Who saves the world?

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Figure threads of this nature will pop eventually... so, why not immediately?

By now it should be common knowledge that there'll be a canon story to go along with the arcade stories where anyone could be the winner. But who's going to really save the day? What do you think?

...Personally I figure everyone will play a part in the ending and it'll be presented as a team effort, but hey, seems like a fun thing to debate about anyway.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Arizona is, personality wise, perhaps the most typically heroic character and therefore might be a candidate. She also kinda comes across like the series mascot and signature character, akin to Ryu in Street Fighter.

On the other hand, Oleander seems like she'd be in the best position and might have the best skillset for actually getting the job done--

Fred will. Not Oleander, just Fred
Or that.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
My Monopoly money is on Oleander. Second most likely I'd say is Tianhuo.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Arizona is, personality wise, perhaps the most typically heroic character and therefore might be a candidate. She also kinda comes across like the series mascot and signature character, akin to Ryu in Street Fighter.

On the other hand, Oleander seems like she'd be in the best position and might have the best skillset for actually getting the job done--

Or that.
Ari, to me, actually kind of reminds me of an RPG hero. Mainly because of her youth, and how she's seemingly way in over her head but rushes into it so fearlessly.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pom's dogs will save the world.

But on a serious note, I'm expecting, or at least hoping, on the option that there will be a true story where all the characters contribute/work-together. It'll be a nice epic moment I think.
We'll have to complete each story! And COLLECT ALL THE CHAOS EMERALDS to unlock the secret final story, in which the entire team goes Super to fight and. . .

Jokes aside, I genuinely like your idea.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
We'll have to complete each story! And COLLECT ALL THE CHAOS EMERALDS to unlock the secret final story, in which the entire team goes Super to fight and. . .

Jokes aside, I genuinely like your idea.
You joke, but it would actually be genuinely cool if they did something like this. Something akin to the final chapter in Sonic Heroes where you need to complete the other main campaigns first.

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Oh man I was thinking Sonic Heroes also. Since you sorta beat each other up the stories can't all work together like Sonic Heroes, but that final unlock still, again, would be great.

( That or we can go the route that the Touhou Fighters did (not sure if other games have) where the true final route ended up being where you play as the antagonist :v )

Dismal Dimwit

The Duke of Derp
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Might be my admittedly odd sense of humor, but I'm hoping the canon heroine is actually a Non-Playable character. Like a spectator in the background in all of the stages saves the day after all the playable characters tire themselves out by beating each other up.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
Might be my admittedly odd sense of humor, but I'm hoping the canon heroine is actually a Non-Playable character. Like a spectator in the background in all of the stages saves the day after all the playable characters tire themselves out by beating each other up.
Headcanon approved

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
I'd say Oleander. I mean, dark magic. You can do whatever you want when you have dark magic on your side.

Sir Linkselot

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And then we find out that the spectator character is Goat.

Artsofallkinds

Blue dog
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I like to think of it this way: Skull Girls Engine.
What does that mean?
Bosses are a thing.
So, maybe, juuuuuuuuuust maybe, we actually FIGHT KING PREDATOR BEHIND THE DOOR
Like, Kingdom Hearts style.
And, of course, different endings depending on who you choose to play as, much like in skull girls.
Can I get some final boss hype?

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ari, to me, actually kind of reminds me of an RPG hero. Mainly because of her youth, and how she's seemingly way in over her head but rushes into it so fearlessly.
Arizona, Pom, and Oleander to me have a "typical" hero background story for a protagonist.

Though I imagine at some point Tianhuo is going to have to fight an actual dragon. You can't have a half dragon horse thing be on a heroic quest and not fight a dragon.

Paprika doesn't seemingly to know or care about the situation and Velvet is a bit full of herself.

ZeroParadox

Ace Daydreamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I know other people are thinking this, but I really need Pom to be the hero while also progressively becoming more reluctant to fill such a role, with other people recognizing her strength until she becomes the unwilling paragon of a true warrior...!

Everyone teaming up works too, I suppose.

Rocketknightgeek

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My money's on Pom to be the big hero of the story in canon simply by virtue of the fact she's willing to study and accept different ways of thinking like with her dogs feeding themselves. This means that she might actually find an even ground with the predators, after all, farming animals would still hate rabbits eating their crops, right?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I like to think of it this way: Skull Girls Engine.
What does that mean?
Bosses are a thing.
So, maybe, juuuuuuuuuust maybe, we actually FIGHT KING PREDATOR BEHIND THE DOOR
Like, Kingdom Hearts style.
And, of course, different endings depending on who you choose to play as, much like in skull girls.
Can I get some final boss hype?
Yes.

Yes you can.

