TFHs D&D (5e) Campaign

Queezeey

Fighting game amateur
Feb 4, 2016
a desk
Someone's actually pulled it off. Mad respect. This is going down in history
I'll just chill in the Discord chat, I've only DM'd Pathfinder but I'm sure at least some knowledge should carry over. Think of me as your conscience, silently judging you.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I'll just chill in the Discord chat, I've only DM'd Pathfinder but I'm sure at least some knowledge should carry over. Think of me as your conscience, silently judging you.
We welcome your silent judgments. Also: as stated above, feel free to hop into the voice chat during the sessions.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
As a Pathfinder player I can say that SOME knowledge will carry over, but not a lot of it. Classes in 5e are much different in pathfinder.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Man I missed a lot of stuff, looks like fun maybe I will get to join when I'm less busy.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
So, I made these for the first adventure. I think it started when Zero asked me if I can make a green eyed Paprika sprite with a journalist's hat and a pouch.

So, all of these are based of Leedin's sprites, I do hope he doesn't mind I stole borrowed them.
Xianghua has been edited by KYMSnowman however, so uploading her will be his duty.
He was the first, and probably the easiest one. Just recolor the eyes, add some brown goop to certain places, and poof!
IO.png
Snowman's char, being a single white blob annoyed me greatly, as shading was hard. Obviously based off of Oli with minimal actual modifications (a lock of hair and a cloak added, all colors eaten by white magic)
Ophelia.png
Mighty Alicorn Hunter's character, with one of the most heavily modified sprite. Chest floof and horn removed, cloak and hood added. By the end I was ready to murder someone, because those horns just didn't want to come out right. Though still, I really like how it turned out.
Corvine.png
Vaampp's char (I think), the one that I'm actually the least satisfied with, simply because I just couldn't take the Pom out of it. I made the face a bit smaller, the hairdo a lot smaller, ears and tail smaller, eyes less girly, a large cloak, but it's still very Pom. also, working with so much gray is annoying.
Benson.png
As I mentioned before, there is still Xian Cena, but since that's not been made by me, I'm not gonna upload her. I leave that to the creator.

Last edited:

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
I'll take credit for the Xian sprite but not for the awesome idea. Our resident Emoji Master, Avering, deserves most of the praise for these fun little icons. I'm just flattered that he does his best to turn my silly designs into awesome pixelized caricatures despite all the color-based hardships he seems to face (SORRY AGAIN! <3).

Truth be told, the only reason I did this one for him was because he seemed to be rather busy and I thought I'd just give him a quick helping hand.

So, anyway...
Strider's character was a relatively simple recoloring job. The only thing I really had to alter was adding the monk's gi on her butt and the foreleg wrappings. I think it turned out well enough.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Y'know, you should probably edit your quote to contain the edited quote, since you're currently failing to follow your own advice.
Also, the pic survives through your reply, just thought you should know.
This may or may not be so, but methinks it wise to say as such with more diplomatic language, or to contact them privately concerning the matter.

Don't worry, that's as bad as we get w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶C̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶, and he even scolded them for it.
This is indeed true. I do want to keep things PG to PG-13ish, since I suspect that at some point a young mind or two may wonder their way into this server.

Last edited:

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
This may or may not be so, but methinks it wise to say as such with more diplomatic language, or to contact them privately concerning the matter.

This is indeed true. I do want to keep things PG to PG-13ish, since I suspect that at some point a young mind or two may wonder their way into this server.
The picture itself is barely skirting the line of what's allowed and what's not, so it staying or not is up to KYMsnowman, really; If it were entirely bannable, they would be visiting the Hold for an extended vacation of the permanent flavour already. (This is one of the no-warning-given rules, once the line's crossed).

If we get PM'd about editing the quote, we will. If they'd rather re-add it to source post, that works too. It's just a heads-up/reminder that hammers can and will swing if required.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
That all said: I plan on doing a few simple battles today. This was a little idea that kinda hit me like two days ago, but I'll be doing some on and off. I'm also toying with the idea of doing them from time to time, and anyone who wants to play in these little battles can, campaign player or no. You'll just need to have a 5e char pre-made for them ;)

In speaking of which: If anyone would like to make a 5e character, I will be happy to help. And I'm willing and able to help everyone from DnD n00bz to long-time table top vets who'd like a second pair of eyes to look at their sheets.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
I'm also toying with the idea of doing them from time to time, and anyone who wants to play in these little battles can, campaign player or no. You'll just need to have a 5e char pre-made for them ;)

In speaking of which: If anyone would like to make a 5e character, I will be happy to help. And I'm willing and able to help everyone from DnD n00bz to long-time table top vets who'd like a second pair of eyes to look at their sheets.
I've been thinking of hashing out a character sheet just to have on standby, since I've pretty much just been lurking around on the Discord.
I had a couple questions though. Are you only sticking to the four classes listed in the basic rules? And is multi-classing going to be allowed once characters start leveling up?

