List of Livestream Lore/Gameplay Bits

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
If Lauren is ever part of a stream again, someone really needs to ask her the following questions:

1: Do you consider elephants ungulates?
2: Did you know that cetaceans are now considered ungulates?

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
hopefully she'll be in one of them eventually...she hasnt been in any of the newer workstreams thus we couldnt really ask her anything about this game though idk if she really did anything after finishing all the lore? But it still would be interesting none the less and theres still goat after the game comes out...sigh which will take another year or so..

TheWalrus

Feb 17, 2016
If Lauren is ever part of a stream again, someone really needs to ask her the following questions:

1: Do you consider elephants ungulates?
2: Did you know that cetaceans are now considered ungulates?
Some people have already asked her about it. If I remember it correctly, in the context of the game Ungulate is any hoofed animal. No hooves, no ungulates.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I don't care what anyone says, I'm not watching 2 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds of lethargic chat-controlled fighting in the hopes that someone says something interesting during this time. Maybe Lauren joins halfway through, puts on facecam, dances the argentine tango and reveals the meaning of life, but I guess we'll never know, will we? Anyway, onto the stream...

TWITCH PLAYS TFH, AND ONE LONG HANGOUT WITH THE CHAT
PART ONLY

2:38:30 - If the game comes to console, it'll be far in the future.
2:40:36 - There's going to be multiple ways to unlock items, such as achievments and in-game currency
2:42:40 - Tentative yes to whether or not streaming the beta will be allowed. Wait and see.
2:52:09 - Socks as a lobby item are brought up. Nappy admits he didn't think of that. The fool clearly does not understand the power of socks.
2:55:51 - Pom carries her puppies around in her pompadour. Confirmed. (I mean, it's not confirmed, but if I say it is in this post maybe it'll be enough to convince the devs to confirm it in the final product.)
3:01:34 - Expect more backstory for the characters that already have lore made for them.
3:07:13 - The game probably won't have fancy animated cutscenes, but it probably will have cutscenes using the visual lobby.
3:15:35 - Eventually there will be playable predators. Plural. So at least two, sounds like.
3:19:45 - The game logic runs at 60fps, and they don't think there's a framerate cap.
3:24:49 - Boss battles are planned. Plural. So at least two, sounds like.
3:38:37 - For the tutorial, they wants something at least on par with Skullgirls
3:40:38 - The Gottagofast Dance from the last game being included in this game as a taunt is almost unavoidable.
3:47:55 - Goat info! She's not going to be very big, potentially a little smaller than the other characters.
3:49:04 - Nappy is going to explore getting the goat to stand on the ceiling.
4:02:24 - The tragic tale of the world's first (and last) magma fight.
4:08:59 - The backgrounds will be full-on 3D, not just parallax.
4:10:57 - HERESY! Jay, you're a New Zealander, you don't get to say things like that about Pom.
4:15:55 - One of the images in Pom's Book of Lore was called "EvenDogsAgreeBroccoliIsTerrible.png" and this is probably the reason why.
4:39:19 - The palettes created by backers will only be one palette for one character per person. The characters have different colour layouts so you can't just make a universal palette that fits everyone.
4:51:39 - Lobby items that make noise or have potentially annoying effects will probably be limited. Either that or there will be an option to turn them off.
4:52:56 - You will not be able to block straight out of a tea-taunt, but you will be able to super/dash/etc.
5:03:44 - Yep, that's pretty much what happened. Adorable gang fights to come.
5:10:38 - There will be macros for double-input stuff. I don't actually know what this means, but I'm sure this is important to somebody.
5:12:20 - They don't think they'll have 360s in this game.
5:16:37 - Yep, the devs are well aware what the name "Pom" looks like if you look at it the wrong way. Hardcore Pom
5:28:32 - Tianhuo's tail is made of burning fart gas. This sounds like a joke, but really, that fire's gotta have some kind of fuel, so if you consider gas that comes from the tailbone to still be "fart gas" the answer actually is yes. Or maybe she secretes a flamable oil from her tailbone. Butt-gas or butt-oil. I don't know which is worse.
5:33:43 - The visual lobby will probably not let you enter random buildings (other than little things you can kinda stand inside like the little houses in the visual lobby trailer).
5:44:41 - The amount of people that can be in the visual lobby at once is unknown at this point, but they hope it will be a lot.
5:46:11 - The font used for the ingame text is called Dock 11.

