Mass Effect

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Ayyyyy anybody else love mass effect? excited for andromeda???

Lets chat

Just started another ME1 play though, was gonna do renegade but for the life of me I cannot do it, just cannot make those asshole choices >.>

Vixey

Sapphire Maiden
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm excited. I've been replaying ME1 recently with the MEUITM mod at 4k and it has been a nice treat. I have a paragon femshep infiltrator on Mass Effect 3 that I have been meaning to finish but right now I'm as mentioned replaying 1 with a renagade femshep. Right now I'm playing through hardcore with a vanguard that started at level 1 with sniper proficiency and it is a good challenge. Lift+ throw gives you some nice battlefield control that can keep enemies from overwhelming you as a sniper. Usually when sniping you run into the issue of charging characters but anyone stupid enough to charge you gets either thrown or lifted and picked off.

I'm planning on beating hardcore and then doing renegade veteran with renegade maxed so that way I can pass all of the intimidate checks. Then carry on over to mass effect 2 with the high res texture mods with TexMod, which is really a nice treat but a pain to get running.

Otherwise I occasionally mess around in ME3 Multiplayer. My fav there is Awakened Collector or a Turian Soldier with claymore. Collector you can use your swarms as damage resistance and rely on weapon damage with the claymore. Using the sphere to prime enemies for warp ammo to take out the bosses. The Turian soldier though can snipe with the claymore when Marksman is engaged and as long as you are reload cancelling with the medi-gel it works pretty well. Drell adept is also another fun one too and I personally enjoy the phoenix adept.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Man, I need to get into that series, but I can never find the time to sit down and play it.
Extremely worth the time it would take to play through, one of my favorite stories through a video game series and one of the best universes.

I'm excited. I've been replaying ME1 recently with the MEUITM mod at 4k and it has been a nice treat. I have a paragon femshep infiltrator on Mass Effect 3 that I have been meaning to finish but right now I'm as mentioned replaying 1 with a renagade femshep. Right now I'm playing through hardcore with a vanguard that started at level 1 with sniper proficiency and it is a good challenge. Lift+ throw gives you some nice battlefield control that can keep enemies from overwhelming you as a sniper. Usually when sniping you run into the issue of charging characters but anyone stupid enough to charge you gets either thrown or lifted and picked off.

I'm planning on beating hardcore and then doing renegade veteran with renegade maxed so that way I can pass all of the intimidate checks. Then carry on over to mass effect 2 with the high res texture mods with TexMod, which is really a nice treat but a pain to get running.

Otherwise I occasionally mess around in ME3 Multiplayer. My fav there is Awakened Collector or a Turian Soldier with claymore. Collector you can use your swarms as damage resistance and rely on weapon damage with the claymore. Using the sphere to prime enemies for warp ammo to take out the bosses. The Turian soldier though can snipe with the claymore when Marksman is engaged and as long as you are reload cancelling with the medi-gel it works pretty well. Drell adept is also another fun one too and I personally enjoy the phoenix adept.
I really need to not be lazy and install those tex mods, they would make it look a lot better >.>

But yeah ME3 multiplayer caught me by surprise, its actually really good fun!

Vixey

Sapphire Maiden
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Extremely worth the time it would take to play through, one of my favorite stories through a video game series and one of the best universes.

I really need to not be lazy and install those tex mods, they would make it look a lot better >.>

But yeah ME3 multiplayer caught me by surprise, its actually really good fun!
I've spent way too much time on ME3 multiplayer. I was not expecting it to be as deep or as varied as it was. The amount of variation really adds a lot to it and makes it one of my favorite multiplayers of all time. When they announced multiplayer for mass effect I thought it would be awful, but it ended up great!

The texture mods are worth it and with them I would honestly say mass effect 2 and 3 are some of the best looking games out there if you play on a high resolution. They do really push cards to their limit when fully modded but are a treat regardless.

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
I like me some mass effect but unfortunately 1 has a bug where the shading is wrong on two of the missions and it crashes to desktop a lot with my particular CPU. So I haven't played ME1 since getting my current CPU.