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I've been thinking of hashing out a character sheet just to have on standby, since I've pretty much just been lurking around on the Discord.
I had a couple questions though. Are you only sticking to the four classes listed in the basic rules? And is multi-classing going to be allowed once characters start leveling up?
Once you have your character, let's have a battle. It's kind of become my thing.

As for your questions, OC wanted to stick to the Basic Rules for this first Quest because:
1. Everyone has access to them via website that we can share with each other or pdf that you can download.
2. It's free, not a penny has to be spent.
And 3. OC wanted to have this first Quest with everyone generally around the same page and experience/exposure to DnD.

Now, AFTER the first Quest... I'm not sure, that's a question for OC.

Multiclassing? Again, that's OC's call.

Anyways, hope I shed some light on the basic rules thing or at least gave you a better understanding of our situation. And even MORE anyways, see you when you have a character to fight with!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Once you have your character, let's have a battle. It's kind of become my thing.

As for your questions, OC wanted to stick to the Basic Rules for this first Quest because:
1. Everyone has access to them via website that we can share with each other or pdf that you can download.
2. It's free, not a penny has to be spent.
And 3. OC wanted to have this first Quest with everyone generally around the same page and experience/exposure to DnD.

Now, AFTER the first Quest... I'm not sure, that's a question for OC.

Multiclassing? Again, that's OC's call.

Anyways, hope I shed some light on the basic rules thing or at least gave you a better understanding of our situation. And even MORE anyways, see you when you have a character to fight with!
As far my current campaign is concerned, I am indeed using the basic rules as presented on the offical DnD websight. Meaning four races (which I've expanded to 6 + a generic catch-all race), and four class-

Yes. They're doing the basic classes...despite the fact ya boy is a Monk because I'm the best I didn't read the rules.
HARSH EYES OF EVERLASTING JUDGEMENT

Anyway, and four classes.

That, however, only holds for the campaign I'm running. The sever is free for anyone to use for anything they wish to play (provided that whatever they do still follows the general forum rules, so as to avoid any possible issues or problems that might arise) . Zero has been hosting PvP matches (therefore what is allowed is up to Zero, what with Zero being the current host), and as far as the little mini combats I ran, I'll most likely let people play whatever they want for future fights, so long as it's a dnd 5e char ;)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Pardon the double post, but this is an official announcement for the D&D campaign I'm running:

Due to unforseen events, there is a high probability that Mighty Alicorn Hunter, who is playing Corvine Winterblood,, will be unable to play in the up coming campaign. This means that a potential slot for this up coming campaign has opened up for any who would like to try and play. If you would like to try and play in this section of this campaign, let me know either here, discord, or PM me (in either place) and we'll talk further. That said, should events unfold to allow Mighty to play, he will have priority and play in this campaign. That said, if you wanted to get in, and would have if not for Mighty being able to play having kicked you out, you will be promised a slot in the next campaign I'll be running, if you should want it.

Edit: For those who are interested, this slot will be open for one week (7 days). That is, if you'd like to try for a chance to play, you have until 11:59:59pm (2359) Work Stream time (Pacific) to contact me. That way, I can release a list of the players on the 3rd.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Greetings again! So, this post is for two reasons.

One: A reminder that if you wish to try out for the potental slot mentioned above, you have until the end of the 2nd to let me know. The process is fairly simple, as I ask you three questions. (Mostly can you play during the time slot and such things).

Two: I should have said something, but...

Today we had an open RP event for all who wanted to do some RP, or just wanted to listen. We also took the opportunity to set up a stream, and near as I can tell, record it. Though, I do have to say this, I fear the quality may be quite poor due to poor equipment on my side (since I am, at the time of typing this, visiting family and thus away from my default rig). Even so! The system is in place, and it would seem that streaming and recording the sessions will indeed be a thing!

Update: The recording failed, due to my unfamiliarity with the programs that we used. That said, I believe that we got most of the kinks ironed out and the actual sessions should be good to both stream, and be recorded.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Greetings to one and all.

We have some exciting news. Today we finished setting up our twitch channel, and recording software is in place! I should mention that the Avatar and the lovely banner are place-holders. Also, There is a new member of the team: Colorado Blue! I'd say more, but I think his pic will say everything that could be said ;)

That said, we go live and officaly begin in two days! That's this coming Saturday. Whether you're in the dnd discord server, or in the forums, feel free to swing on by and hang out for a bit. The stream will last for about 3 hours from 12:00pm (noon) to 3:00 (15:00) Workstream time (Pacific Time).