Aaaaand abrupt ending. Quite a lot of treading of old ground in this one. I guess it's easy to forget. Good thing we have a hero like me here to battle against the horrors of redundant redundancy. That said, I did almost fall asleep a few times while making this list so I might have missed stuff. Oh well, if it wasn't important enough to wake me up, it probably wasn't a big deal anyway.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
2:40:36 - There's going to be multiple ways to unlock items, such as achievments and in-game currency
CURRENCY, YUS!!! INB4 Gambling Ring!
Socks as a lobby item are brought up. Nappy admits he didn't think of that. The fool clearly does not understand the power of socks.
I do believe that was me. You can all thank me later. Or now works too.
For the tutorial, they wants something at least on par with Skullgirls
Sweet Sejenus, that would be nice!

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I know I just did one of these but I have nothing else to do today and this is a long one, so if I don't do it now it might be ages before I can actually get around to doing it.

MANE6 WORK STREAM 1 - SAT 21 NOV
PART 1
...They don't really get a chance to do anything before quality settings kick in. Damn quality. What has it ever done for US?

PART 2
0:56 - Ah yes, Oleander's ill-fated, cutesy butt-wiggle idle animation. It's tragic that almost the entire stream is dedicated to making this animation only for it to be killed dead in the next one. The devs giveth, the devs taketh away, but we will always have these streams to remember you by. *In the arms of an angel...*
12:10 - It's noted that the stuff from the Book of Lore, if they want to improve it, might not stick through the entire 18 month dev cycle. If they want to do something cooler, the Lore could be changed slightly. So don't get too attached to those backstories guys! ...Too late.
1:51:28 - Zoom and enhance on the butt-wiggle! Why am I talking so much about the butt-wiggle? Because there's REALLY not a lot else to talk about in this stream. Look at that timestamp. An hour and 39 minutes with nothing notable to say. I got stir-crazy.

PART 3
6:51 - This won't be relevant when the game releases, but the different boxes in Hotbox and Sparring Mode do different things. The green ones are hurtboxes (where you can be hurt), the red ones are hitboxes (that you can use to hit) and the blue ones are collision boxes (that cannot pass through other collision boxes, and show where a character can be grabbed).
14:46 - They're still trying to figure out how they're going to do Fred. This is an issue I don't think they've solved yet (at the time of my typing this).
19:43 - The ground stomp Arizona does is going to have an effect where the earth breaks in a sort of hulk-esque wave.
25:40 - The game was nameless for about a year, then they picked "Stampede" as the perfect name. They ran with it until a few weeks before the crowdfund, then they checked legal and found it was no good. As for character names, Velvet was decided on very early. Arizona was decided on fairly early, and it was briefly discussed that she be called "Dakota" but that sounded like a stripper name so they didn't go for that one. Too human.
27:15 - Oleander's teleports are button relative, not character relative.
27:26 - Tianhuo's name was fairly early decided. They double-checked to make sure it wasn't an insult or a nonsense word or anything, and it wasn't. Paprika was fairly early, Pom and Oleander's names were picked pretty much right as the crowdfund was starting. There was a lot of lists and voting.
30:35 - Jay is planning on having 3 or 4 variations on each idle so that it looks a little more dynamic (and so the characters can blink). They are also thinking about having the characters react to being left idle for a long time by kinda looking around a bit wondering what's going on.
33:19 - They want Fred to talk in-game.
40:37 - They don't know if backers will be able to make goat palettes yet. They don't want people to be waiting until goat releases to submit palettes for her.

Yeah, not too much in this one. Most of part 2 was just showing how stuff is made on the technical side, and that's not the sort of thing I usually cover on these lists. The work streams are less about Q&A and more about... work. Still, I'll pull out the best bits for you.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Awesome! Will he have the big deep menacing voice, the calmer and friendlier voice, or both?
iunno.

