#BeAFoxWithASword

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016

Vulpine [Steam Community Greenlight] [Thunderclap] is a game I found by accident on Steam Greenlight awhile ago that I got really hyped for. To put this in perspective: The only other game I follow on Greenlight is Them's Fightin' Herds, which was (and now is) probably my most hyped upcoming release next to XCOM 2. Which is now out, so... Small Horse Fighting Game HYPE!

The tl;dr of Vulpine is that it's basically furry Rust. But along with the comedic value in that concept I really like the artistic style of the game. The developers have also been very active on their Community Discussions (answering a question I had about the game pretty much 2 hours after I asked it, and then including my request in the game in the span of a few months! :) {At least, I think that's why they added Rabbits into the game}) which leads me to believe that this isn't just another Mighty Number 9 scenario.

I'm posting this here in the hopes that some of the people on these forums see this game and find a liking to its concept, and therefor donate to the Kickstarter.
Because I think everyone secretly wants to be a fox with a sword. :Paprika:

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Sure, why not? :puppy: It seems interesting at the very least. Not sure if I'm going to back it (money costs too much money sadly), but I'll definetly keep an eye on it.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I might back it, for the lulz. We'll see.

Doesn't seem like it'll be terrible or anything, but aside from the fox with a sword gimmick, there isn't much to distinguish it from what I can see. It's more colourful than some of those games like Rust.

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
This looks :bark::bark::bark::bark:ing awesome! If I weren't having sooo many monetary issues I'd back them. Sadly, money's tight for me right now.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Mod edit: Please chill with the excessive use of caps, font size, and exclamation points.
Okie. :oops:

Doesn't seem like it'll be terrible or anything, but aside from the fox with a sword gimmick, there isn't much to distinguish it from what I can see. It's more colourful than some of those games like Rust.
The visuals look amazing. The combat also looks fairly high brow. (Supposedly based off of Monster Hunter.)

Also Aviators is doing the soundtrack.

Full disclosure: Just blew $25 (USD, so about $33 CAD) on this.
There goes half of that glorious $50 I had in my wallet. :oleander:

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Actually, I backed it at the $30 level (~$40 CAN) myself. I figured 'why not?' y'know? I went at that level for the soundtrack, the minimum default level I go for when backing crowdfunded games. I wasn't interested in the above backing levels as it was, certainly not for the prices they were asking anyway.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I really wanted my monument... I am sad that they didn't make it, but hey, it happens. I hope they do better next time. I still want to be a bear, so here's to a bright (hopefully) future!

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
This is Alive Again!

I backed at Early Bird Monument level. The mini-figures are interesting, but not enough to spend the requisite $100 to get them all, and I'd want them all. The larger figures are too expensive for me to want to get them.

Early bird ends in less than 20 hours from this post. The only other Early Bird tiers are for the larger figures.

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
what happens if this game doesn't reach its goal? (which seems like quite a large amount for such a small team) it has quite a small backing window. I mean, its gonna end on the 20th, that's not far away.

EDIT: Whoops, it ends on Feb the 20th, so hopefully they can make that goal.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
what happens if this game doesn't reach its goal? (which seems like quite a large amount for such a small team) it has quite a small backing window. I mean, its gonna end on the 20th, that's not far away.

EDIT: Whoops, it ends on Feb the 20th, so hopefully they can make that goal.
Yeah, it'll probably make its goal. It's around halfway there already, and only about a day into the campaign. The real question is the stretch goals. I hope they manage to add a couple of extra playable species as well as new biomes.

I can't, man. Not after Yooka-Laylee.
Oh, was that a disappointment? I played it a bit, and it seemed alright.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Yeah, it'll probably make its goal. It's around halfway there already, and only about a day into the campaign. The real question is the stretch goals. I hope they manage to add a couple of extra playable species as well as new biomes.

Oh, was that a disappointment? I played it a bit, and it seemed alright.
Yooka Laylee was about on par with Fallout 4 and Kingsman 2 in terms of dissapointment. Really glad I dropped for the £340 tier.