pull through with the responsibility you've been saddled with. Or else I'll be jockeying to be first in line for a refund.

Sorry for all the puns, it was a spur of the moment post.

Nebula

Wat...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I am so ready for this game that 2 weeks is going to seem like 2 years :p

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I am so ready for this game that 2 weeks is going to seem like 2 years :p
Agreed. It hasn't even been a week yet...
For me and most of us regulars it really has been almost 2 years. I mean I haven't stopped getting hyped and spreading the word since the game was successfully funded. It was one hell of a ride but SO worth it. Anyway happy Whom'st'ev beta day X

PolarisAegis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
For me and most of us regulars it really has been almost 2 years. I mean I haven't stopped getting hyped and spreading the word since the game was successfully funded. It was one hell of a ride but SO worth it. Anyway happy Whom'st'ev beta day X
That may be true but once you have the smaller timeframe before you get to play, it still feels slower all the same. =P