MANE6 WORK STREAM 2 - JAN 16
PART 1
5:00 - R.I.P. Butt-wiggle. Hopefully you'll appear in the final version in some form. If not, hey, look at it this way. You were literally too cute to stay in the game. Literally, that's why you were removed. If somebody told me to leave a premise becasue I was too cute, I would take it as a massive complement.
6:49 - UHM. WHAT WAS THAT AERIAL. DEVS. ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT?
9:39 - I know this is just a developer feature, but I think it's really cool as well. I don't know why, it's just neat.
11:04 - I don't usually point out the introduction of new moves in these lists, but I also really like that Velvet wind turrent thing. I don't know what it is about this stream, it just makes me happy. Everything is so clean and nice. Makes me excited for this game.
19:09 - Pom has the best animations. This is a fact.
19:55 - The glorious introduction of FLOAT COW!
22:36 - "Digging." Jay says it before anyone else can.
27:27 - Aaaaand PETA hates this game.
32:12 - "So many puppy butts." ~Some guy in the twitch chat. (It wasn't me this time, I swear).
37:17 - Puppy palettes will be tied to Pom. They're going to be tackling the issue of how to make two Poms have different looking puppies in the future.
38:52 - They want the puppies to dance during the tea-taunts too.
47:27 - If the fighting game is successful, they'd love to explore TFH in other formats.
48:14 - "Puppy just bounced off the floor, died, and killed the game." Huh, reminds me of the first and last time I played 'Puppyball.'
52:42 - "...Which is funny for a moment, but then it's just kinda sad." Again, just like 'Puppyball.'
1:03:28 - The TFH plushies were backer only, if you want one, you'll have to commission the person for one independant of Mane6.
1:10:45 - They have ideas for the name of the world's currency that they aren't sharing yet.
1:11:04 - Pom looks a little big right now because of the cardboard blobs. She'll look smaller once she's properly animated.
1:13:42 - That CowCamis looking pretty good!
1:14:34 - Nappy says that messing around with the camera will be fun when they get to Goat. Assumedly that has something to do with the wall-climbing mechanics.
1:15:26 - I just realised that the pattern on Arizona's shoulder contorts weirdly during her idle. This is bothering me now. I can't stop looking at it.
1:17:37 - THERE'S THAT OLEANDER AERIAL AGAIN! Damn this game is spooky.
1:18:45 - They're tossing up the idea of having the appendages Fred uses during his attacks vary between hand and tenticle, even for the same attack.
1:21:43 - They have lots of ideas for intro animations. I believe they talk about this more in the next stream.

PART 2
4:19 - Adorable Pom is made smaller and therefore more adorable.
7:56 - Just like with Fred's hand/tenticle, they want to have a slightly random element to Velvet's ice sculptures, switching up which one she makes.
18:35 - YES. DO IT.
21:26 - They're hoping to bring in some of the old talent from the last game to do some voices if they can.
21:57 - Regarding Pom, it was a toss-up between Kiwi and Welsh. Jay mumbles the explaination but I think he said they chose Kiwi because it was funnier and it made Pom sound really nice. RC88 is Welsh, Jay is Kiwi, so it could have gone either way. At the very beginning some of her ideas were based on Scottish stuff.
32:31 - Spideer deer! Spideer deer! Does whatever a Spideer dares! (Plus a bunch of other experimental animations are shown).
52:37 - And now a 3-headed deer for 3 times the smug grin.
1:06:45 - The lobby sprites we've seen are placeholder. The final versions will probably have walking animations instead of just bobbing up and down.

Not included, disappointingly, is the bonus scene of Oleander hitting one of Pom's puppies into the air and causing them to spin around forever like a piece of butter-side-up toast tide to the back of a cat. Devs, if you still have that clip, please upload it somewhere, I only got to see it once and it was hilarious.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
iunno.

