Those Wonderful Parts Of Games

Poppun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 9, 2016
And here we have the other side of "Things you hate in Games you Love's" proverbial coin, here we celebrate all of the features and other things in games that make them wonder; whether it's something big, a favourite character, a fun juxtaposition or something small and clever that's really neat when you notice it.

Mine are:

Pokémon Amie, I have wanted something like this since the first generation so it's great being able to pet and play with your Pokémon and it's amazing how the data for over 700 sets of likes, dislikes and unique animations can be stored on such a tiny cartridge. All of the Pokémon are fun to play with too, the small cute ones are as adorable as you'd expect and the big legendary ones are surprisingly playful....Plus I find it hilarious that the generation that everyone praised for making you question whether capturing Pokémon is wrong was followed by the generation with a feature that shows you how happy your Pokémon are that you caught them

The "Clone" Pokémon from generation 5, it's interesting that a lot of people found this to be a weak point in the 5th generation games, since I always thought it was really clever. Yes Bouffalant is Unova's Tauros & Miltank and Audino is Unova's Chansey, and I think it's brilliant rather than uncreative; to me it always seemed to be a development of the species thing where we're in an entirely different part of the world and run into new, yet familiar looking creatures, presumably because they share a common ancestor with the Pokémon they remind us of and developed differently to suit the environmental differences of that region.

The majority of Ham-Ham Heartbreak, it's a very feel-good story and the music at the end is wonderful (which is itself a big thing for me since it's a handheld game and I normally mute those)

The ending of Witch's Wish, a somewhat obscure game where you play through the chapters of the story as Vicky, a little girl who lives with her Grandmother and wants to learn magic, but can't afford the lessons and supplies to learn it. Over the course of the game she learns it through a magic board that adds new spells as she needs them, which helps her solve problems and make magic more accessible to those around her. Near the end the question is raised whether magic might be a negative thing and the story's conclusion not only answers it, but places responsibility in the hands of the characters and has everyone come together to find a solution

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I never really allowed myself to emotionally connect to any sort of video game character for a very long time, as it always ended up being the one party member to die. But that was many moons ago, and when I played Undertale for the first time, I finally allowed myself to try it again.

That game messed me up something good, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. For reasons that elude me, the first proper boss fight in the game was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had in a video game for a very, very long time.

Then there's Overwatch which is just simply fun to play (I love me some turret building), if you haven't lost 5 or 6 games in a row :D

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Some unit quotes in Company of Heroes and its sequel is downright hilarious (And kinda horrifying at times)
The residents of Oye swore they would rename their small harbor in honor of the first Allied soldier to liberate them. Lucky for them, Private Gilroy was one step ahead of Corporal Butts.

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth
I have a couple.
  • The first line of dialogue in the Doom reboot. "They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done."
  • Destiny's Patch 2.3. Damage dealing Supers can actually kill tougher enemies and Majors! You can stagger Oryx with a single Golden Gun shot!
  • Destiny's jukebox in the Tower (i.e. main social space).
  • Battlefield 4's Megalodon easter egg.
  • And, of course, Bordie 2's Face McShooty.

Bboy9451

Kat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My own little world
I have a few.

-The title card sequence in Doom 4 -The plot twist in System Shock 2
(This particular video uses some mods that change the graphics quite a bit, but it's the only video of this scene that I could find in HD)
-The Omega Flowey fight from Undertale -And finally, the escape sequence from Portal (I'm not gonna post a video of it though since it's so long)