Lockerobster art thread

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
And now I need that hoodie...
Glad you like it. I feel like I didnt flesh out the hoodie design enough, maybe ill tweak it in future sketches.

... Pretty accurate all around, actually. Lovin' Fred in the hoodie.
Thanks Anu. I know devs are people too but it still makes me happy when one compliments my stuff :)

And now a new item for the fanart folder.

Also: Gotta love that smile
She acts dark but she cant hide the fact she's a cutie!

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
A couple of things I noted that may change in the final group shot:
- In the lore Lauren made the eyes blue and had no reflection in them
- The dogs right ear doesn't make sense, will need to redraw
- I need to work on the look of all the line tips.
- Alternate catch phrase for this pic should be AYY LMAO

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Done a couple of sketches at work and put them together at home. Hope y'all like it!

Is there someone out there willing to make this hoodie? This would be awesome fan-merch. Mind if I use it for my Oli animation?

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I'm ok at flash by my preferred media clearly traditional art.
You and me are like opposites. I'm very lacking in traditional art but my preferred platform is Adobe Illustrator and using vectors and stuff.

You should try an art program that combines both, like Manga Studio a program that those guys from Penny-Arcade use.

Reactions: LockeRobster

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
You and me are like opposites. I'm very lacking in traditional art but my preferred platform is Adobe Illustrator and using vectors and stuff.

You should try an art program that combines both, like Manga Studio a program that those guys from Penny-Arcade use.
I'm sensing a collaboration coming on one day Rich me old mate.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Here's part of an Idea I had for an intro.

>Camera pointing towards the ground travelling forward fast (like from a helicopter shot or something)
>Camera eventually pans up and hovers here for a few seconds

[Arizona Moos happily]

>Camera continues on upwards to the clouds (which I didn't draw) and sequence continues on.
AND SCENE!

Anyway, hope you like the sketch!

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Such strong, burly men! I can only tremble at the possibilities such a collaboration could create!

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Here's an idea I've been working on for my very first OC ever (I still cringe internally a little when I say it out loud like that). This is subject to MUCH change as I need to figure out how to distinguish Longma as currently she just looks like Tianhuo.

Her name is Corvette. The name (based off the navy vessel not the car) is reflective of her size and speed as she is smaller than most Longma but much quicker. In the Huoshan Military I see her as being a Lieutenant of a small attack wing that compliments the size and strength of Tianhuo and her Elite Imperial Soldiers. I'm in love with the name but its not Asian themed so I'm effectively ruining my own head canon. The other Idea I had for a story is that she doesn't live in Huoshan City but in a smaller Longma colony or amongst other ungulates on the land hence her western sounding name. I really haven't decided yet.

Personality wise, I'd say she's bubbly and athletic with a little bit of sweetness and (naturally) she has a SEMPAI,NOTICE ME complex when it comes to Tianhuo.

Ill screw around with colours later but I'm thinking of making her a light bronze colour similar to this and possibly a green fire if it doesn't look too autistic and it fits in with the lore:

WEW, well I feel like I've wasted enough time on this fantasy today. Let me know what you guys think.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
That third face is great, the one where she looks disgusted about something.
I wish I could do emotions like that.

Also, she sounds a lot like a cross between Gottagofast and Scootaloo right now. not necessarily a bad thing.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
She's looking pretty nice. (Can I animate when you're finished?) She's already looking a bit different than Tianhuo; her jaw-line and nose are different. It looks like there was another face under her what-the-puck-did-you-say face.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Here's an idea I've been working on for my very first OC ever (I still cringe internally a little when I say it out loud like that). This is subject to MUCH change as I need to figure out how to distinguish Longma as currently she just looks like Tianhuo.

Her name is Corvette. The name (based off the navy vessel not the car) is reflective of her size and speed as she is smaller than most Longma but much quicker. In the Huoshan Military I see her as being a Lieutenant of a small attack wing that compliments the size and strength of Tianhuo and her Elite Imperial Soldiers. I'm in love with the name but its not Asian themed so I'm effectively ruining my own head canon. The other Idea I had for a story is that she doesn't live in Huoshan City but in a smaller Longma colony or amongst other ungulates on the land hence her western sounding name. I really haven't decided yet.

Personality wise, I'd say she's bubbly and athletic with a little bit of sweetness and (naturally) she has a SEMPAI,NOTICE ME complex when it comes to Tianhuo.

Ill screw around with colours later but I'm thinking of making her a light bronze colour similar to this and possibly a green fire if it doesn't look too autistic and it fits in with the lore:

WEW, well I feel like I've wasted enough time on this fantasy today. Let me know what you guys think.
She looks absolutely adorable! For some reason I'm reminded of Eevee when I look at your sketches of her.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Can you draw Pom with Pom-poms in a cheerleader outfit cheering on her pups, who are in a fight versus "X". (Bonus points if you can make them fight an actual letter X.)

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Can you draw Pom with Pom-poms in a cheerleader outfit cheering on her pups, who are in a fight versus "X". (Bonus points if you can make them fight an actual letter X.)
I'm working on a comic collaboration at the moment so I I'm afraid I cant help you right now. If the request hasn't been filled in a week or so Ill hit you up.

Reactions: Rich Jammer

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I'm working on a comic collaboration at the moment so I I'm afraid I cant help you right now. If the request hasn't been filled in a week or so Ill hit you up.
It's ok, really I just want SOMEONE to draw this, but I like your art style so it would be interesting if you did draw it.

Reactions: Rich Jammer

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona

I usually don't like OC's that much either but I like yours! I feel vibes of both Pom and Tianhuo in her based on the left pic of her for some reason :D . Keep it up! ;)

Reactions: LockeRobster

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
don't want to sound annoying either, but would love to see you do this random thought I had if you can:
Ok, I thought of something more Lawyer Friendly Equines X Undertale related but still sounds awesome: Lyra and Papyrus stalking Frisk. I picture the two of them peering out of a bush or something at him/her, just stupid levels of excitement on their faces at finding a REAL human

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
HI ANON!

Been a while since I posted some content but I hope this little drawing will be worth the wait for you:

Tianhuo the Venerable Captain of the Royal Guard dressed in her ceremonial armour with her faithful Lieutenant helping her prepare.

You'll notice the armour is taken from The Book Of Lore - Chapter 6 with some minor modifications. The helmet - being carried by my fangirling OC, Lieutenant Corvette was inspired by Firelord Ozai's Phoenix King helmet from the finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I both added and removed some flairs to make it a little more unique.

Had a lot of fun with this one, Having a Longma OC is giving me a greater appreciation for Tianhuo and I cant wait to see some more fleshed out animations of her in the future!

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
HI ANON!

Been a while since I posted some content but I hope this little drawing will be worth the wait for you:

Tianhuo the Venerable Captain of the Royal Guard dressed in her ceremonial armour with her faithful Lieutenant helping her prepare.

You'll notice the armour is taken from The Book Of Lore - Chapter 6 with some minor modifications. The helmet - being carried by my fangirling OC, Lieutenant Corvette was inspired by Firelord Ozai's Phoenix King helmet from the finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I both added and removed some flairs to make it a little more unique.

Had a lot of fun with this one, Having a Longma OC is giving me a greater appreciation for Tianhuo and I cant wait to see some more fleshed out animations of her in the future!
I love your Tianhuo stuff. Especially cause Tianhuo is the one I like the least to draw. I can never really get her right. Especially all those dang extra lines and those dang fire effects.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
HI ANON!

I always thought your OC was kinda hot.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
HI ANON!

Most excellent!