MANE6 WORK STREAM 2 - JAN 16
PART 1
5:00 - R.I.P. Butt-wiggle. Hopefully you'll appear in the final version in some form. If not, hey, look at it this way. You were literally too cute to stay in the game. Literally, that's why you were removed. If somebody told me to leave a premise becasue I was too cute, I would take it as a massive complement.
6:49 - UHM. WHAT WAS THAT AERIAL. DEVS. ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT?
9:39 - I know this is just a developer feature, but I think it's really cool as well. I don't know why, it's just neat.
11:04 - I don't usually point out the introduction of new moves in these lists, but I also really like that Velvet wind turrent thing. I don't know what it is about this stream, it just makes me happy. Everything is so clean and nice. Makes me excited for this game.
19:09 - Pom has the best animations. This is a fact.
19:55 - The glorious introduction of FLOAT COW!
22:36 - "Digging." Jay says it before anyone else can.
27:27 - Aaaaand PETA hates this game.
32:12 - "So many puppy butts." ~Some guy in the twitch chat. (It wasn't me this time, I swear).
37:17 - Puppy palettes will be tied to Pom. They're going to be tackling the issue of how to make two Poms have different looking puppies in the future.
38:52 - They want the puppies to dance during the tea-taunts too.
47:27 - If the fighting game is successful, they'd love to explore TFH in other formats.
48:14 - "Puppy just bounced off the floor, died, and killed the game." Huh, reminds me of the first and last time I played 'Puppyball.'
52:42 - "...Which is funny for a moment, but then it's just kinda sad." Again, just like 'Puppyball.'
1:03:28 - The TFH plushies were backer only, if you want one, you'll have to commission the person for one independant of Mane6.
1:10:45 - They have ideas for the name of the world's currency that they aren't sharing yet.
1:11:04 - Pom looks a little big right now because of the cardboard blobs. She'll look smaller once she's properly animated.
1:13:42 - That CowCamis looking pretty good!
1:14:34 - Nappy says that messing around with the camera will be fun when they get to Goat. Assumedly that has something to do with the wall-climbing mechanics.
1:15:26 - I just realised that the pattern on Arizona's shoulder contorts weirdly during her idle. This is bothering me now. I can't stop looking at it.
1:17:37 - THERE'S THAT OLEANDER AERIAL AGAIN! Damn this game is spooky.
1:18:45 - They're tossing up the idea of having the appendages Fred uses during his attacks vary between hand and tenticle, even for the same attack.
1:21:43 - They have lots of ideas for intro animations. I believe they talk about this more in the next stream.

PART 2
4:19 - Adorable Pom is made smaller and therefore more adorable.
7:56 - Just like with Fred's hand/tenticle, they want to have a slightly random element to Velvet's ice sculptures, switching up which one she makes.
18:35 - YES. DO IT.
21:26 - They're hoping to bring in some of the old talent from the last game to do some voices if they can.
21:57 - Regarding Pom, it was a toss-up between Kiwi and Welsh. Jay mumbles the explaination but I think he said they chose Kiwi because it was funnier and it made Pom sound really nice. RC88 is Welsh, Jay is Kiwi, so it could have gone either way. At the very beginning some of her ideas were based on Scottish stuff.
32:31 - Spideer deer! Spideer deer! Does whatever a Spideer dares! (Plus a bunch of other experimental animations are shown).
52:37 - And now a 3-headed deer for 3 times the smug grin.
1:06:45 - The lobby sprites we've seen are placeholder. The final versions will probably have walking animations instead of just bobbing up and down.

Not included, disappointingly, is the bonus scene of Oleander hitting one of Pom's puppies into the air and causing them to spin around forever like a piece of butter-side-up toast tide to the back of a cat. Devs, if you still have that clip, please upload it somewhere, I only got to see it once and it was hilarious.
Stunt, mad, buddy, calm down, you're going to give yourself Stream Fever if you don't take it easy. I mean, we appreciate that you're doing this, and you're even M6 Dev team approved, but don't kill your eye sight just for us.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Also, two in one day Stunt? Much appreciated, but don't kill yourself mate!
Stunt, mad, buddy, calm down, you're going to give yourself Stream Fever if you don't take it easy. I mean, we appreciate that you're doing this, and you're even M6 Dev team approved, but don't kill your eye sight just for us.
Jeeze, guys, stop worrying. I didn't do that post on the same day as my last one. I took a break, went to bed and then did it when I woke up on the next day. Now, if I was to do ANOTHER stream RIGHT NOW, THEN you guys would have reason to worry.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #3 - FEB 19
PART 1
6:56 - All hail the flying puppy!
9:19 - Attacking the puppies to get them off screen will be calculated either by hit or by damage. Devs are still trying to feel that out,
11:47 - "Big Dog Pom" sounds badass. I wanna play as Big Dog Pom.
13:21 - They want a general tutorial, as well as a few "Tips 'N Tricks" that are character-specific.
14:00 - She's a firestarter! Twisted firestarter! Tianhuo is looking pretty awesome, especially now that we get to see her in motion.
20:44 - Right now they're running with the idea of Tian's magic filling up the opposite way Velvet's does: getting closer to the opponent refills faster.
26:13 - A Challenger Appears! It's Lindsay, the background lady! Everybody say "Hi, Lindsay!"
26:50 - Sooner or later the sea/aurora in the Background will be stuck to the centre instead of moving around with everything else. Lindsay will be trying to animate the aurora
27:51 - They plan on having all the backgrounds in 3D with a 2D option. I think this was said in a previous stream but I'm too lazy to re-read my own lists.
28:48 - There will be at least 1 stage per character and a training stage. They'll see what they need from there.
30:23 - They want to make the training stage more interesting than just a grid. They are keeping in mind that some people may just want a grid though.
34:36 - OFFENCIVE SHIRT KNITTING! As in it's for offence, not that the shirts are offencive. Though they might be, who knows.
39:03 - Oleander dressed as Raven. She even has the leotard.

