Will the game be successful?

How successful do you think this game will be?

• It will be the next Street Fighter!

• It will be able to compete with top fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter

• It will be a regular EVO contender

• It will be able to compete with SkullGirls

• It will flop

• It will be a moderate game but won't be that successful

• It will die out very soon

• The game will be able to generate a consistent tournament scene

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Given that their previous game was going to be at EVO shortly before they had to stop working on it, I think it's safe to say this game could manage the same.

Hadoking

Feb 28, 2016
When I said regular evo contender I mean't holding a spot at EVO for two or more years

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I'm gonna give my two cents here. The games success depend on a lot of factors and we can hope that mane 6 will make a game that will be as good as some of the best out there. And from what I have seen so far I am fairly confident that they will.
Next I would like to point out that WE the backers and all of the forum community members have the power to influence the popularity of THF.
I recently joined a fighting group that meets every weekend and I spoke about the game to some of my fellow fighters and three of them are already interested into TFH. They already said they will probably buy the game when it comes out.

In conclusion, I will keep searching for more fighting game fans and strike a casual conversation about the game to help it grow in popularity and I hope everyone else would follow my example.

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
I think it will be moderately successful. Not enough to become a pop culture phenomena like Mario or Sonic, but will at least be making lots of money and will have a big fanbase.

Reactions: Super jorsour64

Tunnel_Rhino526

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
I hope Thems' Fightin Herds succeeds. A lot of heart and soul has went into its production.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I would expect the game to gather a cult following at least, so I don't think it will flop. However any other success will depend very much on the advertising the game. If it's a good one, then the gaming magazines can give a huge boost in it.

Reactions: Super jorsour64

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
with the release of street fighter 5 (which will be much more updated by the time this game comes out) it has a lot of competition. However since we cant see into the future I'm going to guess 50/50...with the most likeliest outcome being it becomes an evo contender then disappears off the radar after that unless they can keep it interesting it will probably at least become a cult classic with the bronies I hope.

edit: if it takes off I can see a tv series with faust writting the 1st season then leaving, and a comic and other things keeping it alive with the casuals. If not it will still appear at most brony cons as long as those are still going on couple years from now.

Galaxy Heart

Caffeine-Based Life Form
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Down the ne'er-do-well.
I'm looking at this game as a competitive fighter.

Honestly, I hope it does get somewhat successful. It's never going to be able to compete with something like Street Fighter and if anyone's pretending it will, they're fooling themselves. BUT, it has the potential, if the mechanics are good enough and the combos fluid and original (not just pop-up based like we've been seeing so far), it has the potential to be a stage game at EVO and I know I'll be lobbying for it to be.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I don't follow the popularity of fighting games, but I would imagine it will be a regular at EVO. After all, isn't getting into EVO what started the debacle that created TFH in the first place?

Cronnicossy

Fighter Enthusiast & Teacher
Backers' Beta Tester
I think if it does extremely well, it can have a side stream at EVO. Best case.

I love these dev's and this games concept to death, but with so many fighters out right now, and this one seeming pretty... silly (I like Silly!)
I don't know. I live in an area where everyone judges everything and is very masculine (TAKE A GUESS).

I'm aware what really matters is the game itself, and how it plays-- but Skullgirls is a fantastic example and I don't know if Skullgirls was ever on the main showcase at EVO.
So basically what I'm dancing around saying is, I think it will be slightly less or as successful as Skullgirls. At best.

But I'd love to be proven wrong! Seriously!

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
I think it will be moderately successful. Not enough to become a pop culture phenomena like Mario or Sonic, but will at least be making lots of money and will have a big fanbase.
Same here. It's sure to have moderate success and a dedicated fanbase but most likely not super mainstream and popular like Lawyer Friendly Equines, Street Fighter, Undertale, etc.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Given that their previous game was going to be at EVO shortly before they had to stop working on it, I think it's safe to say this game could manage the same.
I don't follow the popularity of fighting games, but I would imagine it will be a regular at EVO. After all, isn't getting into EVO what started the debacle that created TFH in the first place?
That was a pretty specific situation. In 2013 EVO's 8th main stage spot was meant to be given to the winner of a donation drive for breast cancer research. One which Fighting is Magic was on one hand far from winning, but on the other it still gathered more $$$ than many mainstream titles, giving it some spotlight at the time (and also possibly inspiring The Toy Company's C&D).
Skullgirls is a fantastic example and I don't know if Skullgirls was ever on the main showcase at EVO.
Skullgirls was indeed never main stage at EVO. It was present at EVO every year since its release (4 times and counting), but always as a side stage tournament.

That said, makes me wonder how should the "regular EVO contender" poll option be interpreted. If it included side stage events, it would be synonymous with "be able to compete with Skullgirls", so I'm guessing it's specifically for being a main stage event, and for at least two years at that.

Looking at how much time/effort/money/polishing/balancing went into SG vs it never making main stage... yeah, I'd say side stage is a more achievable dream to have.

Reactions: Verseal

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
While I doubt it'll be the next best fighting game, I do think that it'll achieve success and get a spot in EVO. Wouldn't have backed it if I thought it was gonna flop.

Hadoking

Feb 28, 2016
While I doubt it'll be the next best fighting game, I do think that it'll achieve success and get a spot in EVO. Wouldn't have backed it if I thought it was gonna flop.
Yeeeeaahh, I'm pretty much hoping that doesn't get selected but at least it's there. Unless someone has a good reason for it.

