Forum Improvements log

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com

Bug Fixes
  • Dev/Backer banners no longer broken in mobile!
Improvements
  • Dev/Backer Banners now have a gradient!
  • Experimental. More media embed options added. Right now it lists a ton of sites we don't need/want embeded due to default addon options; Will manually set those in a bit.
Known Issues
  • Hexagon avatars not showing properly in firefox, due to unsupported CSS. SVG fallback not workin' for some reason. Investigating.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Bugs, yeah, throw 'em my way in here. Suggestions, I believe there was a thread in general discussion we can use.
Eeyup. I started that one up a while ago, and quite a few things mentioned there have already been remedied. No idea if that was because of it's existance or not, or if any of y'all are keeping an eye on it, but hey, thanks for working with the community nonetheless. ;)

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I feel like this forum needs a Meta board, for stuff like this and for suggestions and discussion of changes.

It's on a lot of other forums, and for good reason. They generally help, at least for awhile.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
I feel like this forum needs a Meta board, for stuff like this and for suggestions and discussion of changes.

It's on a lot of other forums, and for good reason. They generally help, at least for awhile.
I suggest you do a little research before making suggestions. ;)
Bugs, yeah, throw 'em my way in here. Suggestions, I believe there was a thread in general discussion we can use.
Eeyup. I started that one up a while ago, and quite a few things mentioned there have already been remedied. No idea if that was because of it's existance or not, or if any of y'all are keeping an eye on it, but hey, thanks for working with the community nonetheless. ;)
Making an entire board for bug reports/suggestions/change discussion might be something worth looking into in the future should this forum become significantly larger than it is now, as having reports listed in a case-by-case basis does help with organization. However, as it stands, I think a thread is enough.

Reactions: Sutekh94

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Making an entire board for bug reports/suggestions/change discussion might be something worth looking into in the future should this forum become significantly larger than it is now, as having reports listed in a case-by-case basis does help with organization. However, as it stands, I think a thread is enough.
Yep. Thread should work for now, will expand if needed.

I type into the search bar and it appears black and I can't see it against the dark background.

This is Chrome on Windows 10 in Incognito mode while the browser is in a small window in the right corner of the screen.

View attachment 506
Will look into it

Reactions: Firekirby

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com

Bugfixes
  • Fixed selection text appearing too dark in Chrome-based browsers.
  • Fixed search text appearing as black in mobile-sized screens in Chrome based browsers (You wouldn't believe how silly finding what was breaking was.)
  • Fixed default forum logo for Facebook linking.
  • Fixed Favicon not showing properly in some browser/OS combinations.
  • Misc. code cleaning.

Improvements
  • New default avatars!
  • New unread forum node icons. Extra nifty in Firefox!
  • Tianhuo's separated-at-birth evil twin Tian hou is no longer impersonating the Captain of the Royal Guard and has now been relocated to the dun... has received an invitation from the Empress to visit Lava Lake Laojiao.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
New default avatars!
The standard and tiny avatar in the forum looks arizona-y enough, but if you click on it (or check the profile page of the recipment) it shows that standard head in the higher resolution image.
For gals it seems to work fine though.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sniff. Firefox still no hex avatars... not that I mind too much, but consistency tho!

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
The standard and tiny avatar in the forum looks arizona-y enough, but if you click on it (or check the profile page of the recipment) it shows that standard head in the higher resolution image.
For gals it seems to work fine though.
Fixed!

Sniff. Firefox still no hex avatars... not that I mind too much, but consistency tho!
Yay for browsers not maintaining the same coding standards! :c

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
What do you mean with "broken"?
got a screencap?
Ah, yes sorry, I meant the hexagonal border has disappeared in that view (profile page 'n stuff. The higher res images.)
The big one is missing that border, while the small one does not. And I'm using Chrome and it worked until now. The spirit of firefox is haunting us!
asd.GIF
-Edit-
Yup, just checked, it's missing for everyone.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Did the staff list got shorter? I think I remember Whitetail and Oreo being in it at the past. Or am I remembering wrong?

On a more buggy-bug:
When the last post in a forum happened on Wednesday, the AM/PM marker slides under the last responding guy's avatar
Képkivágás.JPG
Not sure if it's only a problem on non-widescreen monitors like mine, so if anyone else can check it might be helpful.
--edit--
Ah, yes, I forgot, I use Chrome. Edge also have this issue (if anyone uses it)

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Found another random human-face avatar bug. On my phone, in that new posts window, the default avatar switches back to the human-head. (it seemed alright everywhere else) I can't give you a picture, since it already cycled out.
--edit--
The avatar belonged to one who didn't specify gender, if that helps. An other guy (having the "male" tag) didn't seem to have this little bug and that was the only thing I've found as different between them.