PART 2
I passed out for about 45 minutes, then I woke up, then I took a shower, and now back to the stream.
0:00 - OH. HELLO NIGHTMARE ARIZONA. I think this explains why I passed out.
48:14 - They want to take the game places. Unfortunately, taking things places costs money. They'll keep exploring that. They want to go to EVO at least! Keep in mind they don't actually have a marketing budget.

PART 3
13:50 - Anu at it again with the Fred/Oleander shipping.
15:46 - The team talks at length about how they have dozens of ideas for game intros that they probably won't ever be able to do because game intro are really expensive and take a long time. There's a reason so many game studios outsource their intros. Still, Mane6 are keen to try some stuff out.
48:33 - The devs give the factions their seal of approval. Because they're cool like that.

There. I did it. I did all the streams. I'll do future streams as they get put up on YouTube. Devs, I want a cookie and a handshake for my efforts.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Jeeze, guys, stop worrying. I didn't do that post on the same day as my last one. I took a break, went to bed and then did it when I woke up on the next day. Now, if I was to do ANOTHER stream RIGHT NOW, THEN you guys would have reason to worry.

PART 1
9:19 - Attacking the puppies to get them off screen will be calculated either by hit or by damage. Devs are still trying to feel that out,
13:21 - They want a general tutorial, as well as a few "Tips 'N Tricks" that are character-specific.
14:00 - She's a firestarter! Twisted firestarter! Tianhuo is looking pretty awesome, especially now that we get to see her in motion.
20:44 - Right now they're running with the idea of Tian's magic filling up the opposite way Velvet's does: getting closer to the opponent refills faster.
26:13 - A Challenger Appears! It's Lindsay, the background lady! Everybody say "Hi, Lindsay!"
26:50 - Sooner or later the sea/aurora in the Background will be stuck to the centre instead of moving around with everything else. Lindsay will be trying to animate the aurora
27:51 - They plan on having all the backgrounds in 3D with a 2D option. I think this was said in a previous stream but I'm too lazy to re-read my own lists.
28:48 - There will be at least 1 stage per character and a training stage. They'll see what they need from there.
30:23 - They want to make the training stage more interesting than just a grid. They are keeping in mind that some people may just want a grid though.
34:36 - OFFENCIVE SHIRT KNITTING! As in it's for offence, not that the shirts are offencive. Though they might be, who knows.

PART 2
I passed out for about 45 minutes, then I woke up, then I took a shower, and now back to the stream.
48:14 - They want to take the game places. Unfortunately, taking things places costs money. They'll keep exploring that. They want to go to EVO at least! Keep in mind they don't actually have a marketing budget.

PART 3
15:46 - The team talks at length about how they have dozens of ideas for game intros that they probably won't ever be able to do because game intro are really expensive and take a long time. There's a reason so many game studios outsource their intros. Still, Mane6 are keen to try some stuff out.
48:33 - The devs give the factions their seal of approval. Because they're cool like that.

There. I did it. I did all the streams. I'll do future streams as they get put up on YouTube. Devs, I want a cookie and a handshake for my efforts.
Well they can only give you those two things in spirit, but they will be sending you a "I watched all of the livestreams and sorted through it all to get the lore... and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" T-Shirt in the mail. (Ran out of space on the front of the shirt.)

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Not exactly from the livestreams, but Lauren Faust's DeviantArt version of Arizona's Book of Lore includes a short text about the Cattlekind and The Prairie, absent in the mane6.com version, that some people may have missed:

Them's Fightin's Herds - The Legend of Arizona
I'm glad I read it on her DA first, because that is some important info that is missing! Didn't realize it wasn't in the M6 site lore!

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

Thank you so much for doing these summaries of past streams!. Never have had the time to fully watch them.

