EVO 2017

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So the marquee lineup for the world's biggest fighting game tournament was officially announced today and it was rather exciting, with a couple of curveballs for those who have been paying attention the past few years! The following games were announced:

- Street Fighter V
- Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Injustice 2
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction
- Tekken 7
- King of Fighters 14
- One Player's Choice game based on charity donations

The 9th game on the list will be decided in Evo's 2nd ever charity drive (live right now, for 2 weeks only), to be picked from the list of:

- Mortal Kombat XL
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Skullgirls
- Pokken Tournament
- Killer Instinct
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo
- Arms
- Windjammers
- Nidhogg

The winning charity game will get a winnings pot of $10,000 + entry fees, and will also kick off the Sunday Finals at Mandalay-Bay Arena, to be streamed alongside Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, BlazBlue, and SMASH WII U.

Any of you guys follow Evo? I'm pretty damn excited for this lineup, and bringing back the charity drive is pretty hype, even if really UMVC3 and KI are the only ones that have a shot at taking it. I eagerly await to see what the attendance numbers are gonna be in a few months time.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
I like this lineup. Street Fighter is going to be hype as usual. Super excited to see BlazBlue on the main stage again, and Melee will probably be pretty good too.

I like the player's choice list. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Turbo get chosen.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm just glad Rev2 and CF are in. Already registered.
I expected Rev2, but CF was a total surprise, especially since it's gonna be a Sunday game. I kinda think Rev2 should be there instead, but I guess after 2014 BlazBlue had some of the most amazing sets we've ever seen, perhaps they want to try and capture that magic again.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I expected Rev2, but CF was a total surprise, especially since it's gonna be a Sunday game. I kinda think Rev2 should be there instead, but I guess after 2014 BlazBlue had some of the most amazing sets we've ever seen, perhaps they want to try and capture that magic again.
I agree with that, completely, but BB finals and GG finals can easily be interchangeable in terms of hype, at least for myself. I'm more focused on Rev2 myself so of course I wish it was on Sunday instead, but at least I'll be able to just go and watch the Rev2 finals live without having to pay up for the arena tickets.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Howdy! EVO 2017 is upon us and I'm heading there this weekend to catch some hype fighting game matches! Was wondering if any fellow TFH fans/backers are gonna be in Vegas for the event?

Reactions: Tox