New Forum Sections: Backers' Beta

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
So im guess olly is going to keep that uncharacteristic idle and everyone will turn into cow when they win except velvet who still has her win animation from the very start...i guess graphics comes last esp since you are constantly changing movesets and things but ya....at least its coming along nicely gameplay wise i mean..

Meguroko Sylveon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sweden
www.youtube.com
I have a question regarding the NDA...

I understand that i can´t release anything about the game on youtube until the NDA is lifted correct?
So here is my question Can i for example record beta gameplay & upload it after the NDA is lifted or Can i not Use material i recorded during the NDA at all? (& Start Fresh recordings after NDA is lifted?)

Reactions: Nix Avernal

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
So here is my question Can i for example record beta gameplay & upload it after the NDA is lifted or Can i not Use material i recorded during the NDA at all? (& Start Fresh recordings after NDA is lifted?)
Considering the initial NDA is going to be in place to allow us a bit of breathing room for catching any bugs that show up due to larger player loads, I would feel that any footage during NDA period shouldn't be shared as that might contain the stuff we're going to be watching for that we can fix. Again, we'll keep you informed on this as the time approaches.

Deerypoof

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wait... I see it now..? I am confused. Just a second ago, it wasn't there!

Adwins

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Who can i contact about an email issue? The email i originally signed up with (and also used for indiegogo) got hacked and i have no access to it. gladly it hasn't affected my ability to sign onto either of those places. would appreciate a swift response (and hope this is the right place to ask!)

Would a simple email switch on those accounts be the answer?

Szajn

Sheep
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Meadow
Hello guys. I got the Guardian Sheepdog tier for 40$ and it seems like I only have the "Crowdfund Backer" badge. I also cannot see any of those new forum sections. Any way to resolve this?

EDIT: Alright, I have just sent this to another thread.

Last edited:

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Who can i contact about an email issue? The email i originally signed up with (and also used for indiegogo) got hacked and i have no access to it. gladly it hasn't affected my ability to sign onto either of those places. would appreciate a swift response (and hope this is the right place to ask!)

Would a simple email switch on those accounts be the answer?
Hello guys. I got the Guardian Sheepdog tier for 40$ and it seems like I only have the "Crowdfund Backer" badge. I also cannot see any of those new forum sections. Any way to resolve this?
Both of you are going to want to head over to the Backer Status forum privileges area and post there. Probably the best place to do that.

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Should totally try to get the Yogscast to play the beta. :)
I feel like the beta might not be the best version for showcasing the game. It'll be for finding and smoothing out the rough areas so that the release product can be as good as possible. Once the game's in its final, polished form, I think it'd be great to see it get some attention from the youtube let's play channels, but alpha and beta games don't show up too often on those. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I don't like the Beta Backer forum being only visible for those who have beta access. Even though I don't have beta access, I know someone who does, so I'll still be playing it, and I'm interested in reading beta-related discussions. Plus, dividing the community like that can't be good.

Reactions: CactusPearGamer

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I don't like the Beta Backer forum being only visible for those who have beta access. Even though I don't have beta access, I know someone who does, so I'll still be playing it, and I'm interested in reading beta-related discussions. Plus, dividing the community like that can't be good.
The backer's Beta is going to have an initial NDA attached to it, so yes, some form of secrecy is literally going to be required due to that NDA alone. That, combined with the fact that people paid for what is an exclusive backer's only beta, is why those forums are only available to those in the beta. The normal Backer's forums are already exclusive only to backers, but I don't see you being upset for non-backers who can't see it.

A single month of beta will not divide the community, and I personally feel like that is a very silly way to justify your reasoning. No one before you has seemed upset in any way about this, mostly just people who wished they had been able to back at the beta tier when the crowdfund was live. The community is strong, and will remain strong, so long as we don't turn against each other due lack of something as silly as the Backer's Beta forum tag.

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
The backer's Beta is going to have an initial NDA attached to it, so yes, some form of secrecy is literally going to be required due to that NDA alone. That, combined with the fact that people paid for what is an exclusive backer's only beta, is why those forums are only available to those in the beta. The normal Backer's forums are already exclusive only to backers, but I don't see you being upset for non-backers who can't see it.

A single month of beta will not divide the community, and I personally feel like that is a very silly way to justify your reasoning. No one before you has seemed upset in any way about this, mostly just people who wished they had been able to back at the beta tier when the crowdfund was live. The community is strong, and will remain strong, so long as we don't turn against each other due lack of something as silly as the Backer's Beta forum tag.
Looking at the normal Backers' Forums, I honestly don't see any reason why you should keep what's in there exclusive, especially considering that the work streams are public to everyone, and that's where you show all the juicy stuff. I mean, to be fair, you show stuff like progress on the physical backer rewards, but that doesn't apply to every backer, either.
And I'm certainly upset over this. I understand that feeling that way is silly, and why it's silly, but I can't help it. Every time I go to this forum now, I remember that I passed up the opportunity to experience the game with the community I've grown to love, and I get really sad.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Looking at the normal Backers' Forums, I honestly don't see any reason why you should keep what's in there exclusive
Because that was an incentive for the crowdfund. Just as the beta is also an incentive for other tiers of the crowdfund.