Also, one thing I remember from one stream that had Lauren was someone in the chat asking her what her favorite game was; to which she said was Zelda: The Wind Waker :) . Makes sense when you look at her past work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Back in the saddle, I guess. Well, any old excuse to not do the work I'm supposed to be doing right now. It's worth mentioning that I actually got to see this stream while it was happening and before it started I made a joke about Pomography and then someone said something about Pomhub and then well... yeah... Also, normally I'd point out the times when the Devs talk about butts, because I consider that sort of thing to be super important, but it happens so much in the first part of this stream that I'm not going to bother. Let's just say that the height of Pom's butt is a hot topic in Part 1.

MANE 6 WORK STREAM #4 - MAR 25

PART 1
0:00 - There it is. Pomhub. If I could, I'd rename the Pom Patrol that. I think the best thing about this, though, is that we all know Jay had to google-image search "Pornhub" in order to get that logo.
8:13 - For the puppies, they want the animations to be internally consistant so that if the puppy during an animation, say, turns it's head, you would always see the side of the head you were supposed to. The puppies will just be flipped when they go to different sides, but for the individual animations, everything should have continuity.
10:55 - To distinguish the puppies from each other, they're considering alternate ears. Just considering.
29:05 - There's Jay's Pom song. Take a drink every time he sings it.
32:47 - Drink.
36:34 - Drink.
45:26 - Drink.
58:40 - They're thinking about giving Pom an adorable little bell around her neck to help break up her colours. They seem to want to do something similar with Paprika, because she's also just a blob of colour. If I may, maybe a shawl drapped over her back like a saddle blanket? Or some kind of poncho? Might get in the way of her fluff attacks, but not as much as, say, a shirt would.
1:02:49 - Drink. I think that's it.

PART 2
0:00 - On Twitch, this part of the stream was given the disclaimer "Warning: Hardcore Pomography." Proud of you, devs.
1:04 - Backround is pretty swish! Pomfy there is also pretty cute! Lots of nice stuff to look at. First pass, WIP, but still, looking good so far.
6:42 - Enter Big Momma.
9:04 - And enter Big Daddy (not the deep-sea diver kind, the actually big, actually a daddy kind). Nappy comments that depending on how the story goes, the cascade of puppies may be replaced with "other characters."
11:38 - They plan on having the level 3's be a more flashy option, they aren't building the gameplay around it. (They'll still do good damage though).
20:30 - Epic grabs.
24:41 - More info on having the icons change as characters get more beat up: They want to do it. Nappy likes animated portraits.
25:15 - Paprika probably won't give you an exploding gift, she loves you, she doesn't want you to explode.
26:40 - Silly devs. Apples don't fly. Yet.
27:33 - Paprika will be getting different animations for several of her moves that better fit her character.
30:20 - In order to eat the food Paprika pulls out, the associated attack must be done. Obviously though, this means that if you aren't careful, attacking in the wrong place could lock you into an animation that leaves you vulnerable.
30:59 - They want to revive the idea from the old game of the stages reacting to the characters, like stuff falling over and all that.
31:26 - They want Paprika to have Party Hoers's ability to teleport out of a container she throws out onto the stage, beneath the opponent. Maybe a picnic basket?

PART 3
3:26 - Yes, that momma dog probably will be that huge. Predators in this universe are mean-lookin' mother/fathers. Though it's likely the characters are small rather than the predators being too big.
9:22 - Hitting a dog in addition to Pom will not cause additional hitstop.
10:14 - Being on fire is just for looks, it doesn't mean anything.
10:25 - When character flashes red (at least at this stage), it means they got counter-hit (hit during the startup of one of their attacks). There will be a bonus for performing a counter-hit, but what that bonus is changes all the time.
11:43 - How big Longma's get is still being discussed. Nappy jokes that the older ones just get longer.
12:52 - Exact character ages are still up in the air. Tian is probably not a child, though even Nappy says that he can't say for certain.
16:05 - You cannot control Pom's puppies while she is being hit.
17:05 - The SFX system is being rebuilt, they have a new sound designer, and there's going to be much meatier sounds in the coming streams.
19:50 - Arizona has a counter that can deal with a lot of stuff, some armoured moves, and a lot of good close-to-ground movement.
20:22 - There will not be random events that affect gameplay. Anything extra will be visual. In Singleplayer or any abnormal modes they might add, they have the power to change the rules a little, but they want the fighting to just be normal.
23:58 - They want to be able to tell which puppy is which, it's just a matter of practicality to see how or if they do this.
28:34 - BOOTY DENIED! (As Nappy says later, referring to this part of the video)
29:18 - BOOTY DENIED! (As Nappy says now, referring to an earlier part of the video)
29:54 - That picnic basket from earlier? Maybe it will catch on fire and disappear when it's left out for too long.
30:28 - Costumes = Hard to do on 2D animated sprites. Different Patterns = Less hard to do on 2D animated sprites.
32:06 - Right now, Paprika's items can be bounced back at her. It won't damage her though.
34:13 - Velvet does have a reversal, right now it costs 2 magic.
34:48 - They do, indeed, want to do something fun visually when Tian is frozen.
36:19 - "We love all of you." YOU?! That's me!
36:26 - Licky licky alpaca

And so ends a stream full of butts and Pomography. Overall, it was a good stream.