Graphics programmers will be graphics programmers I guess... and of course Bioware can't be :bark::bark::bark::bark:ed to update it.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I like me some mass effect but unfortunately 1 has a bug where the shading is wrong on two of the missions and it crashes to desktop a lot with my particular CPU. So I haven't played ME1 since getting my current CPU.

Graphics programmers will be graphics programmers I guess... and of course Bioware can't be :bark::bark::bark::bark:ed to update it.
thats a very odd bug o.o never heard of that one before, what CPU are you using thats causing it? :eek:

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
It's an AMD FX-8320 and the apparent underlying reason for the bug is that ME1 assumes it can use the 3DNow! SIMD instruction set on any AMD CPU, but it was removed for Bulldozer CPUs when they were released, so it tries to use those instructions but it just causes glitches instead. So I can't play ME1 without doing some UE3 modding to remove the entities that cause the shading problem. (I think the bug shows up halfway through the Noveria mission when you get to the second set of interiors, and maybe somewhere on Feros too.)

It's super annoying, but not annoying enough for me to buy a new CPU yet.

Of course it doesn't happen at all in 2 or 3 but ME1 is my favorite and I miss it.

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm a HUGE fan of Mass Effect. I bout the first one on a whim 'cause it looked interesting, glad I did. I've been meaning to run though all the games again for ages (I've only played through ME3 once!) but I've just not had the time.

Really looking forward to Andromeda, I love the world they built up for the series and I'm interested in seeing where they take it with the new game.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I'm a HUGE fan of Mass Effect. I bout the first one on a whim 'cause it looked interesting, glad I did. I've been meaning to run though all the games again for ages (I've only played through ME3 once!) but I've just not had the time.

Really looking forward to Andromeda, I love the world they built up for the series and I'm interested in seeing where they take it with the new game.
I just need some more video content for andromeda, its so hard waiting for that bloody game to come out ;-;

Gotta jump on that inevitable super ultra collectors edition when it goes up

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I just need some more video content for andromeda, its so hard waiting for that bloody game to come out ;-;

Gotta jump on that inevitable super ultra collectors edition when it goes up
Yeah, there has been surprisingly little released so far. I saw the SDCC panel a year or two back (at least I think it was SDCC), but other than that, nothing. Not that that's entirely a bad thing,more to be surprised by once the game comes out ( as long as it's good)

As for the inevitable collectors edition, I got the collectors for ME2 and 3, so I'll probably end up getting this one too, hehe.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Yeah, there has been surprisingly little released so far. I saw the SDCC panel a year or two back (at least I think it was SDCC), but other than that, nothing. Not that that's entirely a bad thing,more to be surprised by once the game comes out ( as long as it's good)

As for the inevitable collectors edition, I got the collectors for ME2 and 3, so I'll probably end up getting this one too, hehe.
Its totally good that theres nothing really released yet, hopefully its kinda like fallout 4 in that regard, show off the game when its good and ready.
More devs should do this

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I played through the Mass Effect series for the first time last year. ME2 is my favorite one in the series. I'll keep an eye on Andromeda and see how that game turns out.

Reactions: CosmicDashie

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
ME2 is like generally considered the high point, really well done upgrades from ME1

I only miss some of the heavier RPG elements, but the changes made for a better overall game!

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
Its totally good that theres nothing really released yet, hopefully its kinda like fallout 4 in that regard, show off the game when its good and ready.
More devs should do this
Absolutely, I've lost count of the number of films that have been spoiled by having the best bits in the trailers, so I'm all for the devs doing whatever they to keep as much of it a surprise as they can. You're right, it's something Fallout did really well, details of the story ere kept really heavily under wraps right up until just before the release, so hopefully they'll take a page out of that book.
ME2 is like generally considered the high point, really well done upgrades from ME1

I only miss some of the heavier RPG elements, but the changes made for a better overall game!
As for missing things in the transition from ME1 to ME2, something that really annoyed me was they way they handled the weapons, going from the cool down system to essentially an ammo system. I thought it was a good idea to not have to rely on ammo pickups in the first game (of course it also helps that where I've played the game so many times now, my characters weapons can pretty much fire constantly without overheating, lol :D) I though it was a real step backwards when they went to the ammo system in ME2.