And I'm certainly upset over this. I understand that feeling that way is silly, and why it's silly, but I can't help it. Every time I go to this forum now, I remember that I passed up the opportunity to experience the game with the community I've grown to love, and I get really sad.
And unfortunately, you are right. That was your decision to pass up on it, and yours alone. You can't try and bring other people away from something that they are going to receive just because you didn't, that's not how this works. I understand that you are upset, and I am sorry that you are, but it will be a very small part in the grand scheme of things. The game will hit full release soon enough and the rest of this will not matter.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Every time I go to this forum now, I remember that I passed up the opportunity to experience the game with the community I've grown to love, and I get really sad.
Don't be silly, at most you are missing about a month of playtime, it's not like you aren't ever going to play the game with everyone here, you'll just do it a few weeks later. And besides, you aren't the only who doesn't have access, there are several people here that have to wait a little while longer, and so be it, just more reason to get hyped for TFH's official release. Look on the bright side, when you do end up playing the game for the first time it won't be diminished by any of the possible bugs or problems that could occur in the beta and you can enjoy with everyone without any distractions.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I mean, I suppose the worst thing is that I won't know the fifty different resets each character can do, but I'm sure that there's going to be an overcentralizing reset on each character that will be removed upon release, forcing all the people who had the reset on muscle memory to adapt. Or something like that.
That's the spirit!

Delusional Gamer
:mad:

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I don't mind missing out on the beta too much, I just wish I knew ahead of time that it would get me restricted from a section on the forum. I understand it's probably to stop non-beta testers from cluttering up the threads, but still. At least I doubt there will be much there to read other than bug reports and early impressions, which I can see in videos and streams once the NDA is lifted anyway. So I'm not going to kick up a fuss.

"The Stunthead must excuse us. It is rude of us to commune by Backer's Beta Only forum in front of those whose wallets are impaired."
"Yes, we will post all discussion unrelated to the beta in General Discussion as a matter of courtesy."
"Unless we wish to say unflattering things about you."
"Just so."

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I mean, I suppose the worst thing is that I won't know the fifty different resets each character can do, but I'm sure that there's going to be an overcentralizing reset on each character that will be removed upon release, forcing all the people who had the reset on muscle memory to adapt. Or something like that.
I mean WE don't know the fifty resets as well and I doubt that we will learn the entire game in a month(impossible mind you with all the possible bugs and balance changes that could show up). Most of us backers have jobs/school work and I doubt that we will put +200 hours into the game prior to release, so in that respect you probably won't miss out on much "practice".
I don't know for other backers but I will definitely start creating content and streaming the moment the NDA is lifted so even then you won't really miss much

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Im probably going to be asking to watch people's broadcasts on Steam for the month lol.
The NDA will probably prohibit people from broadcasting, though.
I suppose we'll learn the details of what the beta testers can and can't do when the beta drops.
If the NDA is lifted before the beta period ends, there might be a chance for people to broadcast.

EDIT:
oops! Shame on me, I commented at the end of page 2 not noticing there were a few comments on page 3. Durr.
In light of the other comments, I'll add:

I don't know for other backers but I will definitely start creating content and streaming the moment the NDA is lifted so even then you won't really miss much
I'm not sure what to think about that myself.
On the one hand, showcasing the game and having people broadcast it is a way to gain publicity and show enthusiasm and support for the game.
On the other hand, I feel like the beta period is meant for beta testing and using it as a chance to get a head start on content creation is maybe not what devs had in mind by allowing us to pay for beta access.

I'd ask the devs how they feel about it, but I suspect they're going to lay out all the rules soon enough anyway, and I don't want to nag them about it now.

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I'm not sure what to think about that myself.
On the one hand, showcasing the game and having people broadcast it is a way to gain publicity and show enthusiasm and support for the game.
On the other hand, I feel like the beta period is meant for beta testing and using it as a chance to get a head start on content creation is maybe not what devs had in mind by allowing us to pay for beta access.

I'd ask the devs how they feel about it, but I suspect they're going to lay out all the rules soon enough anyway, and I don't want to nag them about it now.
That is kind of the reason for the NDA in the first place, to find and catch bugs. Hence if the developer thinks that the NDA is needed till release well then that is totally fine and we(beta testers) will respect it to the letter, but if they give us the all clear as it was stated in New Forum Sections: Backers' Beta then I don't see a problem starting content creation and streaming that would help expose and promote the game

Edit: I mean a lot of us regulars have already taken on the mantel of enforcing the rules and wishes of the developers themself and that includes enforcing it upon ourselfs. Eg. We don't talk about than fan game that came before TFH. We are distancing this game from the Lawyer Friendly Equines as far as possible.
That said I take the word of the Mane 6 as law, so if they say that the content creation will have to wait that is exactly what I will do

Last edited:

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, you're right.
If the devs say it's okay, then It'll be okay.
I'm looking forward to watching what players who are really skilled at fighters can do with this game.

Who knows, maybe I'll even try streaming something myself (I've never done it before).
You know, in case anyone wants to watch a newb try to learn to do a qcf, lol.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I know the details of the NDA are not yet ironed out, but I wanted to ask: Once the NDA has been lifted, will we be free to share the things we did while it was active? Or would you rather we not?

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
I know the details of the NDA are not yet ironed out, but I wanted to ask: Once the NDA has been lifted, will we be free to share the things we did while it was active? Or would you rather we not?
Most likely not. The entire point is to iron the bugs out before the game can be showed. Sharing the bugs after defeats the entire purpose.

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Currently running a FGC bi-weekly tournament in my local area. When the beta comes out, I will be looking forward to bringing it there and seeing what kind of cool stuff and bugs we can find in offline multiplayer

Reactions: Tox

TwiWrite Flare

The Adventures of Pom the Sheep
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2016
twiwrite-flare.tumblr.com
Hi there.
I'm just giving posting a shot. I've never done this here before.

I'm super excited for the game though guys and gals. I'm sure it's going to be as amazing as it looks ^_^