Rich's Recorded Recreations and Jampacked Joke Journals

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Your avatar is not creepy anymore. It is so sad.
Did you colour the grey bits as well, or were they included in the package?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I didn't draw this, I commissioned Edwin Huang to draw this (during MEFCC) but it was only the outlines. I only just coloured it in.

Nice, but, sadly, "Seductive/Creepy face looking at viewer" avatar will be missed.:(
This day, a titan has fallen. And in its place, rose a beautiful Phoenix-horse-thing...

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
It was included but was originally black.
My work on it really doesn't do the original justice.

Nice, but, sadly, "Seductive/Creepy face looking at viewer" avatar will be missed.:(
This day, a titan has fallen. And in its place, rose a beautiful Phoenix-horse-thing...
Jeez, maybe I should switch back. Or make a new one which is TFH themed.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
It was included but was originally black.
My work on it really doesn't do the original justice.
Nope. No pic here, just a blank screen.

Edit: Apprently I am very wrong, for I can see it after I've quoted you.

Jeez, maybe I should switch back. Or make a new one which is TFH themed.
Nah man, be a free spirit! Defy the common man! Throw off the shackles and paint the world with the mighty love of dragonhorse!

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Or a batch of money jammed into some machinery/door
But if you think about it, you have a green horse on fire. That is pretty creepy.

Reactions: Rich Jammer

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Hey everyone, I'm kinda planning on making a comic and video series which introduces the mechanics of TFH to be mainly posted into this forum. Probably I'll get to work on it when at least when the beta comes out as each lesson will have the below format:

1.) 3 to 4 panel comic. 1st panel kinda introduces the term being taught, 2nd panel has an explanation of said mechanic or not depending on the comic. 3rd and 4th panel is a joke, pun, visual gag etc. Basically the humour you come to expect from me. But not all comics will follow this format as the comic is just a fun little way to introduce the concept.
2.) A post with a more detailed explanation of the mechanic mentioned
3.) A video explaining it and it's execution.

So far I have comic strip ideas planned for the below:
- Light, Medium, Heavy Attacks, and Magic Attacks
- Overheads
- Pushblock (this is in TFH right?)
- Chip damage
- Controller options (a special 6-7 panel comic introducing pads, fight pads, fight sticks, and Hitboxes etc)

But for this I need some help. Like telling me what other mechanics are in the game, someone to help me write them out and record them since I'm not very Fightin' game literate. I guess I'll just ask the Fightin' Foenatics for most of the help.

And maybe if someone wants to help me draw some of these comics, since I don't have sufficient time to draw all of these.
So please give me some suggestions.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Defending, high-low attacks, some of the very basic stuff in a quick rundown as well, maybe some words on spacing.
Also, a quick rundown on what do certain terms mean, so the new player can understand explanations.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I would suggest when to use your special meter and to follow the play style intended for your character (example: stay away from the opponent if you are Velvet).
(edit) You should totally do one about blur frames. not that that has anything to do with actual game play stuff but I think it could be funny.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
If I were a newbie...:oops:
I would want a few basic combos, some advanced combos, aerial stuff, ground stuff, and technical stuff.
And I TOTALLY know what all of that means!:oops:

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
Maybe one on movement? As Pom's about to fight, she's paralyzed with anxiety and forgotten how to move, but luckily, Arizona's her opponent. Wanting a good, clean fight with Pom, ("We're both fightin' for the same reason, right?" ) Arizona offers her a few pointers.

For reference or ideas, I'd recommend...
Blazblue CP Extend has this tutorial mode that's voiced in-character, which is a neat touch, but it adds fluff material to the lessons for those who are impatient.
Gootecks also has video tutorials for SF5, but I feel it can be applied to many other fighting games.

For the recordings... do you mean someone actually narrating over them along with diagrams and bar charts? This is very ambitious. :O

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hey everyone, I'm kinda planning on making a comic and video series which introduces the mechanics of TFH to be mainly posted into this forum. Probably I'll get to work on it when at least when the beta comes out as each lesson will have the below format:

1.) 3 to 4 panel comic. 1st panel kinda introduces the term being taught, 2nd panel has an explanation of said mechanic or not depending on the comic. 3rd and 4th panel is a joke, pun, visual gag etc. Basically the humour you come to expect from me. But not all comics will follow this format as the comic is just a fun little way to introduce the concept.
2.) A post with a more detailed explanation of the mechanic mentioned
3.) A video explaining it and it's execution.

So far I have comic strip ideas planned for the below:
- Light, Medium, Heavy Attacks, and Magic Attacks
- Overheads
- Pushblock (this is in TFH right?)
- Chip damage
- Controller options (a special 6-7 panel comic introducing pads, fight pads, fight sticks, and Hitboxes etc)

But for this I need some help. Like telling me what other mechanics are in the game, someone to help me write them out and record them since I'm not very Fightin' game literate. I guess I'll just ask the Fightin' Foenatics for most of the help.

And maybe if someone wants to help me draw some of these comics, since I don't have sufficient time to draw all of these.
I think this would actually be a pretty cool idea. If you haven't why not contact @Songhacker directly and discuss this very idea? That said, I know that I for one would be interested in seeing these. I'm not that skilled at fighting games, and thus would find this sort of information helpful. So, in advance: Thank you good sir!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Here's a bunch of sketches and unfinished stuff I made. To be forever abandoned. I felt like sharing them with you all.