Nemesis

Robot in Disguise
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
pony411.libsyn.com
I really liked the ME games. ME3's ending was... it was a thing. I occasionally think about going back to them, though.

Also, FemShep is best Shep.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I really liked the ME games. ME3's ending was... it was a thing. I occasionally think about going back to them, though.

Also, FemShep is best Shep.
Honestly i think the ending gets too much flak now... Was it bad when it launched? Yes, absolutely. But after extended cut its much much better

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I actually liked the ending to ME3, bearing in mind that I've only played that game once and that was before the big update.

That said, I came at it as being a fan of shows like Farscape and Battlestar Galactica, both of which had ... unconventional endings, so I guess I was more used to it than other players.

Nemesis

Robot in Disguise
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
pony411.libsyn.com
Honestly i think the ending gets too much flak now... Was it bad when it launched? Yes, absolutely. But after extended cut its much much better
Well, sure, they made it better afterward. But it went from bad to meh.

Still enjoyed the journey. And I am definitely interested in Andromeda.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just started another ME1 play though, was gonna do renegade but for the life of me I cannot do it, just cannot make those asshole choices >.>
You should watch the video called 'Commander Shepard is a jerk'.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I got nothing to add. But I love me some Mass Effect. Excited for Andromeda.

snowyblitz

The poofiest of ponies.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Love the Mass Effect series. The first game is my favorite story wise, while the second has the best gameplay aspects. I spent so many long hours grinding multiplayer in the 3rd game. Some of the characters deaths legitimately made me tear up.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Love the Mass Effect series. The first game is my favorite story wise, while the second has the best gameplay aspects. I spent so many long hours grinding multiplayer in the 3rd game. Some of the characters deaths legitimately made me tear up.
That was me entirely for my first playthrough, the suicide mission destroyed me the first time, i lost garrus and was depressed after ;-;

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think the only real problem I have with with ME is a problem I have a lot of modern games. The general idea of having way more potential party members than you can actually have in your party.

I tend to have favorites, and with little to no reason to actually bring along anyone but those favorites, pretty much everyone else was a bench warmer. I miss the days of RPGs like Baldur's Gate, where you'd have a genuine full party tagging along for missions, allowing for more complex party interaction as well as dynamic combat. That's just me I suppose though. I get that more characters isn't necessarily feasible with an action game like ME, but still.

As it is, I just took Tali and Garrus with me EVERYWHERE. My Space-Wife and my Space-Bro, I called them. We three were the only ones who really saved the galaxy. Everyone else just got credit by association. XD

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: CosmicDashie

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It would be really cramped if I took the whole party with me on any mission.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I enjoy it.(though man are the paragon/renegade choices usually simplistic...that end some certain writing isses that I have a problem with...)

I love me a crafted "fantasy" world though. :3

Nameless_One

Altruistic Seeker Goat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I can hardly wait for Mass Effect Andromeda. If it has multiplayer, I'll be happy. I still have some squad mates on my friend list from the old ME3 demo days. I hope I'll be able to team up with them in the new Mass Effect.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I think the only real problem I have with with ME is a problem I have a lot of modern games. The general idea of having way more potential party members than you can actually have in your party.

I tend to have favorites, and with little to no reason to actually bring along anyone but those favorites, pretty much everyone else was a bench warmer. I miss the days of RPGs like Baldur's Gate, where you'd have a genuine full party tagging along for missions, allowing for more complex party interaction as well as dynamic combat. That's just me I suppose though. I get that more characters isn't necessarily feasible with an action game like ME, but still.

As it is, I just took Tali and Garrus with me EVERYWHERE. My Space-Wife and my Space-Bro, I called them. We three were the only ones who really saved the galaxy. Everyone else just got credit by association. XD

Just my 2 cents.
Literally have a tshirt with "tali is my space girlfriend" on it

those 2 are the dream team, always take them <3

Reactions: Ambris