See you all there!

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
Hey, guys! Last minute reminder that the first TFH D&D campaign will be beginning at 12PM PST which is less than an hour from now! Everyone is invited to join in on the festivities.

Hop on in to the Discord server or head on over to the Twitch channel to catch the game live with us. Just make sure, if you want to listen through Discord, that you keep your microphone muted to keep the audio as clean as can be.

Here's to a fun stream!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello to everyone! So, we successfully concluded our very first session of D&D 5e. While we had to end early for various reason, we still had a bit of fun. Thank you to all, and to the many people who acted as back-up recorders. That said, the stream is up on Twitch, and I should add that I must apologize, for I got a little upset and let my passions get the better of me. That said, the stream continued on after the session officially ended, which contained much sillinness and tomfoolery. That part was also recorded, but not by Twitch. That recording will be uploaded in roughly 5 days or less from this post.

That all said, see you all next week at the same time, same place!

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
That was fun. I laughed more then I had in a while.
Hello to everyone! So, we successfully concluded our very first session of D&D 5e. While we had to end early for various reason, we still had a bit of fun. Thank you to all, and to the many people who acted as back-up recorders. That said, the stream is up on Twitch, and I should add that I must apologize, for I got a little upset and let my passions get the better of me. That said, the stream continued on after the session officially ended, which contained much sillinness and tomfoolery. That part was also recorded, but not by Twitch. That recording will be uploaded in roughly 5 days or less from this post.

That all said, see you all next week at the same time, same place!
The mane thing I learned from all of that is not to give IO alcohol and that Broxnar is best demon slayer.

Edit: I just realized I never finished my first sentence.

Last edited:

AuruM

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Just caught the recording on Twitch, great stuff guys. Looking forward to watching a full-length session next time if all goes well :D

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Hello all! This is the BOO (Bear of Overall Operations) of the group here to inform everyone that the upcoming session will be happening an hour earlier than usual but still end at the same time.

That would be this Saturday from 11am to 3pm (Pacific standard time)... (stream time)...

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

AuruM

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Unfortunately, there seem to have been some audio issues with the last stream - OCisbestungulate comes through fine, but everyone else sounds extremely faint:

Were there any other recorders who had better luck?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Unfortunately, there seem to have been some audio issues with the last stream - OCisbestungulate comes through fine, but everyone else sounds extremely faint:

Were there any other recorders who had better luck?
Yes, we knew that happened, unfortunately. But we had multiple people recording, so... I should probably go ask...
I'll be back when I get an answer, or someone else might answer your question, either way we'll keep everyone informed.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello everyone.

The first campaign I'll be running is now well underway. Many deep thank yous to all who participated and made this possible. At this point, we must officially say good-bye to Corvine Winterblood (Played by Mighty Alicorn Hunter) as IRL has rendered playing impossible. We will also be switching to playing every other week, thus this coming Saturday (21/1/2017) we will not be playing.

That's it for official announcements this time. See ya'll in just under two weeks!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Blasted triple posting...

Hello all!

So in two days, on Saturday the 28th, we'll be playing once again! This time, like last time, we will be starting an hour earlier, thus making our start time at 11am PST (or Workstream time). That's 2pm EST, 20:00 CET, or 7/8pm on the 29th for you good folks in New Zealand (if I did my math right). Any case, as always, you are free to come hang out in the Discord server, or watch us on twitch. Many Thanks to Ethaes, who is now officially in charge of streaming and uploading the videos to YouTube.

And thanks to the people above who, in my absence or inability, did much to help move things forward in both this thread (such as announcements), and made this game a thing.

(Forgive for saying thanks so much, it's just that I really am thankful for all of this :D You guys are all great.)

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Here, I'll fix that for you. In case those didn't notice, due to IRL stuff I stepped down from the campaign effectively last session, and my character Corvine Winterblood was separated from the party for reasons.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
So, not gonna lie, the Thems' Tabletop Herds server has become quite the interesting place, as you can see. And by interesting I mean I love the place.

Love aside, there's a small announcement to be made: The D&D sessions will now start an hour earlier, but will still end at the regular time. Thus the sessions will now run for 4 hours (11am to 3pm PST). You can still find us at our usual haunts.

Discord
Twitch
YouTube

Also: The various art bits you see may or may not be temporary. :p
But we're always looking for lovely art to update with as needed.