TheWalrus

Feb 17, 2016
PART 2
1:04 - Backround is pretty swish! Pomfy there is also pretty cute! Lots of nice stuff to look at. First pass, WIP, but still, looking good so far.
Also, a viking ship.

There was a "Reindeer Viking" tier during the crowdfunding and Lauren Faust wanted to include Viking Caribou in Lawyer Friendly Equines, but now Vikings are officially canon.

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
The Friday Livestream was great as always however it was sad to see ManeSix continuously using poor Arizona as a punching bag

...but its ok. She can STAKE it!

OK thats enough of the puns, ALPACA it in

AHEM, I think the stand out of this stream (for me anyway) was Jay's presentation of Paprikas bouncey bobbily-floof. Not only was it hella cute but also really insightful for me as I sometimes animate in Flash and I've never seen that technique of pseudo line manipulations using fills. The more you know! Also really liked the newly added extra-lewd nude-floo-fless body frame as an animation guide. The best way to draw and animate clothes is to first draw the form they will fit to and then add the clothes after the fact and since Paprikas floof is essentially a giant downy jacket it makes perfect sense to use this technique. I'd give kudos to Jay but the SLACKER never comes on the forums to chat with us!
Jokes Jay m'mate, Hope your have a great long weekend, ANZAC

This stream also marks a historic occasion; seamless transition between between Jay and Nappy while streaming. Just dripping with professionalism like rain all over our Panic baskets.

We also got to see Linsay's new background for Arizona's Prarie/Canyon In game! She's been working really hard on these backgrounds and it shows. Such vibrant colours and stark shadows to cut thought the brightness, love it.

And finally, we got a "taste" of Paprikas magic Items system which has spawned one of my favourite animations in the game.

OM NOM NOM, Thanks as always for the stream guys. See you next time *dash*

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
You forgot the "Pom getting headbutted animation" I think that was hilarious, even if it makes me feel so bad

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
You forgot the "Pom getting headbutted animation" I think that was hilarious, even if it makes me feel so bad
Your right... I shouldn't post this because it makes Arizona look like the worst. Sorry Ari!

NO MERCY

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Actually this made me notice the Puppy is glitching backwards. He has no animation for short distances.

Feb 22, 2016
You're right! I didn' t mention that. It was actually revealed earlier in the Backers only section of the site thats why the reveal wasnt a surprise for me. Ill make another post shortly with all Poms alternate skins.
And the puppy-copter. Can't forget the puppy-copter. (If that's possible, of course.)

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
And the puppy-copter. Can't forget the puppy-copter. (If that's possible, of course.)
I can do it but I have a favour to ask of people. As y'all can see the .gifs I'm recording are quite large and the quality could be better anyone have any recommendations for programs they use for quick optimised gifs? Also webm recording would be great.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, if we're allowed, we can just steal the one from the backers' section, but I'm not sure.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Do not take any content that the Devs have posted in the backer's forum and post them anywhere else. That actually makes it have no meaning.
Not even those little pictures that were later shown during the stream? Okay, then. Now it falls on Lockerobster (or anyone really) to copy it from the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Not even those little pictures that were later shown during the stream? Okay, then. Now it falls on Lockerobster (or anyone really) to copy it from the video.
That is correct. If you make your own content out of the stream videos, sure, go right ahead.

And please. Don't get sassy with links. Just doing my job.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
That is correct. If you make your own content out of the stream videos, sure, go right ahead.

And please. Don't get sassy with links. Just doing my job.
Ye deleted my link! Yer tyranny knows no bounds!......... (Don't take me too seriously. It's bad for your mental health. Even if I don't look like it, I'm perfectly aware what I should or should not do)

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
And Jay has been confirmed to be using Flash CS3. By other people in the chat. Who probably knew what they are looking at. And why is this so important that I specifically wrote it down before Stunthead takes the spotlight?