TFH Overwatch Crossover Art

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
So in the stream today we got distracted by talk of the utter success of the Overwatch beta and we started to discuss character comparisons. I want to do some sketches of the TFH characters drawn with overwatch costumes/skins but I want to get a general consensus of who the characters relate to. Some initial suggestions were:
  • Velvet = Mercy
  • Tianhuo = Pharah
  • Arizona = McCree
I think I'm going to start on Arizona McCree now but If you guys can help me determine some others Ill get onto them sometime soon!

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My OC as Junkrat (lol JK)
Velvet as Mie
Now that would be A-Mie-zing

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
WEW. So I ended up doing another Overwatch sketch today. Something about Tianhuo makes her fun to draw (if not complex and annoying sometimes)

I decided to go the bottomless armour route because quadruped armour would function differently than biped armour. That and drawing Pharah's armour requires detail and I got lazy. I think it still looks pretty rad, no?

I don't think ill be drawing any more soon as I need to do some job hunting. Hey @ManeSix I don't suppose you have any job offers for a wannabe artist with 6 years internet marketing experience based in Australia?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
WEW. So I ended up doing another Overwatch sketch today. Something about Tianhuo makes her fun to draw (if not complex and annoying sometimes)

I decided to go the bottomless armour route because quadruped armour would function differently than biped armour. That and drawing Pharah's armour requires detail and I got lazy. I think it still looks pretty rad, no?

I don't think ill be drawing any more soon as I need to do some job hunting. Hey @ManeSix I don't suppose you have any job offers for a wannabe artist with 6 years internet marketing experience based in Australia?
Ahem:
Them's Fightin' Herds - Mane6 | Job Opportunities
Also, it's kind of epic. But where do the flames go with her helmet on?

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Hey @ManeSix I don't suppose you have any job offers for a wannabe artist with 6 years internet marketing experience based in Australia?
Sorry!, We don't have any outstanding open positions at the moment. We might be looking for people for Voice Acting, but that's the only one likely to be opening in the short to mid term future.

... You should go poke the Armello dudes, though, and give us all of the dice codes once you're in!

Also, it's kind of epic. But where do the flames go with her helmet on?
Ain't no reason Tian can't turn off her flames if she needs/wants to. It's just that bald and beautiful isn't this season's fashion in Huoshan.

Rayne-The-Skunk

Dark Side Artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Instead of making Oleander reaper or something I decided to make her D'va and make FHTNG the mech to highlight their partnership. Also because I think a mask takes away from the whole crossover thing.

Basically he's still a demon but a pilotable one. I tried to make it mostly built out of bone and magic instead of robotics so I used some parts of a horse skeleton as reference. It lacksthe handles D'va uses because FHTNG is piloted by using the book. I'll do a digital one that includes Oleander later.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Instead of making Oleander reaper or something I decided to make her D'va and make FHTNG the mech to highlight their partnership. Also because I think a mask takes away from the whole crossover thing.

Basically he's still a demon but a pilotable one. I tried to make it mostly built out of bone and magic instead of robotics so I used some parts of a horse skeleton as reference. It lacksthe handles D'va uses because FHTNG is piloted by using the book. I'll do a digital one that includes Oleander later.
I like this interpretation. It's not at all what one would expect.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup

That's just straight up creepy.

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth

Man, Fhtng looks like something outta Doom here.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com

Hell yeah, now THAT is an interesting take on the crossover idea, way out of left field too.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Alright we should all contact Blizzard and make this a skin

Reactions: Super jorsour64

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
It could of been better, but here's Oleander as Symmetra:View attachment 746

Will color and finish later. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I had in making it. I want your guy's feebdack! Should Symmetra's features be colored their original blue, or pink to better match Oleander?
Oleander colors.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Reactions: Super jorsour64

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Cheers love, the cavalry's here!

Trying to draw mechanical things in a sensible perspective? Headache-in-a-half is what it is.
You should make a timelapse for some of these. I love your style.

--Edit--
Hey dev lads, do you think you will be allowed putting these into the fanart gallery? Just in case Blizzard wants to be a git. (Probably won't, but just in case)

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
You should make a timelapse for some of these. I love your style.

--Edit--
Hey dev lads, do you think you will be allowed putting these into the fanart gallery? Just in case Blizzard wants to be a git. (Probably won't, but just in case)
Ingame? Most probably not. It might be doable, but it'd be a costly headache to figure out.