QAAProphet

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 29, 2016
Will TFH be a Main Stage (9) game at EVO?
Probably not.
Skullgirls has never gotten an official slot. BlazBlue and KoF did not return in 2015, Persona is not returning in 2016.

Could TFH have a side tournament at EVO?
Absolutely!
We'd just need a good community TO team.

Could TFH be a main event at other tournaments?
With some work Yes! Combo Breaker, CEO, Big E events and more have much less entrants and could accommodate to smaller communities such as our own.

EVO is not the end all, be all of fighting games. Yes, it helps but the game can thrive without it.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I actually like that the original question is about the game being succesful, yet the answers are all about getting into EVO or not:D

Yes, the game WILL be succesful, if for nothing else, it is already paid for (thanks to indiegogo), and will hopefully not end up as a monetary loss for mane6 (don't know the actual numbers for games in this regard though).

Will it be succesful enough for EVO? I think it CAN get into EVO even without being succesful, it only needs to gather a certain amount of active following, which will make it worth the hosts to make a tournament for TFH. The first year is pretty much guaranteed in my opinion, as the game just barely started development, yet there are loads of fans who are talking about this.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I think the game will be successfull but for that to happen work has to be put on both ends, the devs making the best fighting game they can produce, and us as a community promoting the game with friends and such.

Hadoking

Feb 28, 2016
I actually like that the original question is about the game being succesful, yet the answers are all about getting into EVO or not:D

Yes, the game WILL be succesful, if for nothing else, it is already paid for (thanks to indiegogo), and will hopefully not end up as a monetary loss for mane6 (don't know the actual numbers for games in this regard though).

Will it be succesful enough for EVO? I think it CAN get into EVO even without being succesful, it only needs to gather a certain amount of active following, which will make it worth the hosts to make a tournament for TFH. The first year is pretty much guaranteed in my opinion, as the game just barely started development, yet there are loads of fans who are talking about this.
YEeeaah, kinda flooded the poll a bit, my bad

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
The Fighting Game genre will be completely redefined by this game. It will change things, forever.
I really wish this was the case.

However just having TFH be successfull like Skull girls would be amazing, I know id definitely would love to see this game jump onto other platforms apart from PC as well.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I really wish this was the case.

However just having TFH be successfull like Skull girls would be amazing, I know id definitely would love to see this game jump onto other platforms apart from PC as well.
I would love for this to land on the PS4 for something like that. Of course, I may be baised since I plan on using a ps3 controller to play :p

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I would love for this to land on the PS4 for something like that. Of course, I may be baised since I plan on using a ps3 controller to play :p
Id like it to be on as many platforms as it could be, I know I love skull girls and i think this game would be great for consoles too (also if on sony i could use my PsVita to play on the go)

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Reading through the thread I realised I saw something interesting while following TFH in the begining. I don't know how many have seen it so I will post the link to the video here.
I found it to be quite positive, especialy since this was at the time indiegogo was starting/started.

What do you guys think?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Id like it to be on as many platforms as it could be, I know I love skull girls and i think this game would be great for consoles too (also if on sony i could use my PsVita to play on the go)
I would kill for a Vita version, the poor little console needs some love. But any console version is currently a big maybe after release, as you need to get all kind of licences, rewrite half the ge to run, and keep people paid during it. But if it becomes a hit, I can easily imagine a console version.
Food for thoughts, devs? (we really need a good word for all of you, "devs" feel so impersonal)
Reading through the thread I realised I saw something interesting while following TFH in the begining. I don't know how many have seen it so I will post the link to the video here.
I found it to be quite positive, especialy since this was at the time indiegogo was starting/started.

What do you guys think?
I believe most of us saw this and everyone is really hopeful because of it. You see some random guys set up some random unfinished game, I would think people there didn't think much of it at first sight:D. They were probably like: "eh some wannabe developers, at least humor them a bit".

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I would kill for a Vita version, the poor little console needs some love. But any console version is currently a big maybe after release, as you need to get all kind of licences, rewrite half the ge to run, and keep people paid during it. But if it becomes a hit, I can easily imagine a console version.
Food for thoughts, devs? (we really need a good word for all of you, "devs" feel so impersonal)

I believe most of us saw this and everyone is really hopeful because of it. You see some random guys set up some random unfinished game, I would think people there didn't think much of it at first sight:D. They were probably like: "eh some wannabe developers, at least humor them a bit".
I asked about the possible Console ports for the game in the latest work stream and got a reply that they would consider a console port if the game gets incredibly positive PC release debut, so spread the word about the game and maybe your biggest wish will become a reality

Koiyuki

Humble subject of the Empire of Tianhuo
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Somewhere in SoCal
I've been in the FGC for awhile, and my specialty seems to fall under what the community calls 'anime fighters'. From what I've seen, it'll likely follow the path of other Anime Fighters, in that it'll have a modest but passionate following throughout the years(and probably more intense in support, given it's connections to the brony community, who are utterly devoted to whatever they deem worthy of their time and money). I'm just wondering what kind of tech will be generated, once it hits, and people really dig into the systems

Hadoking

Feb 28, 2016
I specialize in anime fighters as well and there hasn't been many new thriving ones lately. This gives me even more reason to want this game to succeed.