This one I only did today. So it still has a chance of being completed. But I kinda decided not to finish it.
View attachment 661
Ahahahha! Dude, you should TOTALLY finish that Pom that looks like your other avatar, that would be hilarious! Also, I'm LOVING that Pom with her Robins, awesome sketches man!

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Ahahahha! Dude, you should TOTALLY finish that Pom that looks like your other avatar, that would be hilarious!
Hehe, that's what I was originally going for since when I changed my avatar you were all commenting on my old one.
Also, I'm LOVING that Pom with her Robins, awesome sketches man!
For anyone curious, the pups are Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and
The Redhood
We need more Velvet with glasses.
Maybe I'll colour that in later. Just for you.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hehe, that's what I was originally going for since when I changed my avatar you were all commenting on my old one.

For anyone curious, the pups are Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and
The Redhood

Maybe I'll colour that in later. Just for you.
Nothing would bring greater joy. Well, nothing save TFHs having a Velvet costume with glasses.

Reactions: Rich Jammer

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
... Can I request something like that with Oleander?... because of... reasons
I second this request!
I shall third this request for good measure
And I'LL FORM THE HEAD!
No, wait... wrong thing.
I'll Fourth it to finalize it!
Commission Prices:
- USD 10.00 for Line art Head
- USD 15.00 for Line art Torso
No just kidding.

Jeez! Alright! Alright! Hold your horses! I'll make an Oleander one.

Sketched this on my phone at work. Now just have to wait till I get home.
Ollie-Preview.jpg

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Commission Prices:
- USD 10.00 for Line art Head
- USD 15.00 for Line art Torso
No just kidding.

Jeez! Alright! Alright! Hold your horses! I'll make an Oleander one.

Sketched this on my phone at work. Now just have to wait till I get home.
View attachment 672
You have NO idea how ready I was to throw my virtual wallet at you...
That being said!
Thanks for putting up with our... well, not too subtle asking for stuff (I didn't know how to properly say that.) Thanks again dude!

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd totally commission more stuff, and/or would keep on requesting, but I just thought and I am not sure on what the etiquette is regarding devs and fanart.
Well devs are people, too...So... Throw all of your money at the screen until art pops out. That's how it works, right?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I'd totally commission more stuff, and/or would keep on requesting, but I just thought and I am not sure on what the etiquette is regarding devs and fanart.
Well, you are technically financed partly by Rich himself, sooooooooo you would be just giving his money back? Also, I don't think there is any kind of etiquette. Hell, even some of the Bethesda guys ordered a bunch of MLPxSkyrim fanart once. And if there is, you can just make a random forum user and use that.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Well devs are people, too...So... Throw all of your money at the screen until art pops out. That's how it works, right?
Well, you are technically financed partly by Rich himself, sooooooooo you would be just giving his money back? Also, I don't think there is any kind of etiquette. Hell, even some of the Bethesda guys ordered a bunch of MLPxSkyrim fanart once. And if there is, you can just make a random forum user and use that.
You guys (speaking in general here) already take my insane ramblings as canon. I shudder to think of the nuclear explosions that would happen if I let loose with commissioned crackships... And Nappy would probably kill me.

ANYWAYS. Let's not derail the thread please.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
You guys (speaking in general here) already take my insane ramblings as canon. I shudder to think of the nuclear explosions that would happen if I let loose with commissioned crackships... And Nappy would probably kill me.
Fake account it is then! Everything is considered canon until proven othervise, and not just your ramblings :D

ANYWAYS. Let's not derail the thread please.
Okay then. Rich! Do you think you can make Anu as the superhero Mane-ukan (working title)?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Fake account it is then! Everything is considered canon until proven othervise, and not just your ramblings :D

Okay then. Rich! Do you think you can make Anu as the superhero Mane-ukan (working title)?
Deep in the sewers of Foenum City (My working title), one man stands alone, watching, waiting, for the call to action....
Foenum City, does it even DESERVE his attention...
probably not, and YET the city calls to him like a friend in the distance. And so, he has given his life to the city under the alias...
MANEUKAN!!?
MANNEQUANN?
MANEA-KUN?
THAT GUY!

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Deep in the sewers of Foenum City (My working title), one man stands alone, watching, waiting, for the call to action....
Foenum City, does it even DESERVE his attention...
probably not, and YET the city calls to him like a friend in the distance. And so, he has given his life to the city under the alias...
MANEUKAN!!?
MANNEQUANN?
MANEA-KUN?
THAT GUY!
May I suggest A-Nuk-Man. Nuk pronounced as Nuke. You know, since he nuked the backers section back in Feb.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Jeez, Looks like she broke her neck to pull off this pose.
View attachment 674
There is a certain... Je ne sais quoi about this version that I really like, and, as Nappy just put it in the Devchat.

Nappy in M6 Devchat said:
"dark magic, she can pull an exorcist headspin"
So it is accurate!

May I suggest A-Nuk-Man. Nuk pronounced as Nuke. You know, since he nuked the backers section back in Feb.
I'm never living that down, am I?