Sketches & Doodles: for those of us who can't draw

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I can't draw but I like to, this is where I will post doodles.
Feel free to request, I don't know what to draw most of the time.
I figure I will start with this doodle,
IMG_20151006_091357297.jpg

Instead of a "Senior Quote" we got a box to do with whatever we pleased, so this is what I did.
It was suggested that you sign your name but whatever.

I drew this Pom the other day,
Pom mad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
>I can't draw but I like to
That's the most important thing fam. If you love it just keep doing it. There's nothing more satisfying than picturing a scene/scenario in your head and being able to create it in the real world. Besides based on these sketches you have a good grasp of scaling which is where a lot of people (including myself) fall over.

If you want to practice draw me a picture of Arizona balancing a bottle of milk on her head. If you don't feel like drawing the full body just draw from the neck up.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
We have spider Velvet. Think you could might do one or two of the others as spiders?

EDIT: My bad, I forgot to mention how nice these look. Fine job, good fellow. Fine job indeed.

Sir'osaurus-Rex

Classiest of Dinosaurs
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Gonna have to agree with Enma here these aren't bad at all. Wish my year book had done something similar to that, just feels more personal if you can do something like that. Any who looks great keep up the good work.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Umm for someone who can't draw? those are pretty good, I can't even get to make doodles that come out as nice as those.

Enma

That one Velvet
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Mexico
enmadarei.com
I feel I should show you the whole Pom picture.
Hey, man, most people have trouble with the legs, you're doing just fine. Nothing wrong with not drawing perfectly, no one does. The more you draw the better your stuff will become, don't sweat it!

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
If you want to practice draw me a picture of Arizona balancing a bottle of milk on her head. If you don't feel like drawing the full body just draw from the neck up.
I will totally draw that; right now should work. I should post it tomorrow.
And as for the Pom drawing, I drew the legs really short as a joke. It did start as the first version I posted, where I just left the legs unfinished, but I thought that it would be funny to make her really short like a corgi.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I will totally draw that; right now should work. I should post it tomorrow.
And as for the Pom drawing, I drew the legs really short as a joke. It did start as the first version I posted, where I just left the legs unfinished, but I thought that it would be funny to make her really short like a corgi.
Pom as a corgi...

If I could, I would throw money at this.

Reactions: <|:n0n4m3:|>

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I can't draw but I like to, this is where I will post doodles.
Feel free to request, I don't know what to draw most of the time.
I figure I will start with this doodle,
View attachment 349
Instead of a "Senior Quote" we got a box to do with whatever we pleased, so this is what I did.
It was suggested that you sign your name but whatever.

I drew this Pom the other day,
View attachment 350
I think they look great, keep up the good work

SpiralKipz

Harbinger of Goatastrophy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Honestly, the only difference between "being able to draw" and NOT is whether or not you spend time on it. Most people who say they "can't draw" just don't have the patience for it. I can't draw anything if I'm just like "Oh I wanna do a quick sketch" but if I sit for an hour and really slowly do it, I'll get something that looks okay at least. With experience comes speed, though.

Reactions: Salty Beef

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, I do my work!
just not in that class...
But if that class was art class, you'd ace it. And I'll also be keeping an eye on this thread. Might get some cool animation ideas if I wasn't swamped already.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
We have spider Velvet. Think you could might do one or two of the others as spiders?

EDIT: My bad, I forgot to mention how nice these look. Fine job, good fellow. Fine job indeed.
When I thought about making the characters into spiders I immediately thought of making the cute little puppies into spidogs.
Spidogs.jpg

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
When I thought about making the characters into spiders I immediately thought of making the cute little puppies into spidogs.
View attachment 367
Are you seeing this ManeSix? You see what you've started??

Sick work btw Cinnamaldehyde. Poms right eye just needs to be angled a little further down or her left eye needs to come up a little.