Askerad

Fabulous French Froggie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lyon, France
I personnally see all the main characters fighting each other to death near the ending, and then someone in the crowd goes "OMG The Predators" and the six turns themselves angainst the bad guys.

This, or Lauren Faust spawns outta nowhere and kick butts.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I would place my bets on Pom, if not for a certain sentence about her charater description, then by the virtue of her looking like the weakest, and thanks to that maybe the bravest. The rest of the cast would obviously be very important in getting/forcing her to move forward, but the final fight should be Pom's.

Or just Paprika and her mighty hugtastic powers which can make even the mightiest of foes tremble.

Do you think Lauren would pop in sometimes to see our silly discussions?

Reactions: PinkieFTW

Rayne-The-Skunk

Dark Side Artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I feel like most likely they will fail to lock up anything before it gets out.
The lock is built on a system that allows only one person to do it. The people of Foenum seem terribly divided.
Instead of all making some sort of consul to select one champion they all pit their best fighters against each other.
It seems like there's more focus on who will win than actually saving the world .

Basically I think it all spells a recipe for disaster and that the flaws of Foenum as well as their champions will prevent them from saving anything
At least not before they lose something first.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
At the end of the day I think it'll be collaborative effort between all the characters, Tian will act as the voice of reason more often than not, Ari will be the action gal who stands behind holding an horde of predators with Tian and Velvet, Velvet herself will stop being so egocentric even if just for a bit and concede the role of the hero will not fall on her hooves, Paprika will also be there as a moral support (maybe after learning some restrain? :v).

And yes, that leaves us with Oleander and Pom, the two characters who I think will be the ones facing the Great Devourer, and I think it'll be these two because they are the ones who have the most to prove to the world. First, that dark magic can be wielded for the good of everyone (wouldn't be surprised if the final boss uses dark magic itself) and the other one that the tiniest bit of courage can make the difference.

*fanfic intensifies*

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
At the end of the day I think it'll be collaborative effort between all the characters, Tian will act as the voice of reason more often than not, Ari will be the action gal who stands behind holding an horde of predators with Tian and Velvet, Velvet herself will stop being so egocentric even if just for a bit and concede the role of the hero will not fall on her hooves, Paprika will also be there as a moral support (maybe after learning some restrain? :v).

And yes, that leaves us with Oleander and Pom, the two characters who I think will be the ones facing the Great Devourer, and I think it'll be these two because they are the ones who have the most to prove to the world. First, that dark magic can be wielded for the good of everyone (wouldn't be surprised if the final boss uses dark magic itself) and the other one that the tiniest bit of courage can make the difference.

*fanfic intensifies*
There's a thread for that...

Just sayin' ;)

_L1pE_

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think if it'd be any one playable character it'd probably be Pom, just cause of how unlikely it would seem. But I like some of the different ideas here better, such as a bystander saving the day, or they working together, or their constant fighting costing them a great deal.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I think if it'd be any one playable character it'd probably be Pom, just cause of how unlikely it would seem. But I like some of the different ideas here better, such as a bystander saving the day, or they working together, or their constant fighting costing them a great deal.
Well I remember the bit about Pom in the fundraising campaign said she wasn't actvely seeking the key, she just somehow always ended up meeting the key holder and having to fight them... I think Destiny has plans for Pom, whether Pom like it or not.

Cronnicossy

Fighter Enthusiast & Teacher
Backers' Beta Tester
All the other 6 characters will meet up and give Oleander the Chaos Emeralds they found.
Then Oleander will turn white like all the other unicorns.
And she'll fly.
While the Sonic Heroes theme plays.
And she'll fight Metal S-- wait a minute

On Topic 4 reals:
I think Oleander.
She's not even my favorite but I really think so.
She's just so cool.

Bass Drop

That Sarcastic Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Delaware, United States
The predators, the main character will all be defeated and the predators will rule the world!
or the team might work together and all of them will save the world together, one or the other...

Pompadour

Casual
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I want to root for Oleander, because she has something important to prove for her herd
But I think it would make matters worse, it only proves that dark magic is good for violence

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
All of them working together would be best it would wrap up all their stories nicely and I hope they go the final fantasy 6 route where you pick the order of fighters and your character order of the 6 main characters and when each of them goes down well the ending gets worse and worse. And depending on who's left the ending will change a lot allowing for more replayability. And hopefully for the final marathon fight you can switch them out after each fight ends and they regen a bit of hp they lost.

And I really hope the best ending has all the ungulates and predators coming to a peaceful conclusion where they can live in peace and be the canon ending so we can get playable predators later on without them being the bad guy. Well some of them can remain evil so that there can be a sequel.

JimmyJones09

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
They could possibly implement a system in place similar to what Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 did, (hopefully better). Where each character has their own little separate what if sort of ending. Then if the series ever continues they could just pick a canon one out of popular vote or executive decision and what not.