--edit--
Screenshot_2016-04-18-10-52-46.png
Screenshot_2016-04-18-10-53-24.png

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Minor bug:
Since the Singularity, the background doesn't....loop(?). The standard background hexagoney picture only appears once, so on any non widescreen monitors/phone screens the bottom of the page is a simple dark sploch.
At first with the "mane6" over static bacground was alright, the ones after that however switched the looping off and it haven't been turned back on.
Not really noticeable though.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Minor bug:
Since the Singularity, the background doesn't....loop(?). The standard background hexagoney picture only appears once, so on any non widescreen monitors/phone screens the bottom of the page is a simple dark sploch.
At first with the "mane6" over static bacground was alright, the ones after that however switched the looping off and it haven't been turned back on.
Not really noticeable though.
What OS are you accessing the site on? Because from what I can see, the background isn't meant to scroll at all. As for the grey bar at the bottom, that's meant to be there as the site's signature with social media links.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
What OS are you accessing the site on? Because from what I can see, the background isn't meant to scroll at all. As for the grey bar at the bottom, that's meant to be there as the site's signature with social media links.
Oh, it's fixed already. It was only visible because the background is a single image which doesn't fill out the entire screen in certain aspect ratios.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Again, the default avatar don't match with its smaller variant.
It's all your new large avatar's fault isn't it Anu?
Képkivágás.JPG

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Ah. I see what happened. Update reset the path/to/images for some reason.
... Have I mentioned this is my first time working with forum software in like 15 years?
Hey, I am here to find stuff. Like the still missing hexagonal borders for large images. Also, I know squishing a bug spawns two more.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So in mobile, at least on this Kindle Fire, Anu's avatar is the previous picture, but upon clicking on his profile, only the background ambiance appears. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a screenshot.

Edit: Fixed
Double Edit: Was fixed, now it's not again.

Last edited:

rod7post

sorry for my english! :c
Feb 3, 2016
So in mobile, at least on this Kindle Fire, Anu's avatar is the previous picture, but upon clicking on his profile, only the background ambiance appears. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a screenshot.

Edit: Fixed
it a gif :D anuka change his profile image for a gif that flashing with the image of fred <3

only you can see in his profile page :p

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
That's not a bug it's a feature. Considering everyone's avatar works fine (usually), I would expect him to be messing around with his own in the code. Do you Anu?
Also, Klint, Windows have a little program, I think it's called the snipping tool in english, which can help.

Also, to not clutter this thread with useless stuff, the "Wednesday" is still pushing the AM/PM marker under the poster's avatar. I would guess some minor formatting stuff that have some bloody convolluted fix which will mess up everything on the page. Only Wednesday has this issue.
upload_2016-5-16_23-41-33.png

A bit larger:
upload_2016-5-16_23-44-3.png

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance

Bug Fixes
  • Hexavatars now working properly in member card/member profiles in Google Chrome browser
Known Issues
  • Hexavatars STILL not showing properly in Firefox, due to unsupported CSS. SVG fallback not workin' for some reason. I hate cross browser compatibility :c
  • Wednesday still broken. Very tempted to cancel Wednesday altogether.
    • Percussive maintenance. Wednesday works properly now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Hexavatars STILL not showing properly in Firefox, due to unsupported CSS. SVG fallback not workin' for some reason. I hate cross browser compatibility :c
Well, your large head disappeared again. Bug, or feature?
Wednesday still broken. Very tempted to cancel Wednesday altogether.
Can't you just... icrease the textbox it uses? Or the last commenter box with a few pixels? Never seen how it looks, let alone works, so I have no idea.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Well, your large head disappeared again. Bug, or feature?

Can't you just... icrease the textbox it uses? Or the last commenter box with a few pixels? Never seen how it looks, let alone works, so I have no idea.
I did, it refuses to bend to my will.

Edit: It just complained itself into being fixed.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Improvements
  • Some new toys for you guys to play with in the smilies department. Looking to eventually replace the basic set as well. Please note that excessive use of these is a violation of global forum rule #4 and will be dealt with accordingly. They also are not enabled for Profile posts.

:arizona::Velvet::oleander:
:Paprika::Pom::Tianhuo:
Tianhuo's head looks ENORMOUS.