Modding Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy9451

Kat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My own little world
What kind of modding support will there be? (If any)
Custom fighters? (Only usable in singleplayer or local multi-player of course)
Custom sprites for characters? (If so, then a Fighting Is Magic mod would definitely happen at some point)
Custom music?
etc.

Bboy9451

Kat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My own little world
Well since the fan base for this game is mostly made up of the fan base for Fighting Is magic then someone would probably make it. Honestly I'd prefer it doesn't get made, since I very much prefer TFH's cast of characters instead of Lawyer Friendly Equines's. (For a fighting game)

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Well since the fan base for this game is mostly made up of the fan base for Fighting Is magic then someone would probably make it. Honestly I'd prefer it doesn't get made, since I very much prefer TFH's cast of characters instead of Lawyer Friendly Equines's. (For a fighting game)
I think the goat cultist means that there is likely no modding support at all. This is unfortunate, but likely true.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
From what I've gathered, the Z-Engine isn't very mod friendly, and even if it was, I'm heavily against the idea of modding in the ponies. This game has evolved beyond that and gained its own identity, no need to linger on the past. I don't even think modding in music is something you should do either, it's a spit in the face to RC88 for the work he's putting in, along with anyone else on the team who's working on the sound design (dynamic music, voices, sound mixing, sound effects).

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
From what I've gathered, the Z-Engine isn't very mod friendly, and even if it was, I'm heavily against the idea of modding in the ponies. This game has evolved beyond that and gained its own identity, no need to linger on the past.
While I'm not entirely against such a preposition, I am far more interested in lore friendly fighters being added (though like you said, it is supposed not mod friendly)

Sir Linkselot

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't even think modding in music is something you should do either, it's a spit in the face to RC88 for the work he's putting in, along with anyone else on the team who's working on the sound design (dynamic music, voices, sound mixing, sound effects).
You can say that about modding any game really. I don't think wanting to mod a game to change some things is an insult to the people who worked on it. The point of modding a game is to make it more fun which is the point of a game to begin with.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Sorry, we currently have no plans, and no plans to have plans to have modding support.

Also, since this conversation is treading some murky waters, thread's getting locked. Mind the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.